conditional placing of objects possible?

• I know, this is kind of special. But since it is coming up with the new Aerobatic rules this year: The aerobatic box has some wind dependent components again. So I would like to show and hide some box markers dependent on the wind direction. Do I have any chance to do this?

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Yes, this is what I have expected. (By the way, pylons are air race. We have box markers. ;) )

Of cause there are many workarounds.

Is there any description about the time dependencies how you can implement it?

I guess I will go for the simple way: Setting the wind direction because of the box direction.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I dont think this wind dependancy is possible but maybe you could animate the pylons so that they change about once every few hours. Then you could change the time until the positions swap

Wind conditional animation will be mandatory for windsocks.

If there's one essential ground animation for operating an aerodrome, it's the windsock. If IPACS hasn't planned yet its integration I would suggest adding it to the list.

I guess a concept similar to SODE must be quite easy to implement and can be used in the future for all kind of conditional animations : flags, clocks, terminal jetways, marshallers, etc. (that's why SODE was created in the first place)

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• When we do windsocks they will be physically correctly simulated using the local wind speed. They probably won't just be animated, they will most likely have actual physics and proper movement, e.g. may also be affected by helicopter downwash or vortecies of AI aircraft, etc.

This sounds nice, although I must say the windsock in my homebase is located in the vicinity of the heli dropzone and I've never noticed it being that much influenced by helicopter movements - I never took care of this point though - and definitely not by airplanes.

Windsocks are however much influenced by ground obstacles - for instance there are 2 windsocks in my homebase and both usually show different wind directions due to trees and buildings. As long as AFS2 wind is not influenced by ground and obstacles, the "live simulated" windsock doesn't bring much compared to the animated windsock IMO.

But that's nice if a windsock is on its way...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I would agree to Trespassers opinion. This is a bit over engineering, I guess.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4: