Lukla in Aerofly FS2 - Preview

• So what available planes seem to work well with these airports?

You can try the freeware STOL Dornier DO27 at the short, high elevation airports. A tweak of the TMD file should assure plenty of altitude and power.

• Well it work on steam version and it look beautiful, like others have stated (if I get it) some files, or maybe all did install on my almost full C drive and not where my FS2 is installed (F drive 3TB). I was watching my C drive loosing precious space so make sure you have enough space on your C drive.

I had a lot of fun with ORBX P3D south England but it's time to uninstall this one for now :P

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• jetjockey10, can gou share what needs to be modified in the Dornier DO 27 tmd file to increase power? Thanks Ray :)

Rather give me more power to the R22. Put the A350B3 in the R22 hull ;)

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Jan. Never. I am not spending 8GB of my One drive for the sake of a wrong configured installer. No program, addon ever has to go in my Documents. Thats bad habit of devs to store program code there.

My Documents of for documents and not for program code. My Documents is synced. I am responsible for 90'000 employees. Hell no, i do not want anyone to store program code in my documents. Imagine what I would need to purchase for storage if this happens ...

Fix the installer to choose the appropriate path outside of My Documents

+1.

My c: drive is a small SSD for the windows installation and transitory downloads.

It's pretty stupid to fix installation to the c: drive IMO.

The first thing I did was move Lukla to the drive where I have Aerofly installed.

• +1.

My c: drive is a small SSD for the windows installation and transitory downloads.

It's pretty stupid to fix installation to the c: drive IMO.

The first thing I did was move Lukla to the drive where I have Aerofly installed.

completely agree. I was forced to move files in order to do the installation, then move this installation, and hand over the files. Not very simple

• This is so cool! :D

One Aircraft that I can really recommend for all the airfields, is the Bücker Jungmeister. It has good STOL-capabilities and the engine is strong enough. The Extra and the Pitts are also no problem in Lukla, though quite a challenge in Syangboche (but it works!)

Q400 also works in Lukla, but only just... On my first take-off with normal flap setting I stalled and burned to death, but on second try with almost full flaps I was able to takeoff and also to land (on first try, without dying! ^^), approach speed 120 knots, touchdown at the threshold, immediate reverse thrust and max. braking.

The experience in VR really makes this a 10/10. Amazing!:thumbup::thumbup:

Regards,

Martin

• The Aermacchi mb-339 is great for sightseeing in vr (take the backseat). You can start in the air near the everest.

I was able to land it in Lukla.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Question, for clarification, the Yeti Mountain Home Helipad, was it omited on purpose or is it missing by bug?

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Question, for clarification, the Yeti Mountain Home Helipad, was it omited on purpose or is it missing by bug?

That should be Phakding.

It is crazy how many landing pads there are in the region. Most of them obviously for emergency reasons only and I'm not even sure if they are visible all the time and not overgrown or used for other purposes sometimes. The more regularly visited by tours are the one in Namche Bazaar, Everest View Hotel and Everest Lookout.

LimeSim Developer

Antarctica X, Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg, FTX British Isles, FTX Germany, VFR Germany, German Airfields, Helgoland, LuklaX, US Cities X, Dutch Airports

• What a spectacular scenery this is!!! Sets a new bar for not only Aerofly but also the competing platforms! Resolution, detail and complexity are all second to none, and the frame rates in VR remains smooth as butter. The R22 can hover in ground effect around Lukla and just bout every rooftop in the airport precinct has now been structurally “tested” by yours truly. Huge fun and crossing fingers a heli capable of proceeding up towards Everest Basecamp will eventually become available or Aerofly. In the meantime, there are a number of fixed wing aircraft that can open up the higher regions for exploration. Both the F18 and F15 can successfully take-off and land at Lukla, along with all the piston powered aircraft in the fleet. Tried out the freeware Dornier and it’s proven itself to be an excellent platform to do shuttle traffic between Lukla and the dirt strip at Syangbosche.

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column