Geoconvert loop

• Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere already but I made an interesting observation last night when compiling a 200x200km are at levels 9,11,12 and 13.

At some point in the middle of the night geoconvert finished the job after finishing the last level 13 tile, went into a loop and started all over again with level 9. Hours later it's now overwriting all previous level 13 tile files again step by step. Impossible for me to say what exactly happened right then but maybe someone else observes a similar issue at some point.

• I have noticed this also. I am expecting the processing to complete and all of a sudden it starts over but the completed file count does not change. duh. Thanks for posting,, Sasa, maybe IPACS will notice and provide an update to fix it.

Regards,

Ray

• Good too see I'm not alone there. :)

I had to split the area into 25 tiles (5x5) without any LZW compression applied to have Geoconvert handle it without a crash after a few minutes. Question is how to split it into smaller conversion chunks without having overlapping masks along the borders?

It may work if we'd know (or would have the code to calculate) the Lat/Lon border lines for each particular level so we can split it right there?

Bests,

Sascha

LimeSim Developer

Antarctica X, Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg, FTX British Isles, FTX Germany, VFR Germany, German Airfields, Helgoland, LuklaX, US Cities X, Dutch Airports

• nickhod has been quite silent recently about aeroscenery.

Cheers, Ed

Hi!

Still working away on it and almost finished. "Real life" software work got in the way this week unfortunately.

As soon as I have a version ready to test I'll post it here,

Aeroscenery always works on one level 9 size tile at a time so this probably wont be an issue. (But obviously you can select which levels you want to run Geoconvert on). So if you have 4 tiles selected, Geoconvert will be run 4 times.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

Edited once, last by nickhod (May 11, 2018 at 11:51 PM).