Some news about Orbx TrueEarth Nedherlands

• As this appears to be fairly general, I'll pop a question in here if it's ok.

I have absolutely no idea on computers, computing code (hell that's like looking into a can of spaggeti to me). So to my question...

Why, as everyone is saying, that the end of FSX is close. What is the reason? could it still be played?

I would appreciate any reply on this as I would like to expand my limited knowledge.

Thanks and regards to all, really pleased about the addition to our sim.

Jim/Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Official Post

Why, as everyone is saying, that the end of FSX is close. What is the reason? could it still be played?

FSX was released a long time ago and a lot has changed in computer hardware since then. And FSX is not being updated anymore, so the natural way for users is to look for new and more future-proof platforms to invest their money in. And since a lot of users already switched to the new sims there are just not that many users left that are willing to spend money on FSX. They however might for the new platforms, so add-on developers seem to develop content for the newer platforms now. It's just a shift from an old product without a successful successor towards new flight simulators or flight simulators that are still actively in development which have better performance and offer the latest content.

Regards,

Jan

• Why, as everyone is saying, that the end of FSX is close. What is the reason? could it still be played?

In addition to what Jan said: another reason is that with the progress of the newer sims it is getting harder and harder to make new addons compatible with old platforms. In fact, TrueEarth is one of the first products that has been made for P3D (and will be made for Aerofly FS 2) which will NOT be made compatible with FSX because it simply is too old: FSX is 32 bit and TrueEarth needs a 64 bit platform because of the memory management. TrueEarth has too much detail to fit into the small 4 GB limit of 32 bit sims. 64 bit sims don't have that limit. Orbx did give it a try but John Venema said yesterday that they put that project on hold for now: they are now focusing on making TrueEarth for Aerofly (and XP). (John said they put it on hold but I doubt if they will ever look at it again.)

• ORBX is Australian, why not release Australia first?

Apart from Orbx being more or less British now: they won't make a TrueEarth version of Australia because there is no good source material for it. (Or is costs too much.) So don't count on Australia coming to Aerofly FS 2.

• You are correct :)

Well, Orbx started out Australian, but they are British subjects now. 🤪

Regards,

Ray

But, I noticed their mailing address is

PO Box 312

Toowong, Queensland 4066

Australia

In the May Sale email.

Regards,

Ray

• As far as I understand, their business/financial HQ is still in Australia, alas why the prices for scenery are in AUD. CEO John V however moved to the UK a while back, but some developers are still in Australia. As an Australian, I appreciate not having to convert currencies everytime I go to buy. :) Also as a Brisbane-ite I'll have to hunt down their HQ and give them my credit card so I can get the whole world in True Earth for AFS2.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• As far as I understand, their business/financial HQ is still in Australia, alas why the prices for scenery are in AUD. CEO John V however moved to the UK a while back, but some developers are still in Australia. As an Australian, I appreciate not having to convert currencies everytime I go to buy. :) Also as a Brisbane-ite I'll have to hunt down their HQ and give them my credit card so I can get the whole world in True Earth for AFS2.

Be prepared to buy your own server to store it! :)

• Apart from Orbx being more or less British now: they won't make a TrueEarth version of Australia because there is no good source material for it. (Or is costs too much.) So don't count on Australia coming to Aerofly FS 2.

Let's hope you are wrong :P

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Let's hope you are wrong :P

Well, I'm not, sorry. A few Orbx employees posted this already on the Orbx forum: there won't be a TrueEarth Australia. Someone suggested to just give Tasmania the TrueEarth treatment but even that's not going to happen. Venema replied with "Unavailable imagery in Tassie".

• He mentioned the future cloud service of scenery. That would save us a lot of disk space, and make the high resolution coverage of the whole world possible. That would not make the current developer's work obsolete. It's just a matter of transferring. A snap of fingers.

• Well, I'm not, sorry. A few Orbx employees posted this already on the Orbx forum: there won't be a TrueEarth Australia. Someone suggested to just give Tasmania the TrueEarth treatment but even that's not going to happen. Venema replied with "Unavailable imagery in Tassie".

Oh well, if thats the price I pay for living here, so be it :)

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• He mentioned the future cloud service of scenery. That would save us a lot of disk space, and make the high resolution coverage of the whole world possible. That would not make the current developer's work obsolete. ...

There is no way to make the high resolution coverage without good imagery. With cloud or without it. Also, the cloud services will stop in case of financial problems for Orbx. There is also a need to have a fast and broad Internet and this is not a factor for 90% of our planet.

• Regards,

I think the award for exceptional development speed goes to Spit40’s FS Cloudbased Airport generator. We now are a needle width away from a full one thousand airports available for takeoffs and landing in AFS2 worldwide.

Ray

I suppose that all those airports (almost one thousand, including those made by Ipacs), were built by the users of this forum. How can we access them?

On http://www.fscloudport.com/ there are already many airports for Aerofly FS 2 from around the world. Some are pretty detailed and I think its worth a look👍🏻

How can I have a look?

Kind regards : Delfin

• I suppose that all those airports (almost one thousand, including those made by Ipacs), were built by the users of this forum. How can we access them?

How can I have a look?

Kind regards : Delfin

Two fully complete user built airports contributed by larrylynx are the best. These are located in the UK, but, need the surrounding area user developed using the free FSET program for full enjoyment. They can be downloaded from our special Higgy site - https://flight-sim.org/

Of the nearly 1,000 airports available from http://www.fscloudport.com maybe 20 or more approach the excellent level but lack many of the custom items in the larrylynx airports. These also need the surrounding areas developed using FSET for full enjoyment. The good news is that any airport built using fsCloudPort can be used for takeoffs and landings in AFS2. None of these airports have improved taxiways or ramps but can still be used as is. Further improvements, like runway numbers, taxiways, etc will come in time.

Many airports with crossing runways or close parallel runways received special attention and already have runway numbers. This was a unique gift from the fsCloudPort developer - Spit40.

You can probably find an airport or two near any developed region on Earth using the free fsCloudPort download. If not, you can build your own - easy peasy and totally free - not from IPACS, the developer, but developed and donated to the community by dedicated users.

You can also find user developed hd mesh or elevation files for areas that do not have them (most areas not yet visited by IPACS), like Norway, some island chains, Mississippi, Italy, etc.

Adding autogen is not possible, but something much better - cultivation - can be used to add buildings, houses, trees, lights, etc. with a few more clicks of the mouse, also using user developed programs and tutorials.

Of course, you must have Aerofly FS2 installed and download the SDK and install the support programs. All have free tutorials and instructions found at the remote wiki site. Find the wiki link at https://www.aerofly.com along with a lot of other info.

Paris and Oahu Hawaii are just two areas currently receiving special attention for scenery development by the user community. Oahu is moving slower while we wait for IPACS to fix some problems using the excellent and free USGS scenery. Both of these areas will have custom iconic buildings and airport terminals when completed. These will be totally free and available for user download.

I personally like Ed’s airports in Venezuela; and the fully developed Martinique Island with excellent custom scenery and mesh upgrades by another user. Oslo and Bergen Norway also have excellent upgraded scenery, mesh, and airports. You will need to search the forum and ask, if necessary, to get links for these downloads. Rodeo has a pocket of nice airport upgrades in Washington state in the PNW.

The bottom line is that with a little effort you can have hd scenery at a level that is far superior to anything I ever saw using previous flight sims. The hd scenery, cultivation, improved mesh, and near instant airports, all combine to make flying in your backyard or neighborhood a fun and enjoyable experience.

IPACS is on the verge of releasing a DLC for The Florida Keys that includes the Miami area with a handful of fully upgraded airports including a grass runway in the Keys along with the Key Biscayne skyline and the busy Miami Intl Airports.

I encourage you to get involved in this rewarding flight sim community.

Regards,

Ray

• Plus I would think they will be focused on where the users are. The US and Europe are bigger markets.

Yes.. And Belgium is a beautifull country + Brussels as the capital of Europe ! So please BeNeLux first ! :P

HP Spectre X360 15bl100xx

i7-8550U / 16 GB SDRAM DDR4-2400 / SSD PCIe NVMe M.2 512 GB

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB

Samsung LC32H711QEUXEN 32" Curved Monitor

TrackIR PRO

• Two fully complete user built airports contributed by larrylynx are the best. These are located in the UK, but, need the surrounding area user developed using the free FSET program for full enjoyment. They can be downloaded from the Higgy site. Search for this link on this forum, I don’t have it handy to post. Maybe another user will provide some links for you..

Regards,

Ray

Of course :)

https://flight-sim.org/

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange