• Yea team. Just imagine the above. A thousand airports around the world that can be used for takeoffs and landings in AFS2 today. Who would have thunk it two months ago? wow.

Not only functional runways with decal numbers but lots of buildings, tanks, static aircraft, and more. Thanks Phil.

Regards,

Ray

• Well I only made around 6 of them so credit to the authors I think. Here's the 50+ club.

Kloot 71

Ian C 72

Jetjockey10 130

KJKsimmer 166

Oldar 79

Rodeo 52

StrongSafety 90

TomSimMuc 178

More stats while I'm at it.

Total # downloaded airports: 4,141

• I'm not sure if this has been causing a problem but I noticed that the maximum number of airports FSCloudPort was showing for a country was 500, even though the US is now up to 570. I've adjusted the code so you can see/download all of the 570 now (I've raised the limit to 999).

By the way, remember you can share a URL for any airport using its ICAO, so for example, even though the system generates a URL like this for KMDW

http://www.fscloudport.com/phdi/p1.nsf/3d…19?OpenDocument

You can also reference it with : http://www.fscloudport.com/icao/kmdw.htm

Finally I have removed the XFREF Global download step. The download steps used to involve downloading and unzipping this extra file but the latest AFS2 update extended the reach of the default XREFs (built in models of static aircraft & buildings) from US only to global, so this is no longer needed. I haven't had chance to test this yet, so if someone has never downloaded an airport from FSCloudPort before, please give it a try and let me know. Thanks.

• Hi Phil,

Have you considered supporting multiple versions of an airport in the same way that the X-Plane scenery gateway does? (Or maybe you do already).

Say I want to take someone's airport and add some custom made 3D models, it may be good to show both versions and let the user decide which they want.

For example, Cardiff Airport for X-Plane, various authors have attempted it

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Hi Phil,

Have you considered supporting multiple versions of an airport in the same way that the X-Plane scenery gateway does? (Or maybe you do already).

Say I want to take someone's airport and add some custom made 3D models, it may be good to show both versions and let the user decide which they want.

For example, Cardiff Airport for X-Plane, various authors have attempted it

https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/EGFF

Hi Nick. Yes, its on the list - quite a lengthy list it is though. For now all I can offer is if someone wants to add to an airport they can ask the author to grant them editor access. That's working now. I think before then people want things like more XREF models, better lighting options, multi-airport download, correct scale footprint of an aircraft and choice of textures including grass. Solving the cross-over runway problem would be great of course as would creating taxiways!

• Hi Nick. Yes, its on the list - quite a lengthy list it is though. For now all I can offer is if someone wants to add to an airport they can ask the author to grant them editor access. That's working now. I think before then people want things like more XREF models, better lighting options, multi-airport download, correct scale footprint of an aircraft and choice of textures including grass. Solving the cross-over runway problem would be great of course as would creating taxiways!

Maybe when / if I get through everything with AeroScenery I can give you a hand!

What's it written in, PHP?

• The possibility to flatten the ground would be great. My added buildings sit on little hills (switzerland dlc) and taxiways are very bumpy.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Maybe when / if I get through everything with AeroScenery I can give you a hand!

What's it written in, PHP?

It would be easier to share out the work if it was PHP - Lotus Domino & HTML+JQuery

• It would be easier to share out the work if it was PHP - Lotus Domino & HTML+JQuery

That's a shame. Let me know if you ever consider porting the backend to PHP or NodeJS (or want it ported). You could keep most of the front end code.

Another thing, is there any support for hand edited TSC files, along with cultivation files and custom models at the moment?

(Just adding a few Welsh airports currently).

• Will do. TSCs are auto-generated so no scope for hand edits. Cultivation files are something I considered, though they may also be a good fit with your tool - I did plan to make a simple exclusion generation tool for use with ScenProc. Custom models - LarryLynx offered his models so I plan to add those at some point.

• Will do. TSCs are auto-generated so no scope for hand edits. Cultivation files are something I considered, though they may also be a good fit with your tool - I did plan to make a simple exclusion generation tool for use with ScenProc. Custom models - LarryLynx offered his models so I plan to add those at some point.

I suppose what I'm saying is that if I wanted to spend some time on my local airport, creating custom models in 3DS Max, adding cultivation files, manually adding stuff and tweaking the TSC file, then packaging it all up as a zip, it would be great to share that through FSCloudPort. (Although there are probably data transfer cost considerations with that).

I guess it depends what you consider the scope of FSCloudPort vs a more generic scenery gateway, like the X-Plane one.

The X-Plane one is very simple with no editing capability. It's a database of airports, with multiple download versions for each.

Maybe they're two separate sites with two separate functions.

• I suppose what I'm saying is that if I wanted to spend some time on my local airport, creating custom models in 3DS Max, adding cultivation files, manually adding stuff and tweaking the TSC file, then packaging it all up as a zip, it would be great to share that through FSCloudPort. (Although there are probably data transfer cost considerations with that).

I guess it depends what you consider the scope of FSCloudPort vs a more generic scenery gateway, like the X-Plane one.

The X-Plane one is very simple with no editing capability. It's a database of airports, with multiple download versions for each.

Maybe they're two separate sites with two separate functions.

I see. My view is that FSCP is a rapid airport creation tool not a sharing repository for custom made airports. If there was such a tool I'd happily link to it from each relevant airport in the same way you're linking to me.

• I see. My view is that FSCP is a rapid airport creation tool not a sharing repository for custom made airports. If there was such a tool I'd happily link to it from each relevant airport in the same way you're linking to me.

Sounds good, and probably best to draw a distinction between the two.

It's maybe something I'll look at after AeroScenery but I didn't want to "step on your toes".

• Spit40, I think your FSCloudPort tool/process could also solve the city buildings problem (FSCloudCities).

Just like FSCP has a library of objects for hangars, buildings, and towers that can be placed around an airport - FSCC could have a library of tall buildings of different shapes, heights, and textures that could be placed in the same locations as existing tall buildings in a downtown area. A "city" tsc would be generated and saved in the cloud for others to download and use like FSCP airports.

I was experimenting with ScenProc generated tall buildings in toc files but ran into a dead end when I noticed the buildings are only visible within 5-6km of your aircraft. Your FSCP airport buildings, however, are always visible at any line-of-sight distance and with people creating non-airport tsc files to anchor their cultivation, it got me thinking about combining a non-airport tsc with your FSCP approach to easily create cities with tall buildings.

Maybe it's as easy as adding a tall buildings library and an option in FSCP to select an airport tsc or a city tsc - thoughts?