Aerofly Will Not Start, Desk Top Icons doing wacky things while Aerofly hangs

• Aerofly has been working fine until now. I used the Aircraft Converter to generate a repaint that I was working on. I noticed on the preview that the prop came up as transparent, which I thought to be a bit odd (See attached preview).

To see how the aircraft looked in the actual Sim, I tried to start the program. The program hung for about 15 minutes on the 'Loading Scenery' screen graphic. I noticed that the entire time that the program was hung up, the desktop icons kept changing from a green checkmark, to a grey X, to a shortcut icon, then cycled back again over and over again, with a rotating time frequency of about once every second and a half (See attached images). Looking at the Log file it seems like an awful lot of joystick entries. Any idea what could be going on here?

Note transparent prop - Related to the other issue???

Icons with Checkmarks

Icons with icons

Icons with X's.

The desktop rolls through the three icon formats, changing every icon about every second and a half.

Edited 2 times, last by GACSavannah: Clarified the garbled mess that I started with. (April 6, 2018 at 1:40 AM).

• Official Post

First try to unplug any USB device you have plugged in, delete your main.mcf file (documents\aerofly fs2 folder), then try to re-launch Aerofly.

Let me know what happens.

Also, take that aircraft that you were checking out for now.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff,

Thank you for your help. I unplugged all USB controllers, deleted the last repaint that I had compiled, and deleted the main.mcf file, then tried again. I couldn't see what the icons were doing this time because Aerofly tried to open in full screen mode obscuring the desktop, presumably because the main.mcf was not present telling it not to. Regardless, the end result was exactly the same.. After about 10 minutes staring at the 'Loading Scenery' splash screen I finally force quit the program. I am attaching the now current tm.log which has been renamed as tmlog copy.txt.

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/8324/

Edited once, last by GACSavannah: Some of the post didn't same. replaced the missing portion of the post. (April 6, 2018 at 11:36 PM).

• Official Post

I can't open your TM log.

The only thing that I can think of would be to run the Steam file integrity check on your Aerofly FS 2 install.

You can also try to delete the 'gc-map.mcf' file. Please keep in mind that this will clear your controller configuration, but this may be what's also causing your problem.

Also, check to insure that you have the latest graphics card drivers installed.

This sounds like something got corrupt on you here.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• > The only thing that I can think of would be to run the Steam file integrity check on your Aerofly FS 2 install.

Ha! That's actually why I just logged in, to say that I had run the Steam Integrity Check. It says that I have 4 files that failed to validate and that they will be re-acquired. Now, my question is, how to I go about re-acquiring those 4 files? I tried a reboot, followed by reopening Steam, but that doesn't seem to have done it. What is my next step to get the 4 files?

• Jeff,

So, I went ahead and let the program sit in it's 'hung in startup' mode while I ran an errand with my wife. When I returned, I was faced with an 11 MB tm.log file (!) with 4452 lines of repeat attempts to configure a joystick that is not even present. I am suspecting this is the cause of my problem, for what ever reason it is getting itself stuck in a never ending loop looking for joysticks. This is after removing the gc-map.mcf file and updating the display driver as you suggested.

Have you any idea what could cause this behavior? the last two attempts (With MANY more just like it above) in the tm.log file are...

4451.98-tmimage: trackir dll not found (DLL Location key not present)

4451.99-tmmodule: searching for input devices...

4452.00-tmmodule: searching joysticks...

4452.02-tmmodule: no joysticks found

4452.03-tmmodule: no input devices found

4452.04-tmimage: trackir dll not found (DLL Location key not present)

4452.05-tmmodule: searching for input devices...

4452.06-tmmodule: searching joysticks...

• Official Post

Let the integrity check run fully, it will restore everything for you automatically. Since it detected issues, run this fully first. After that try to run Aerofly again before going to the next steps below.

Delete your 'gc-map.mcf' file. I suspect this may be your problem if the integrity check doesn't fix this.

Do you have any other peripheral plugged in that may be conflicting, or that may be malfunctioning?

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff,

I deleted the gc-map.mcf file and ran the complete integrity check again. I then ran the integrity check one more time and finally got a clean bill of health with no files found with errors. I then tried loading Aerofly again and it still failed. So I did the unthinkable and totally deleted the Aerofly install from Steam, and then re-Installed which took about 15 hours. The result is that now....

Nothing has changed. I try to start Aerofly and it hags o the screen that says "Loading Scenery". Just as last time there are lines after lines after lines in the tm.log where Aerofly is trying to configure a joystick that is not plugged in (See below). So now I am wondering if Aerofly is trying to access a WIndows file, or some other file that is outside of the Aerofly installation that is causing the problem.

Can you think of any files outside of the Aerofly installation that could be getting called up when Aerofly loads that could have become damaged that could be causing this issue?

End of the tm.log (with many many many lines just the same above this point):

969.92-tmmodule: no joysticks found

969.92-tmmodule: no input devices found

969.93-tmimage: trackir dll not found (DLL Location key not present)

969.95-tmmodule: searching for input devices...

969.96-tmmodule: searching joysticks...

970.02-tmmodule: no joysticks found

970.03-tmmodule: no input devices found

970.03-tmimage: trackir dll not found (DLL Location key not present)

970.05-tmmodule: searching for input devices...

970.05-tmmodule: searching joysticks...

970.23-tmmodule: no joysticks found

970.23-tmmodule: no input devices found

970.24-tmimage: trackir dll not found (DLL Location key not present)

970.25-tmmodule: searching for input devices...

970.26-tmmodule: searching joysticks...

• Official Post

Sorry that you are going through all of this but with what you have done I can confirm that there is something going on with your PC that's causing this and NOT an Aerofly FS 2 problem.

If you would like, fill out the form on the CONTACT US page and we will look more into this for you the best we can internally.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thank you Jeff. I filled out the form and submitted it. I agree it is most likely something outside of the Aerofly software, but have no clue what. Possibly something updated as part of a windows push, or some other dll fill that has become corrupt. I appreciate all of your help, and hope that someone here can help to track down whatever it is that is not cooperating with Aerofly.

Ed, I am sorry, but the Ipacs team have not released any paint kit for the Baron, so repaints of it are not yet possible.

Kerry

• @Kerry: Its definitely something outside of Aerofly. Having Icons on Windows with checkmarks looks like a virus, spy ware or some other addon software that shouldn't be on your system. Maybe consider a clean installation of Windows to get rid of this.

You have lots of programs installed so you probably installed this 'piece of software' while installing another program.

• Thank you Jeff. I filled out the form and submitted it. I agree it is most likely something outside of the Aerofly software, but have no clue what. Possibly something updated as part of a windows push, or some other dll fill that has become corrupt. I appreciate all of your help, and hope that someone here can help to track down whatever it is that is not cooperating with Aerofly.

Ed, I am sorry, but the Ipacs team have not released any paint kit for the Baron, so repaints of it are not yet possible.

Kerry

Hi Kerry, no problem. I do hope you solve your current issues with your computer. Take it with some patience.

Good luck, Ed

• Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5