Latest Update

• The latest update for AFS2 was on March 8, 2018. Will be all of us greeted with a new update soon, maybe the one with the new helicopter, even if it's not for free?.

Just asking to know what's hapening with the continuous development.

Cheers, Ed

• The next update will likely be the R22, however, there may be some scenery releases by us and Orbx before depending on timing.

// We are still plugging away at a few features, including ATC but due to the complexity of them we can't really predict a release date for them at this time.

We are fully aware of how long this stuff is taking and we are also frustrated because of this, but we also know that we are moving as fast as we can.

We have also been a bit silent here on the forums, not because we are abandoning this but because we are trying to focus more on our work. We are all very busy working on our own parts and workflow, and it's proving very difficult to focus on what's important and spending sometimes 15 hours a day dealing with the forums.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• We have also been a bit silent here on the forums, not because we are abandoning this but because we are trying to focus more on our work. We are all very busy working on our own parts and workflow, and it's proving very difficult to focus on what's important and spending sometimes 15 hours a day dealing with the forums.

Hi Jeff:

Thanks for your answer. This is understandable, time is always a limiting factor.

Probably it's time to consider having other and non-developers people work on the forums only, while developers are fully 100% dedicated on just that.

Thanks again, Ed

• "The next update will likely be the R22"

Excellent news, getting my hands on a heli in Aerofly makes me giddy with excitement 😋

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• I think we'd all prefer you spend that 15 hours a day on enhancements and not the forums. I'm sure the regular users will gladly help the newbies with any questions they may have.

One suggestion regarding regular updates - I noticed on the DCS forums that the developers would only post updates on Fridays and their community seemed to adjust to that. I don't think AF2 needs weekly updates but a monthly routine would be a great start (maybe the 2nd of every month = AF2).

The update doesn't always have to be a major announcement/release - just a short blog about how development/testing is going on one of the enhancements and maybe a screenshot or two of work-in-progress.

• If you look under the pinned threads of this forum you will see our IPACS news blog thread. I post in there when we have anything valuable to post regarding progress.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I post when there's something worth posting.

Otherwise I would be just saying 'nothing new, we are still hard at work'...

Well, for starters you could post something more about ATC. You'd think that by now you'd know what features you are working on. A preview has been promised in September 2017 and we still didn't see or hear anything about it. That would be new! We all know it isn't ready yet but a lot of us are curious what the ATC update will bring. Will it also bring AI? New flight planner? SIDs, STARs, approaches? Updates navigation systems? And so on. Throw us one bone a month at least. ;)

• This is going way too slow for me!! I have pretty much ignored this sim since I bought it and only check this forum every 2 weeks or so -- only to see status quo. I have no interest in VR. Zzzzzzz

Hi btscott,

Good things take time, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Give it some time :)

Cheers,

Paul

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift