• It has been a rough day today. I was standing on the Gulfstream ramp in Savannah and watched a C-130 take off, attempt to depart, and crash with loss of all 9 lives. In the 35 years that I have worked in the aviation industry, this is the 5th major incident with loss of life that I have witnessed and/or been involved with. It never gets any easier, each is just as tough as the last. It really drives home just how unforgiving of mistakes this industry is, and how precious life is. My prayers go out to those left behind after this sad day...

• Indeed Herve - happened to me 2 times too :-/

The first one was in 1982 when the first of the only two fatal glider accidents ever occurred in Portugal took place at Serra da Estrela, when a friend from Germany who was flying in Portugal for the season crashed in the club Cobra 15 against the summit when the glider entered a spin...

Then when I as at Portuguese Air Force, I also witnessed a T-37 crash during a training session of the Portuguese Air Force exhibition team, killing it's pilot when one of the wings detached from the aircraft after he pulled at the end of a low pass...

On both occasions it had quite an impact in me... I believe I love everything about aviation, less all being military / combat.

Hope you can recover fast from that bad experience.

All of the Best from here...

Limited by Main Thread...

• I couldn't bring myself to click a 'thumbs-up' on a post like this, so I'll just say: I'm so sorry for the pilot, crew, passengers, and their friends and families; and also that you had to witness such a tragic and emotionally devastating event. Fortunately I've never been witness to something like this, but my heart goes out to you all who have.

• Very sorry to hear about this, as you say sometimes it's a fine line between life and death, luck and misfortune.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• >Are there any news about possible causes of the accident?

Yes there are some prevailing theories, but I'm not going to discuss them on a public forum until they complete their investigation. Commenting on specific details with things like this tend to sway investigations and/or make them more difficult, so we'll wait until it's done, then discuss specifics. So, I'll just leave it at ta request that those who are so inclined, such as myself, would lift a prayer for those left behind who must continue on, dealing with the losses of loved ones involved.