Adding multiple .toc files

• Hi,

I am trying to help a freeware developer to convert one of his airports into AeroflyFS. I got some shapefiles from him and we got a Scenproc script working which creates .toc files. I can insert a couple of these .toc files into the airport .tsc file and they show up in AeroflyFS2.

So far so good.

Now, the ScenProc process yields 170 .toc files, named by geographical co-ordinates as per the ScenProc manual. I doubt I will insert 170 entries in the form

<[tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][element][0]

<[string8][filename][basename_....]>

<[bool][auto_height][true]>

>

into the .tsc file.

Is there any possibility to either (i) batch load all of the files in the airport directory fitting a certain naming using a joker, or (ii) concatenate them in a way to end up with one file only to be input into the .tsc file?

Thanks for any hint and kind regards,

Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Okay, I finally found the answer in the manual. Just in case someone else runs into the same question: You can control the size/number of autogen tiles via

SplitGrid|0.2;0.25|*

This is in degrees. A value of 1.0x1.0 reduces the numer of tiles in my case to just two.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Okay, I finally found the answer in the manual. Just in case someone else runs into the same question: You can control the size/number of autogen tiles via

SplitGrid|0.2;0.25|*

This is in degrees. A value of 1.0x1.0 reduces the numer of tiles in my case to just two.

Kind regards, Michael

SplitGrid is used to optimise processing, but the trick is to include this at the end of the scenproc before outputting

MergeGrid

• SplitGrid is used to optimise processing, but the trick is to include this at the end of the scenproc before outputting

MergeGrid

Thanks Phil, much acknowledged, this seems to be what I have been looking for initially. Will play with both of them later.

Kind regards, Michael

• SplitGrid is the step to divide your raw data coverage into reasonable tiles size. Originally it is meant to split into AGN size for FS, but for AF2 we better use degrees or fractions of degrees.

The drawback is, the smaller the tile size, the more TOC files you get as a result, and each is to be manually called in a corresponding TSC file.

You may add several TOCs to a same TSC, but keep in mind they'll be loaded in the sim according to the aircraft position relative to the AD coordinates and range defined in the TSC.

The best compromise I could set so far for covering a small country like Switzerland is by spitting in 1 degree x 1 degree tiles and setting as many TSC files (1 per TOC) with dummy ADs

When using SplitGrid, make sure not to cut buildings at tile borders...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

Edited once, last by Trespassers (April 19, 2018 at 6:49 PM).