Aerofly RC 7 developers please read...

• Please read at least the last few postings in this thread: RF8 VR not exploiting hardware

I'm not trying to get a competition going between RealFlight and IPACS. As a happy Aerofly FS2 user I am begging you to port you VR coding over to Aerofly RC so that the RC world can have a decent VR RC simulator. I've used both Aerofly RC and RealFlight for years. I've always preferred Aerofly RC, but purchased RealFlight 8 because it has "VR". As you will see from reading the post, the RF8 solution is entirely unsatisfactory. I'm sure that IPACS will do a better job of implementing VR in an RC simulator, and perhaps reading the linked to thread will provide incentive.

Thanks! :)

• if you want to be on the plane, you have to fly real planes and not RC planes.

Piloting an Rc plane is done on sight

• Official Post

@RoyPettit: Making Aerofly RC VR compatible is something we are already planning. The major issue is however, the Aerofly RC with its current GUI is not really suitable for VR, basically any desktop based menu stuff is not very user friendly. So we are still experimenting and trying to decide whats the best way to make our RC Simulators VR compatible.

• if you want to be on the plane, you have to fly real planes and not RC planes.

Piloting an Rc plane is done on sight

Wrong :P I fly half of my RC stuff including my drones in FPV (FIrst Person View) mode

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• if you want to be on the plane, you have to fly real planes and not RC planes. Piloting an Rc plane is done on sight

It's not a matter of FPV (I never use it in RC sims as I am not a FPV drone pilot). Being able to look around and follow your plane like at the field is extremely useful in practicing with a sim. But even more important is the the depth perception you get from using a binocular image projector. This is huge compared to flying 2D on a monitor.

• It's not a matter of FPV (I never use it in RC sims as I am not a FPV drone pilot). Being able to look around and follow your plane like at the field is extremely useful in practicing with a sim. But even more important is the the depth perception you get from using a binocular image projector. This is huge compared to flying 2D on a monitor.

Okay, I did not understand..

As you had certainly understood, i am a fervent defender of on sight piloting without artifice like gyroscopes includes in the drones for example.

• Hello, I congratulate you on the RC 7 version, I use the aerofly professional deluxe and I recently bought the RC 7 standar for steam since I could use it with any USB control I like it and I improve quite a lot with multiplayer to one that I do not see the other planes.

Another thing I can not take my models of deluxe to this version which is a bit sad then go back to buy me a simulator so expensive to use something that I already buy I do not see the logic!

Antonio

USA,TX