Lukla in Aerofly FS2 - Preview

• As I understand it, they might do this for the P3D version, but the AFS2 version is still probably released first. Coverage should be the same, but of course you can't disable anything.

Correct. Sorry I didn't make this more clear. Some people prefer a vector based scenery over a rather low resolution 10m/pix satellite imagery.

That is for FSX/P3D.

There's no point to deactivate anything in Aerofly FS2 because the satellite imagery is so much better than the default scenery. And there are no vector based sceneries for Aerofly FS2 possible. In fact I like flying the low resolution areas pretty much because most of them have such dense forests (60+ million trees... :)) that you barely notice the low resolution.

And yes, we are still planning to bring out the Aerofly FS2 version first!

Two random shows I just took in preparation for the first beta:

LimeSim Developer

Antarctica X, Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg, FTX British Isles, FTX Germany, VFR Germany, German Airfields, Helgoland, LuklaX, US Cities X, Dutch Airports

• Hi Sasa, thank you very much for the very attractive work! I wonder if you could offer higher resolution imagery than 10m? Or maybe 2 versions? I'd be willing to pay more for higher resolution, and I don't mind the size of download.

• Hi Sasa, thank you very much for the very attractive work! I wonder if you could offer higher resolution imagery than 10m? Or maybe 2 versions? I'd be willing to pay more for higher resolution, and I don't mind the size of download.

I wish. There's simply nothing adequate for the region. Imagery providers that provide Google Earth with imagery have price tags for licensed usage of their imagery... You'd have to choose if you prefer to buy a shiny new car or the Lukla scenery if we'd be willing to license it for that. No one would buy Lukla, it would simply be incredibly expensive.

Not to mention that even the imagery used in Google Earth isn't of very good quality. There are lots of seams, cloud layers, fog, misaligned ridges... We removed most of that in our imagery manually.

Anyways: You should see the 10m/pix area shown on the map is a bonus area beyond the already very big core area. I could state in the feature list that forest areas have been upsampled to 2.5m/pix area everywhere but I feel that would be misleading.

LimeSim Developer

Antarctica X, Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg, FTX British Isles, FTX Germany, VFR Germany, German Airfields, Helgoland, LuklaX, US Cities X, Dutch Airports

Edited once, last by Sasa (February 11, 2019 at 3:30 PM).

• I see. Thank you for the effort!

I wish. There's simply nothing adequate for the region. Imagery providers that provide Google Earth with imagery have price tags for licensed usage of their imagery that you'd have to choose if you prefer to buy a nice shiny new or a Lukla scenery if we'd be willing to license it for that. No one would buy Lukla, it would simply be incredibly expensive.

Not to mention that even the imagery used in Google Earth isn't of very good quality. There are lots of seams, cloud layers, fog, misaligned ridges... We removed most of that in our imagery manually.

Anyways: You should see the 10m/pix area shown on the map is a bonus area beyond the already very big core area. I could state in the feature list that forest areas have been upsampled to 2.5m/pix area everywhere but I feel that would be misleading.

• Stunning - just stunning! We are waiting with baited breath and primed creditcards!!!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Have you an aproximat idea of the time you need for the released ?

The sooner the better. Originally I wanted to have this released in April (2018....). With a complex project like this one I'm done making reliable estimates. :)

LimeSim Developer

• Doesn't look like Lukla but we will throw in this simple airport rendition as a free bonus!

The Chinese will start building Tingri Airport north of Mount Everest later this year. Some fascinating info about this airport:

• Construction is planned to commence this year, end of construction planned for 2020.
    • It's just about 65 kilometers north of Mount Everest (Chinese/Tibetan Mount Everest base camp is accessible by road from there).
    • At a whopping altitude of 4320 meters, which will probably put it at the top 3 of world's highest airports. Great for bringing larger jets to their limits - you will need quite a bit of that long runway for takeoff.
    • It will be the first and only airport in the area supporting larger jets - great for heavy iron sightseeing flights to Mt Everest! Most aircraft capable to land in Lukla will not be able to get up to that altitude!
    • Runway of 4500 x 45 meters with parallel taxiway.
    • Note that the exact location, layout and technical details of the airport are approximate until construction is finished.

Airport at bottom with Mount Everest to the upper left

Airport to bottom right in a moon landscape like valley

Apron area

LimeSim Developer