Aerofly Audio Replacement Package Released

• Spit40, awesome job with the sounds! Was noticing that the Baron sounds weren't as "throaty" as I recall from FSX days. But then again I don't recall things very well from yesterday. Anyway, did you use your FSX sounds as a basis for this FS2 package? Thanks again!

• I see the Q400 isn't supported. Pity. Beside the Cessna it's the only plane I fly. Don't know if this is worth the money for just the Cessna sounds. I suppose there isn't a comparison video somewhere? I did see a short clip of the Cessna at the end of the official video but I'd like a comparison.

• I see the Q400 isn't supported. Pity. Beside the Cessna it's the only plane I fly. Don't know if this is worth the money for just the Cessna sounds. I suppose there isn't a comparison video somewhere? I did see a short clip of the Cessna at the end of the official video but I'd like a comparison.

Hey J, I did upload a version for the Q400. Check Flightsim.com

Cheers,

Aaron

• So I wanted to re-install these sounds after the large update, but cannot find the download I purchased from Skysong Soundworks on my hard-drive. Nor can I find any email from Skysong or log in on their web-site (their web-site doesn't know my email address as a known customer - I could swear I registered at the time of purchase?!?) Can anyone remind me what the name of the original file from Aaron was call so that I can search it up!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Don't know if it can help you but the original zip file name is "af2hdsnz".

Perfect - found it on my hard-drive!! Thanks Raspou - much appreciated!!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• One thing about this sound-pack and ease of installation.

After unzipping the files, you will find folders with names like a320snz, b58snz, etc.

I ended up manually moving the contents of each folder one by one to the appropriate Aerofly aircraft folders location, whose folder names did NOT end with "Snz" (mismatch)

Later, after a sudden unexpected rush of brains to the head, I realized that I could simply remove "snz" from the end of the unzipped Audio replacement package folders and simply drop the renamed folders all at once to the correct Aerofly locations in a split second, rather than the more laborious process seemingly indicated by the instructions.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Do we know if Aaron has updated any of the files? Haven’t had a chance to re-install it yet, but found that particularly the Corsair engine sound is really “gutless” compared to what I’d expect the big mother-of-all-radial engines ought to sound like. I actually might use the engine sound from the Bucker Jungmeister as a replacement - inaccurate but way better sounding than the Corsair.

• Do we know if Aaron has updated any of the files? Haven’t had a chance to re-install it yet, but found that particularly the Corsair engine sound is really “gutless” compared to what I’d expect the big mother-of-all-radial engines ought to sound like. I actually might use the engine sound from the Bucker Jungmeister as a replacement - inaccurate but way better sounding than the Corsair.

I don’t know the answer but, I have been complaining about the ultra-weak sounds of the Corsair since the first Avsim review published in January 2017. All I got was a lot of double talk about not understanding CS props and such nonsense but, no one would even admit the missing sounds that should be present as you increase or decrease throttle. A good sound pack is sorely needed for sure.

Regards,

Ray

• So I wanted to re-install these sounds after the large update, but cannot find the download I purchased from Skysong Soundworks on my hard-drive. Nor can I find any email from Skysong or log in on their web-site (their web-site doesn't know my email address as a known customer - I could swear I registered at the time of purchase?!?) Can anyone remind me what the name of the original file from Aaron was call so that I can search it up!

Hello Ozav8r, you can always e-mail me at: arspilot@aim.com if you need additional help. Please provide me your date of purchase and (name used) and I will check your customer status. Looks like you found your original file download, it happens to me also. P.S. Thank you! :)

I don’t know the answer but, I have been complaining about the ultra-weak sounds of the Corsair since the first Avsim review published in January 2017. All I got was a lot of double talk about not understanding CS props and such nonsense but, no one would even admit the missing sounds that should be present as you increase or decrease throttle. A good sound pack is sorely needed for sure.

Regards,

Ray

Yes, the sound engine needs an extensive amount of work to bring it up to par. Right now we basically have idle-full power. The rpm transition is sorely lacking in the middle. I can create rudimentary work around fixes for now, but I have to have a fully functioning sound engine script to polish the audio up to gold standard. It is my wish to be able to do that for Aerofly 2, I love this simulator! After all, sound is at least half the fun :) Cheers all AF2 Pilots

• Yes, the sound engine needs an extensive amount of work to bring it up to par. Right now we basically have idle-full power. The rpm transition is sorely lacking in the middle. I can create rudimentary work around fixes for now, but I have to have a fully functioning sound engine script to polish the audio up to gold standard. It is my wish to be able to do that for Aerofly 2, I love this simulator! After all, sound is at least half the fun :) Cheers all AF2 Pilots

Good to hear from you. Gold Standard sounds would be great for AFS2.

Regards,

Ray

• Hello Ozav8r, you can always e-mail me at: arspilot@aim.com if you need additional help. Please provide me your date of purchase and (name used) and I will check your customer status. Looks like you found your original file download, it happens to me also. P.S. Thank you! :)

Thanks a lot for responding - much appreciated. I’m away from my rig at the moment, but will try to dig out the email ai received or at least narrow down the purchase date (I bought it within days of its release). Would the order/invoice details have been sent from the email address quoted in your message? I did however find the original compressed file I downloaded, so if there’s been no updates since it’s initial release, I’ll just dig out the sound files I need from there and re-install. Thanks again!

• Thanks a lot for responding - much appreciated. I’m away from my rig at the moment, but will try to dig out the email ai received or at least narrow down the purchase date (I bought it within days of its release). Would the order/invoice details have been sent from the email address quoted in your message? I did however find the original compressed file I downloaded, so if there’s been no updates since it’s initial release, I’ll just dig out the sound files I need from there and re-install. Thanks again!

No worries, all I need is the (name) you used for the purchase. You can also contact me using the (contact us) on my website.

Cheers my friend!