About Plant Cultivation

• I don't know if the information is known but as I discovered it during some experimentation on cultivation last week, I come to share it with you ...

I thought that there were only 2 class of "plant" in AFS2: "broadleaf" and "conifer". Last days, I have discovered that there are two additional ones: palms and bushes.

In addition, about the tree definition structure in .toc files, a typical declaration of scenproc works a little like the grouping in "FSX", in short the simulator will dig randomly into AFS2 "broadleaf" varieties to plant a tree.

Code
    <[plant][element][0]
                    <[vector3_float64][position][-95.555474 30.054864 0]>
                    <[vector2_float32][height_range][8 25]>
                    <[string8][group][broadleaf]>
                    <[string8][species][]>
                >

There is another way of gardening, you can specify in "species" definition the name of specific varietie of tree to plant, for example:

Code
    <[plant][element][0]
                    <[vector3_float64][position][-95.555474 30.054864 0]>
                    <[vector2_float32][height_range][8 25]>
                    <[string8][group][broadleaf]>
                    <[string8][species][01_1650]>
                >

And now you are going to ask me: "but how do I find the name corresponding to the tree I want to plant!?"

I would just say go take a look into the AFS2 program folder: "Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator \ scenery \ plants"

Do not get tired, I've already done it for you ;)

I did not really understand what the numbers in the file name were, but I think the second number is related to the size of the default tree.

for example: "BroadLeaf_01_1650" should match the model "BroadLeaf" number "01" which is a default size of 16.50 meters

I made some in-game capture of each model, (with a height range of [10; 10). Sorry ! the quality of the screenshot is not terrible but it already gives an idea of the type of tree corresponding to such or such file :)

https://tof.cx/image/uUss0

https://tof.cx/image/uUfOw

https://tof.cx/image/uUkER
    https://tof.cx/image/uUHDU

• Congratulations vogel69,

all your assumptions are correct.

IPACS expanded the parameters for cultivation recently, but it has not been documented yet.

And since we can modify the parameters in JOSM or QGIS, we can precisely execute our gardening :)

• Hi,

Thx !

But i search the code in scenproc for more plants...

Have you found it ?

When we generated at Asia with Scenproc there was nothing plants generated with scenproc. There are no tips in the pdf from scenproc to do plants specialy like yours Tabel and more plants as 100 per field.

"Species" give us the tree or what evver, what are generated.

Regards

ULI

• Hi,

in most cases the OSM will miss any detailed information.

If you work on a specific area (not too large) you can modify some data in JOSM or QGIS for your own purpose.

Single trees look like this:

To include them in scenproc you need these lines:

Forest polygons look like this:

You need:

Now, if you change the values in your data and the script,

let's say natural = "shrub"

or landuse = "forest conifer"
    you may specifically plant the requested group.

I used this for different height groups of trees (see EDXE), or for different climatic zones.

Cheers

Rodeo

• Thanks Vogel, I really appreciate the individual tree pictures. I saw this thread as you posted it and put it aside for later use. And now ScenProc supports all the groups and species, that's a great help.

The next step is to find out the tree textures format for adding scenery-specific trees.

For a guess I'd start with 1024x1024 textures with an alpha channel and see if it loads in AFS2 and, if yes, how it looks like...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Vogel, would you paste your latest spc control file you are using with scenproc?

I was running scenproc last night on a large area and expected more trees everywhere - I'd like to compare my spc file to see what I'm missing or need to tweak.

UPDATE - able to generate dense trees with photoscenery process Ian posted.

• Vogel, is there a trick to use palm or shrub in ScenProc? I get this error when I try to swap them in where broadleaf & conifer listed with CreateAF2Plant statements.

UPDATE - figured it out, just run scenproc normally then use SEARCH/REPLACE feature of Notepad++ to replace BROADLEAF with PALM. Also works with SHRUB.

• if you're using the latest dev release of ScenProc you can directly use palm and shrub with the CreateAF2plants step.

Just make sure they are listed among trees groups in the config file (look in the ScenProc folder).

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.