Strange messages appears during AFS2 start-up sequence - SOLVED

• Hi:

I haven't touched anything on my AFS2 setup, but lately I'm seeing messages to the mid-right of the screen telling how to record, take screenshots, broadcast your game, etc., and the mouse is lagging a bit inside the game.

Does anyone knows how to get rid of those messages?. I suspect Steam is getting over AFS2 when I'm playing it, so if this is the case, how to avoid that and play "outside" Steam?.

Thanks for helping.

Cheers, Ed

• I only fly FS 2 in VR, but I haven't seen that.

The Win 10 update DID screw up one of my other simulators though. And I have a friend whose computer is in an infinite reboot cycle since the update. Even his local computer shop can't figure out what is going on, but it seems unlikely that it is a coincidence. I guess it could be.

• Not sure if this will fix your issue, but what I've done is this:

Open steam>go to your library>right click Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator and create desktop shortcut.

I start from the desktop shortcut and have no steam issues.

Cheers

• Sounds more like the Nvidia shadowplay messages to me.....

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I only fly FS 2 in VR, but I haven't seen that.

The Win 10 update DID screw up one of my other simulators though. And I have a friend whose computer is in an infinite reboot cycle since the update. Even his local computer shop can't figure out what is going on, but it seems unlikely that it is a coincidence. I guess it could be.

That's a true possibility. I have two AFS2 setups, one in W10 and the other one (which I use for VR) is on W7 and no issues with this one.

Cheers. Ed

• Is this what you are seeing?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Well, I never install the Nvidia GeForce experience, so I don't have that switch. So I guess I should install it, then switch Share to OFF, and then what? uninstall GeForce Experience to avoid the issue to come on again?.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Ed

• You can simply install the drivers if you don't want GFexperiance. Download manually and then check install options, probably.

Devons rig

• You can simply install the drivers if you don't want GFexperiance. Download manually and then check install options, probably.

Yes, I always update the drivers without using GFE (simply don't like it, it's too slow to me). I've just reinstalled the same driver and allowed GFE to be installed this time, then after switched SHARE to OFF as you suggested. Tested AFS2 again, and those strange messages still around during the start-up. Will reboot and test again. Any additional step you suggest?.

Thanks, Ed

• Hmmmmm..... if its a Steam problem after all, then try this:

In your Steam client, click "Steam," followed by "Settings." Navigate to the In-Game tab and uncheck "Enable Steam Community In-Game." Click "OK" to save your changes.

Devons rig

• Hmmmmm..... if its a Steam problem after all, then try this:

In your Steam client, click "Steam," followed by "Settings." Navigate to the In-Game tab and uncheck "Enable Steam Community In-Game." Click "OK" to save your changes.

I think that was it!. Now everything is back to normal. I suppose it was caused by a recent Steam update that changed my settings, but what's strange is that off my two setups only one was affected (on my laptop).

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Cheers, Ed