Help Creating AeroScenery (aka Ortho4FS2)

• Very nice tool.

I don't know if was mentioned before, but sometimes water areas do not have imagery in Bing (and sometimes in Google either) and the resulting images are shown in white in those areas. One should have the possibility of editing those images applying alpha layers and saving them after editing, all before the geoconversion process takes place.

Cheers, Ed

Yep. Two points on that:

There's the option to select which tasks you want to run. If you want to clean up images manually just don't run the Geoconvert task the first time.

I'm working on something that detects when I get a placeholder image (or no image) for a water area, and then making that area transparent in the PNG I create.

This reduces the necessity for manual editing. (Manual editing would make the graduation of coastline smoother, but the automatically generated images will have transparency out of the box).

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• I'll take a look on the github and pull the latest version.

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf

• I have been reading and viewing images of Honolulu airport most of the morning. I think due to the present limitations of AFS2 we only need the most basic 3d structures for terminals and gates. Sure, they should reflect the true images of what is there but a lot of detail is not required as we can't use or move jetways.

We do have some detail in the existing airports in the DLC though.

The best source of exactly which type of jetway and where they are located may be google maps zoomed in.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dan…!4d-157.9250736

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Nick,

I was able to compile and run AeroScenery today. It is really a marvelous program with extreme speed in grabbing and stitching.

Congratulations!

Now I cant wait also to see the generation of the TFW / AID file, so conversion can start...

Cheers, Thomas

Edited once, last by TomSimMuc (June 5, 2018 at 7:46 PM).

• If you're stuck waiting on the AID function, try to use my AID script. If you have all the tiff and xml files in the same folder (with the corresponding names), it will auto-generate AID files for all images.

Best Regards

Balazs

freetrack/opentrack

• Hey guys. I'm still here! Thanks for your patience.

Sorry I haven't been able to finish this off completely yet, "real life" work forced me to put it on hold for a few weeks. I'm back on it this week though. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

I wont attempt another "it will be done by ___", because my work and business is hectic but I would say it's 85% complete, so I'm almost there.

• No problem at all mate. I think we're all kinda busy doing things.

Best Regards

Balazs

freetrack/opentrack

• Hello Nick,

First of all congrats for this wonderfull job. I did not read the full history of the app but maybe it could be a good idea to provide an up to date status and also a very high level of the different steps to follow in order to have your own sceneries in AFS2.

For example I don't know if the use of the GeoConvert tool will still be necessary, and if yes at what time and what is the global effort to do in order to get a final usable region.

I'm very interested in it since my country (Belgium) is not (yet) convered in AFS2. I plan to start end of this year a training to get a microlight license and I wanted to already get familiar with the places I will fligh around.

Thanks a lot and good luck for the future of your work.

V.

HP Spectre X360 15bl100xx

i7-8550U / 16 GB SDRAM DDR4-2400 / SSD PCIe NVMe M.2 512 GB

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB

Samsung LC32H711QEUXEN 32" Curved Monitor

TrackIR PRO

• I did not read the full history of the app but maybe it could be a good idea to provide an up to date status

Hi Vince,

Take a look at my other post in this forum. I've just started releasing the first few versions of the app for testing.

Currently having a problem getting GeoConvert to output anything but after that you should be able to easily create all scenery of Belgium that you need.

• Hi Vince,

Take a look at my other post in this forum. I've just started releasing the first few versions of the app for testing.

Currently having a problem getting GeoConvert to output anything but after that you should be able to easily create all scenery of Belgium that you need.

Fantastic ! I can't wait for this... :)

Best Regards,

Vincent

HP Spectre X360 15bl100xx

i7-8550U / 16 GB SDRAM DDR4-2400 / SSD PCIe NVMe M.2 512 GB

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB

Samsung LC32H711QEUXEN 32" Curved Monitor

TrackIR PRO

• Salut Nick,

... je suis fou de joie ! j'ai découvert hier ton projet en cours de réalisation, il semble répondre à l'attente de très nombreux "Simeurs" et moi à ... 100 %.

J'avais réalisé en 2001 les aéroports de Corse, avec des utilitaires géniaux qui sont passés à la trappe avec l'arrivés de FS2004 puis FS9, puis FSX. Il m'avait tout de même fallu faire de très nombreuses prises de vues des aéroports, gros travail.

Mais vraiment déçu par l'absence totale de retours, pars un seul "Merci" sur tout de même quelques 230 téléchargements. Dégoûté !

Alors, toute mon admiration pour ton projet, il représente une énorme attente de nous tous car se remettre à assimiler de nouveaux outils pour réaliser notre environnement de simulateur ... la pratique actuels avec nombreux utilitaires à enchaîner à la suite ... plus très envie de m'y mettre.

Je suis partant pour faire des tests si utile en phase de finalisation.

Je suis d'accord pour un bouton "DON" sur le site, il est important de participer et donc d'aider.

Je suis Ok pour que le soft soit payant, je prends.

Je souhaiterais vivement un lien de téléchargement où les réalisations pourraient être mises à disposition de tous.

J'ai le sentiment que ton logiciel va résoudre nombre de difficultés à la pratique d'élaboration de scènes de paysages.

Je suis fan de FS2 tout en ayant aussi FS9 et FSX ... mais Aerofly FS2 c'est autre chose ! et puis avec la participation d'ORBX ... du gâteau !

.. j'en "bave" ! vraiment impatient mais il faut le temps. De belles journées d'hiver à venir pour faire de magnifiques scènes.

Bravo pour l'idée "géniale".

Cordialement.

CPU Intel Core I7 6700 K @4.00 Ghz + BiQuiet Pure Rock - CM Asusteck MAXIMUS VIII RANGER - RAM GSkill Ripjaws4 DDR4 3000 16 GB - NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB - 2x SSD Samsung 500 GB 850 EVO - DD WD 2 TO.