Separate area for Mac?

• Would it be worthwhile having a distinct section of the forum for Mac users? A lot of the discussion here isn't relevant for me as I only have the Mac version.

Would make it a lot easier for me to find stuff.

I appreciate the Mac version is in its infancy, so there's probably not much at the moment, but I do think it would be useful moving forward.

• The Mac version is essentially the same version as the PC version therefore, to streamline support here on the forums, it's easier to just keep the forum together. We may change however change the header text to state ' PC and Mac versions'

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I thought you were referring to the forums in your post.

The Mac and PC versions are essentially the same however the DLC's released for each platform may vary.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I thought you were referring to the forums in your post.

The Mac and PC versions are essentially the same however the DLC's released for each platform may vary.

Both, really. The existing forum refers to add-ons that don't apply to Mac users, so I'm spending time reading through stuff only to find it's no good for me, hence the suggestion to have something separate.

• I would also favor a MAC section, because many software related issues do only affect the MAC version, e.g.:

- all the nice sceneries are not yet available,

- and if they were available, how will we buy them? - over the APP Store?

- fs Widgets has an issue with the MAC version

- etc.

• Official Post

We will try to bring the Mac version to the same level as the PC version, but Apple introduced some changes and limitations lately on a few things that requires us to rethink how we implement a few things internally and this is currently quite time consuming.

Due to limitations in the Mac App Store itself, each update that we come out with, would require a complete download of the whole package, which is clearly no solution as well. We hope this will change in the future.

• We will try to bring the Mac version to the same level as the PC version, but Apple introduced some changes and limitations lately on a few things that requires us to rethink how we implement a few things internally and this is currently quite time consuming.

Due to limitations in the Mac App Store itself, each update that we come out with, would require a complete download of the whole package, which is clearly no solution as well. We hope this will change in the future.

That's fine - things do change - but this is even more of a reason to have a different part of the forum for Mac users.

• Official Post

That's fine - things do change - but this is even more of a reason to have a different part of the forum for Mac users.

At this time we are keeping them together.

Regards,

Jeff

• At this time we are keeping them together.

Okay. Guess I'll just stay away from the forum for now, then. Seems a waste of my time going through every nice looking add-on only to find I can't use it. Especially now you've confirmed the Mac and PC versions aren't now the same thing, which was the reason given for having a single forum.

Gotta say, and I know you're only a 2 man team with a lot on your plate, but the support leaves a lot to be desired. To the point where I don't feel like I want to invest the time if the developers don't.

See you all some other time, perhaps.

Happy flying.

• Official Post

Okay. Guess I'll just stay away from the forum for now, then. Seems a waste of my time going through every nice looking add-on only to find I can't use it. Especially now you've confirmed the Mac and PC versions aren't now the same thing, which was the reason given for having a single forum.

Gotta say, and I know you're only a 2 man team with a lot on your plate, but the support leaves a lot to be desired. To the point where I don't feel like I want to invest the time if the developers don't.

See you all some other time, perhaps.

Happy flying.

As we stated many times before, both Mac and PC versions of Aerofly are virtually the same. You are referring to DLC here which we also stated that we are working towards having more DLC available to Mac users in the future. Also, we are not a 2 man team, we have 10 people working on various aspects of development.

As for support, we have been extremely responsive with support so I find this remark inaccurate and a bit upsetting. We answer every question posted on various forums ands also have a dedicated support section where you can email us directly with any problem that you have.

If you want to come onto our forum with this kind of attitude then it may be best for you to adhere to what you stated and leave for a bit then.

Regards,

Jeff

• As we stated many times before, both Mac and PC versions of Aerofly are virtually the same. You are referring to DLC here which we also stated that we are working towards having more DLC available to Mac users in the future. Also, we are not a 2 man team, we have 10 people working on various aspects of development.

As for support, we have been extremely responsive with support so I find this remark inaccurate and a bit upsetting. We answer every question posted on various forums ands also have a dedicated support section where you can email us directly with any problem that you have.

If you want to come onto our forum with this kind of attitude then it may be best for you to adhere to what you stated and leave for a bit then.

“This kind of attitude”?

If you look back over my previous posts, you’ll see I’ve been pretty supportive in the past. And patient. I’m a developer so I know things take time sometimes. However, it’s getting harder and harder to find anything Mac related here, which is a bit of an inconvenience, to say the least, hence my requests for a separate forum. To be honest, I can’t see what the issue is. However, I appreciate the status quo is always the easiest option and it’s much easier to leave things as they are.

One thing I have noticed (and I’m sure I’ll get shot down for this, too) is that, unless you’re being positive around here, you’re likely to get a finger in the eye. Well, unfortunately, life isn’t always like that and sometimes the paying customer might not be happy with everything. Me? I’ve paid my money for the Mac version, which hasn’t had a single update yet, nor the ability to get any DLC, paid or otherwise. As I’ve mentioned above, I’ve been patient and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to request a distinct Mac area for the forum. But apparently I’m wrong.

I guess that’ll be it for me. I was happy to wait and see how things develop, but looks like you don’t want anybody here who’s not showering you in praise every second of the day.

What a shame. You’ve got a beautiful sim (even with obvious bugs) but, honestly, your attitude stinks sometimes.

And I apologise for thinking you were a 2-man team. However, with 10, that raises a lot more questions, but I don’t really see any point in bringing them up now.

I suppose I’ll have to amend my glowing recommendation for you on my own flight sim site following this.

Farewell and good luck for the future.

Edited once, last by psionmark (June 10, 2018 at 6:49 PM).