• Is it possible to create grass airstrip?

Not yet, but it's a planned feature.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I have another request, is it possible to pick up an airport made by another person to modify it on a personal basis, or to redo his personal version with FSCloudPort?

I think Phil will be activating a "share" feature very soon so two people who agree can both modify an existing airport. Send me a pm.

Regards,

Ray

• Just like you can select a plane with a different paint scheme, it would be nice if you could select different versions of a FSCP airport.

There are a finite number of major airports and the first person to place a runway may not be planning to invest hours to add more detail / buildings / aircraft which means that airport never gets fully developed.

• Just like you can select a plane with a different paint scheme, it would be nice if you could select different versions of a FSCP airport.

There are a finite number of major airports and the first person to place a runway may not be planning to invest hours to add more detail / buildings / aircraft which means that airport never gets fully developed.

Sure, I think we all agree this is one of the goals. It is still very early in the development and things that are important will float to the top. I just recently noticed that it is better not to add a bunch of buildings at the smaller airports, but to add cultivation first, then download and install and see what buildings the cultivation program adds for you. Some of them are not in our library of choices and other will overlap at times.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, thanks again for the cultivate 1st tip - wow all those houses and buildings look nice! I didn't see any trees - did I miss a setting somewhere? My current scenery resolution is only 2m. That's Breakaway on the left - now I need to clean-up my manually placed FSCP houses & buildings :)

• Ray, thanks again for the cultivate 1st tip - wow all those houses and buildings look nice! I didn't see any trees - did I miss a setting somewhere? My current scenery resolution is only 2m. That's Breakaway on the left - now I need to clean-up my manually placed FSCP houses & buildings :)

Good start. I’m not sure where your trees are hiding. How large, or maybe how small is your cultivation area? Maybe try all of NW Austin and check for groups of trees. You might also try a small dl level 1 area and process at 9 - 14.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Phil.

Can't we refine this in the cloud with regard to collaborative work?

How do I get additional TOC files or own objects into the corresponding scenery?

Or insert an improved TSC file?

How can one improve or adopt scenes from others that are not cowardly and unkindly designed?

In this way, various "scrap" could be avoided.;)

I have made TSC Files for many Airports with more one Runway, and this TSC Files are better for future when you come with update for FS Cloud with

Taxiways and more Runways, Grass and so on...

I work to future, then i have not once again work for the exist Airports... after your update.:)

Regards ULI

• As a quick fix for now: If you have a .tmb version of an object then you can build the airport with an existing object and edit the TSC file to reference your tmb instead and it will appear in the right place.

e.g. you want to put a truck somewhere, so instead you put a water tank as a placeholder. You then look in the TSC and see something like "tank_small_white_mw_00_02_15_15_virtual" so you replace that with "truck" and as long as you have the file truck.tmb it will show the truck instead.

Where do you get the tmbs you ask? Just look inside the folders of any airports or DLC airports. Lots of tmb files in there with names that you can usually work out. I grabbed a wind turbine from Heligoland this way. Give it a go and post some screenshots - it would be great to see some airports with more interesting objects.

EDIT: I forgot. You'll need some .ttx files to go with those tmb's - with luck they have the same names apart from the suffix.

As for editing someone else's airport I'm working on something now - when its done if you ask the author nicely they may let you be a contributor on an airport and have edit access.

• H Phil...

No.

I meant data that I want to add to my existing Zip folder from outside to fscloud.

e.g. TOC files, are the landscape (Autogen) or

my own buildings and so on...

These files should also have others downloading the scenery..... or?!

how I install my buildings in my scenery locally I now know...;)

regards:)

uli

• Sorry that won't be supported. Everything in FSCloudPort is user generated so no risk of copyright infringement. There won't be an option to upload external data sources. I will however be looking at whether cultivation from OSM can be incorporated.

• Unfortunately there are not many tmb-files available, most are hidden in a obj.tmb file i guess. I do not know how this is structured. Only their texture files are visible.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Bespoke Conversions

I have developed new tools to perform bespoke conversions of fsCloudPort airports. Instead of using pre-generated runway models which are a rough fit to the real ones, these tools take the same data from FSCP and generate a complete integrated airport. This solves the cross-over problem too, oh and I've added runway numbers while I was at it.

That was the good news. The bad news is that it isn't automatic. I need to run a series of processes that currently overall take about 20 minutes per airport on my local PC before uploading files to FSCP. Things should improve over time but for now I'm just doing a few select airports that will really benefit from it, such as:

http://www.fscloudport.com/icao/kmdw.htm

http://www.fscloudport.com/icao/kord.htm

This is how they look now: