YawVR 3DoF VR MOTION SIMULATOR

• Im not ordering it until I know all these kinks are worked out, and apparently it wont be ready until August anyways.

• Hey guys

Does anybody from our bunch have any experience with Simukit SK3 platform?

It seems like a great kit for the money and huge addition to VR immersion.

Looks interesting. Its great that the 3rd DOF is heave. I'd prefer that to yaw which mine has. Mine uses the same wiper motors for power. They're small but pretty strong. The main concern I have about mine is that I can't get it smooth enough, which I think is down to gearing quality/slack and possibly some glitches with the SimTools algorithms which I'm discussing with the developer. With yaw especially you don't want gearing slack or its quite jerky and unnatural.

Drivers don't notice jerkiness because movements are more abrupt. I would try to get a hands on flying not driving test.

• Looks interesting. Its great that the 3rd DOF is heave. I'd prefer that to yaw which mine has. Mine uses the same wiper motors for power. They're small but pretty strong. The main concern I have about mine is that I can't get it smooth enough, which I think is down to gearing quality/slack and possibly some glitches with the SimTools algorithms which I'm discussing with the developer. With yaw especially you don't want gearing slack or its quite jerky and unnatural.

Drivers don't notice jerkiness because movements are more abrupt. I would try to get a hands on flying not driving test.

I think your rig has 250W motors (correct me if I'm wrong) while SK3 uses 400W. Anyway it looks like a really good product and the heave is one great feature for flight simming. I'm seriously considering to give it a go but I would love to hear some feedback from existing users first or demo ride the actual platform my self.

The only one step up is the FaseTech 3 or 4 DOF but that is nearly double the price..

Over and Out

Jay

• I think your rig has 250W motors (correct me if I'm wrong) while SK3 uses 400W. Anyway it looks like a really good product and the heave is one great feature for flight simming. I'm seriously considering to give it a go but I would love to hear some feedback from existing users first or demo ride the actual platform my self.

The only one step up is the FaseTech 3 or 4 DOF but that is nearly double the price..

Are you on x-simulator.net? See https://www.xsimulator.net/community/thre…solution.11465/

I see Fluke is interested in SimuKit SK3 and he's a flight sim guy. I've chatted with him previously as we both went with DOF Reality about the same time.

• Though the thread is dead for a while; I'd like to "revive" it (Vive owners know the term! ;)). I have personal experience with a "G seat" that natively supports Aerofly FS2 and also with a low-budget solution, the JetSeat, which also comes in an "upgraded" and much nicer and more serviceable version.

I agree very much with Spit40, I had quite the same hopes as him and found them partly fullfilled by the Geko seat and partly not. The fact is that many motion platforms are focused mainly ─ or first ─ on racing sims and are then somehow "adapted" to flight sims. This has, of course, commercial reasons. Therefore, exactly as Spit40 mentions, I spent a lot of time in tweaking the G seat's interface (you get all the necessary tools for that). But in the end it remained sosolala. In fact, the G seat convinced me much more when using it for racing sims. And, btw, in a couple of roller coaster sims!

For this reasons I have been looking for another motion platform, that should have ─ again I agree with Spit40 ─ Heave as third or forth DoF.
    I have fasetech on my radar, but I wanna see a few reports of dedicated flight simmers before it becomes a real option.

But I can heartily recommend the JetSeat. With Andre's "Wings" software it has become MUCH better than when I bought the first version about 4 years ago. It is something between a motion plattform and ButtKicker. For natively supported simulations (currently Falcon_BMS, DCS, Aerofly and War Thunder) it is event (and not soundcard) driven. That means the 6 to 8 vibration motors give you feedback to actions like gear, flaps, bumbs, stall warning and g-forces. NOT as real G forces, but as a rumbling and tickling in 6 different "zones" that you quickly learn to interprete. There's a workaround that gives you motor vibes, too.
    As a cushion that you put on your seat it it works very fine on the Geko seat and probably on any other (platform's) seat.

• But I can heartily recommend the JetSeat. With Andre's "Wings" software it has become MUCH better than when I bought the first version about 4 years ago. It is something between a motion plattform and ButtKicker. For natively supported simulations (currently Falcon_BMS, DCS, Aerofly and War Thunder) it is event (and not soundcard) driven. That means the 6 to 8 vibration motors give you feedback to actions like gear, flaps, bumbs, stall warning and g-forces. NOT as real G forces, but as a rumbling and tickling in 6 different "zones" that you quickly learn to interprete. There's a workaround that gives you motor vibes, too.
    As a cushion that you put on your seat it it works very fine on the Geko seat and probably on any other (platform's) seat.

Last year, I bought the custom version in black. I really wanted the olive green one, but didn't think it would look so good in my black and blue gaming seat.

