Scenery pop up, again.

• Sorry for the new thread, but looking through the others, I could not find a concise answer. It was talked about at length, but I am not sure if anything was resolved, or if I just missed it.

I have not had a chance recently to do scenery, but I did a total of an area about 100nmx100nm. I did it in segments. When flying some segments stay at the low default resolution until I am just about on top of them, then they pop in with the custom scenery I made. It is kind of annoying, and reduces the realism factor. It is very noticeable as the default scenery is much more brown, and then goes to bright green.

I have not seen this in any of the IPACS made scenery, so I figure it is something I did wrong. I recall others seeing it as well.

Was there ever a consensus as to the cause and a fix?

• I have done all of the US and western Europe, and I have never found a solution. The best I can do is to make each area as large as a I can stand, with a decent overlap of .1 degree. That seems to create larger areas between the "popping" for me, but it does not cure it.

Also, and this is just "impressionistic" and not an analytical finding, the phenomenon seems to get worse the longer I fly in any session.

Finally, if you are using the GeoConvert Helper Ipacs won't even comment on the issue. They consider that to be a situation outside of their responsibility.

• I have done all of the US and western Europe, and I have never found a solution. The best I can do is to make each area as large as a I can stand, with a decent overlap of .1 degree. That seems to create larger areas between the "popping" for me, but it does not cure it.

Also, and this is just "impressionistic" and not an analytical finding, the phenomenon seems to get worse the longer I fly in any session.

Finally, if you are using the GeoConvert Helper Ipacs won't even comment on the issue. They consider that to be a situation outside of their responsibility.

Hmm.... Interesting. Well, maybe I can do the area as one whole thing again. The only issue is that it will take several days to do. Oh well, I can start it some evening, and let it run.

Thanks for the info!

• there are many potential causes for scenery popup, the first being for not geoconverting all the said levels.

If you did geoconvert all recommended levels, the next question is : is the poping up phenomenon systematical ? Or if you come back to a place where you just had popup is doesn't occur anymore ?

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• there are many potential causes for scenery popup, the first being for not geoconverting all the said levels.

If you did geoconvert all recommended levels, the next question is : is the poping up phenomenon systematical ? Or if you come back to a place where you just had popup is doesn't occur anymore ?

Cheers

Antoine

Yes, as I recall from a while ago, I tried without level 10 I think it was, then did all levels. Same result. As for symmetrical, I can't say for sure. I don't think so, but I would have to test and see. Once it is loaded, I think it stays.

Andrew