Advice needed. Q400: displaying the localizer deflection on the pilot's MFD

• Fatigue is not an issue in the way I utilize the controller (right hand), because when I'm flying I rest that hand on my lap (like real life)

I think the fatique mainly comes into play when you want to use both VR hands for the yoke: in that case you have to keep them in the air all the time. In your case this isn't a problem indeed.

Works great for accessing the menu, switching views, pause, etc. as well as operating various systems in the cockpit (autopilot, gear, flaps, lights, etc).

I sort of understand the idea of using Voice Attack and the ease of it but I find it a but odd at the same time: the idea behind VR and VR hands is to make things more realistic. It should bring things closer to a real life flying experience. But in real life you don't use your voice to operate the AP, gear, flaps, etc... Of course you could consider the use of voice as a simulation of commands to a co-pilot... ;)

• Official Post

Keep in mind that you don't have to keep your hands floating in the air to fly, you can also rest your hands while still controlling the yoke with the analog stick/pad. Prior to release we tested this feature extensively and yes after 40-45 minutes of flying with both hands on the yoke you do start to get a little tired, but when you add in the analog stick/pad use, added with enabled AP (which most pilots use if available anyway) the overall experience is quite realistic.

Aside from testing, I have found myself using only the VR Hands all of the time and enjoying it very much. I never really liked cluttering up my desk with controllers going back to the early days. To me, less is more...

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I sort of understand the idea of using Voice Attack and the ease of it but I find it a but odd at the same time: the idea behind VR and VR hands is to make things more realistic. It should bring things closer to a real life flying experience. But in real life you don't use your voice to operate the AP, gear, flaps, etc... Of course you could consider the use of voice as a simulation of commands to a co-pilot... ;)

...YET. But don't rule out the possibility of that feature in the future. ;)

When I'm flying something fast (like the Lear45) in VR, VA is an incredible asset! It really does feel like I have a co-pilot with me to ease my workload. My control of the jet is much more precise and there's something magical when I say "positive rate" and he responds "gear up" then raises the gear! :)

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited 2 times, last by Redtail (May 7, 2018 at 7:36 PM).