Helicopter inbound?

• Can’t believe all you helicopter enthusiasts have missed this! I saw it via the Orbx forums and apparently it also is talked about on the Steam and Avsim sites as well. All I can say is, great news if true, and shame on the IPACS forum for not noticing.

• Yes, there was news about it already but the article that aarneson linked to is worth the read! Didn't hear anything about that yet (how realistic it apparently is).

• Yes, there was news about it already but the article that aarneson linked to is worth the read! Didn't hear anything about that yet (how realistic it apparently is).

The link has been here for a week or so.

Ray

• The original Helisimmer interview with Torsten Hans was nearly two years ago. I can't believe it was so long ago but I've been eagerly awaiting this news ever since then. AFS2+helicopters=whole new level of fun :thumbup:Great news that the R22 is so far along.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• The link has been here for a week or so.

Ray

I guess I would say you need to spend a few minutes reading this forum about the new R-22.

Regards,

Ray

Sorry that I missed the original thread on this, my bad... But might I add that my thread will probably call as much if not more attention to the fact that a new aircraft is on the horizon than the obscure references buried in a now 3-screen thread started in early March. Ray, all I want to do is celebrate what IPACS is up to.

• Sorry that I missed the original thread on this, my bad... But might I add that my thread will probably call as much if not more attention to the fact that a new aircraft is on the horizon than the obscure references buried in a now 3-screen thread started in early March. Ray, all I want to do is celebrate what IPACS is up to.

I'm sure the R22 will be just the start, once they work out the physics of rotor flight for full size craft rather than RC size there will be much more to come. If the R22 has been 2+ years in development (probably more if you count all the work in ipacs other titles) I'm sure it won't be another 2 years until the R44, or whatever comes next. As you say, it's nice to celebrate what's happening and try to encourage the team.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals