new member and customer

• Hey all, I just picked up Aerofly FS2 on Steam and wandered over here to register.

Nice start on your flightsim - it is working well on my PC as long as I leave the cumulus clouds off/lowest setting.

I look forward to your ongoing development but so far things look very good.

• Hi and welcome to our forum. We are still in development with more to come so it will only get better from here.

Have a look at our OFFICIAL WIKI for the user manual, tutorials, and instructional information to get you acclimated

We hope you enjoy!

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I saw that there is a cold and dark mod for the c172 and now I'm wondering if there will be a 'parked plane' option for all aircraft..

I would like to start from the flight line or hangar area either with a 'cold and dark' cockpit - or barring that - at least have the option to 'quickstart' and 'shutdown' the engine(s) with a keystroke. It just adds a bit more completion to sim flying than starting from the active with the prop or jet engine running and then quitting the flight with the airplane running and generally without a taxi to the fuel or parking area. It just seems like a small change that would make a huge difference in the experience - IMO

"We'll use the Hornet, strip the planes down as light as we can, and use the best pilots we can find" - Jimmy Doolittle

• Hi Heywooood.

There is a tip for you if you want to enjoy full cumulus clouds coverage without any trouble. It works till the first day and is easy.

If you use a screen and Vsync on ingame, then problem happens with cumulus : it makes the game rendering "pausing" every second or less.

The solution that works perfectly is to :

1) untick Vsync ingame (Vsync off)

2) in Nvidia control panel go to 3D parameters / programm parameters / set a profile for aerofly fs 2 and just set Vsync ON for this profile and apply.

3) download and install MSI afterburner - launch it - then open the associated task "Riva TunerStatisticsServer" and set a profile for aerofly fs 2 - then just put the framerate limit to 60 (or whatever is your screen refreshrate).

That way you can set a full coverage cumulus and cirrus and have a perfect smoothness/framerate, just like when you set zero cumulus without this tip.

• toutenglisse - for MSI afterburner do I not need to have an MSI mobo?

I have already set the vsync in nvidia and switched it off in the simulator GUI and that works well but for the clouds.

jet-Pack, I guess I should have flown the c172 before I piped up - lol

it's good to know there is a substantial list of further development

"We'll use the Hornet, strip the planes down as light as we can, and use the best pilots we can find" - Jimmy Doolittle

• toutenglisse - for MSI afterburner do I not need to have an MSI mobo?

I have already set the vsync in nvidia and switched it off in the simulator GUI and that works well but for the clouds.

jet-Pack, I guess I should have flown the c172 before I piped up - lol

it's good to know there is a substantial list of further development

If you are flying in VR (or plan to) you should not do this. For VR VSync should be turned OFF and no settings should be set beyond default in your NVidia control panel. Also, it's NOT recommended to use any after market applications to enhance Aerofly as they will only cause you trouble.

You can do what you want but as the developer these are our suggestions.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Heywooood - MSI afterburner handles GPU not Mobo, and it works whatever the brand of your card.

This Tip works flawlessly I just verified it was still actual before posting (I mostly use VR), but of course drhotwing1 is right it is only for screen use.

In VR oculus or other brand's SDK handles its own Vsync (90Hz) and caplimit (90fps). When I use VR I set Vsync off ingame and zero external settings.

I personnaly experienced no downside to this tip - it just solves cumulus + vsync trouble - but it's just user's finding.

• for what it's worth I do not plan to use VR anytime soon - I am not strapping that bedpan to my face to the exclusion of the world around me. I have a nice monitor to look at and decent speakers and I don't expect that to ever change...lol