Newcomer here... Updates, what to expect?

• Hello,

I'm new to FS2 and the community.

I've just purchased the sim mostly for playing around with the onboard systems of the A320, only to find out that power and propulsion systems are not (yet ?) available... :(

I've read that the devs keep rolling out items on their to-do lists, is such a list or roadmap available?

Will there still be significant updates coming ?

Honestly, I'm hesitant to keep FS 2 in its current state as I'm missing three elements (correct me if I've just overlooked something):

* power and propulsion subsystems on all aircraft to be able to simulate cold and dark startups, mid-air engine stops/restarts, systems affected by power outage etc.

* ground services (e.g. switch between ground and onboard power, re-fuelling, pushback, ground crew etc.)

* damage/failure injection, diagnostic operations or e.g. single-engine flying etc.

Honestly, the first point would be fair enough for me to keep it.
    Is it worth waiting for features to arrive, or am I better off refunding? :/

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks! :)

Best Regards

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf

• Aerofly FS 2 is still being developed. We will work through the addition of what you are looking for but it's going to take some time. Much of what you are seeking is on our 'to-do' list.

Improvements to the aircraft systems in particular are being worked on and will be released as they are completed in updates.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Aerofly FS 2 is still being developed. We will work through the addition of what you are looking for but it's going to take some time. Much of what you are seeking is on our 'to-do' list.

Improvements to the aircraft systems in particular are being worked on and will be released as they are completed in updates.

Thank you for the replies! I was hoping that none of the features I was asking about is considered excessive or out of scope.

My first impression was very good, it looks and runs better on my laptop than that dx9 game we won't name (I assume you might have dx12/vulkan plans later down the road) and the A320 cockpit looks very nice, with a working MCDU. Until the top panel buttons start to work, I'll study the glass cockpit.

So I think I'll put my faith in you guys, have my money for granted. :)

Cheers

Best Regards

Balazs

freetrack/opentrack

• It is great in VR if you have one. I have not tried any of the other flight sims. I downloaded a demo, (took a long time) then the demo wanted to update (more time)

made a few chooses then it wanted to download my chooses. If the demo is like the sim I do not want to spend have the day downloading to get up and running.

With AF 2 I'm up and running in minutes after I decide what plane, what time and where to fly and go to. I should change the wind and clouds but in time.

I hope you spend your flying time with AF 2

• Actually I'm not that VR person (yet). I've seen those virtual hands for the VR mode. I've used 3-points IR tracking with freetrack and a 32" TV so I can see the keyboard/mouse/hotas while also having freelook hands free. Now I'm working on a 6-axis inertial head tracker solution. Hopefully AF 2 has or will have headtracker support (anything that can be sorted out with opentrack ^^).

Best Regards

Balazs

freetrack/opentrack