It sure does adds another element of immersion to the VR experience! I only wish that the vibration effects were stronger in AFS2. Even after cranking up the settings in the 'wings' software as well as the turning the knob all the way up to full, the effects aren't as strong as they are in DCS. In DCS I have to actually turn down the settings from max.

But yes, the Jetseat is great! It feels odd now if I fly a sim with it turned off, lol

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• It is never in stock. Does anyone know how long the wait typically is?

If you're referencing the Jetseat, it took about three weeks to arrive from the time I placed my order. It ships from Andre's shop in Russia also. Although I could be wrong, It appears that he only makes the custom units after an order is placed.

Side note: The software also has a 'massage' option, so when you're not using it in a sim or game, you can have a nice body massage with variable repetitions. I think that is a nice bonus feature.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• Official Post

meine fs2 dvd - version startet nicht in vr mod , alle spiele bei vive fuktionieren ,was mache ich falch.

Bitte in Zukunft einfach ein neues Thema eröffnen, sonst geht das hier unter.

Sehen sie auf ihrem Desktop zwei verschiedene Verknüpfungen zum Starten vom Aerofly? Vielleicht finden sie im Startmenü zwei verschiedene Verknüpfungen (Drücken sie die Windows-Taste auf der Tastatur und tippen sie "aerofly" ein, Windows wird dann verschiedene Optionen anbieten, eventuell sehen sie dort eine Vernüpfung um Aerofly FS 2 mit VR zu starten?

Wenn all dies nicht hilft gehen sie bitte auf ihren Desktop, duplizieren sie die Verknüpfung für den Aerofly FS 2, dann klicken sie mit der rechten Maustaste auf die zweite Verknüpfung und wählen sie im Kontextmenü "Eigenschaften" aus. Die Zeile "Ziel" sollte bereits markiert sein von Windows, drücken sie einmal die Pfeiltaste nach rechts, um die Eingabe am Ende des Textfeldes zu beginnen. Schreiben sie zunächst ein Leerzeichen, gefolgt von "-othervr". Das könnte dann so aussehen:

Code
    .......\aerofly_fs_2\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe -othervr

Schließen sie das Fenster mit "OK", bennen sie die neue Verknüpfung um in etwas sinnvolles (z.b. Aerofly FS 2 VR) und doppelklicken sie auf die neue Vernüpfung um Aerofly zu starten.

Aerofly sollte nun im VR Modus starten. Berichten sie doch bitte mal, ob dies funktioniert.

• Not sure how this system stacks up against the Yaw VR, but I have been working on one since last December.

I built a G-seat using a modified version of Spit40's design. He was very helpful with input on how he had things rigged up. Mine is quite a bit different because of the seat differences, but generally works the same. I was considering marketing these once I get all the bugs figured out. The problem is cost vs. price. Right now, with just the G-seat and vibration system on it, it rolls in at $800+ USD, plus hours of cutting welding, configuring, etc. I was thinking $1100-1200 selling price, but that price has turned a few off. As it is right now, it may not be viable as a marketable device.

I was thinking of adding pitch and roll to the system. It would probably not be a huge amount of movement, but would compliment the G-seat flap pressures. If it works out, the complete system would look like this.:

G-seat with surge and heave

Pitch and Roll

Harness tensioner

Vibration System (total of 2 amplifiers, 4 transducers, 80W total output).

Stand alone no need for any other motion platform

Simtools 2.X

Trying to make setup as easy as possible by doing pre-sets.

So with all these features, what do you guys think would be an acceptable price point? I want to provide something functional, low cost, but I still need to cover the assembly costs, and cost of the welding and plasma cutting systems.

I will post a video later today, just to show what has been done and how it works.

Andrew

• I don't see the point of a seat that pitches and rolls (? and yaws) unless you are in VR with your flight controllers on the exact same platform or have monitor/s also on the exact same platform and have no visible fixed references in sight. I was never in a cockpit which had a seat moving independently of all the other fittings.

How do you plan to simulate inverted flight? :)

• I was in Aarhus once in one of three 3x360 degree sim and it was fantastic. They used FSX and we made a kind of airrace around the skyscrapers. It was a great experience to fly inverted, knife edge and so on. I only wished they had not simplified the flight model. And I really missed the rudder pedals. But my Co Pilot from that company got sick after I tried a rolling circle. ;)

they closed the event location some years ago.

All in all: The real G experience you can only get in air. You can play with the force vector and even simulate small acceleration forces on ground. But you still have always something around 1 G in a simulator.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I'd need to see some sort of demo video before commenting on price but I'd definitely be interested.

• dont you need your VR sensors to be attached to the motion simulator so that when you bank/twist/whatever that your VR self stays in your seat facing the direction you intend to face?

If the sensors are on the wall and you turn your little motion gizmo well then the sensors think you turned even though you head is still "centered"

This gizmo wont work really well i would wager...

Some people have built motion sims where the sensors are attached to the motion rig and those work well it seems.