Lets show our home Cockpits

• Well...

This is something I built six or seven years ago now. I was still using FS2004 then, and changed to FSX shortly thereafter. The cockpit was a replica of the Chipmunk, the first aircraft I ever flew in, back in my teens in the Air Cadets in England. The project was a lot of fun, but was dismantled a few years later when I moved house, so I am glad I did this YouTube video to document it.

The building of a Chipmunk Home Cockpit

I just hope that IPACS implements support for the numerous addons needed to pull this kind of thing off for AFS2 in the future.... Or even AFS3, or AFS4 further down the line!

- Kenneth

• :)

• This is thekind of vision I have for my Extra Cockpit. But well.. Not stared.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• In the age of VR helmets that let you fly in the cockpit of any plane, will static home cockpits even be a "thing" very much longer?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Only if you want to have 100% the same switch / instruments ..and you fly it in real,

so your hands can make the same learning ways, and you have a training effect ,because every hardware is there, like in real in the air later.

And the second thing is the fun on making things like this.

But i was 1 year ago with the same question here, and i decide to make a simseat for every plane/heli/car and so on, with VR.

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• My flight seat. ^

For me (with VR) positioning of the stick, throttle, pedals and to some extent the headrest were the primary concerns. I reach out and the stick/throttles are where they should be, head against the headrest, let the magic of VR take care of the rest.

Unless you are going to be solely focused on a single aircraft type, in VR you don't need a full surround cockpit. You need a setup which allows your butt, stick, throttle and pedals to be in the exact same spot every time you sit down.

I have another sim rig for driving.

Both my VR rigs have tactile sound transducers (ie buttkicker) which adds a whole other dimension to an already incredible experience

Edited 2 times, last by Mr. Bean (May 28, 2018 at 5:18 PM).

• Hi guys/gals, with Air-Manager type of software, you can basically build any aircraft(fixed wing) or rotary wing(helicopter). We don't need to be using "IPACS" gauges/flight instruments for your panels like in the old days when we were dependent on the sim's gauges on seperate graphics card. Air-Manager runs on a second Networkable(LAN/WiFi) computer and you conect that to your server in this case the sim is AFS-2.

I highly recomend using a Networkable computer to display instruments , because this frees up resourses to use on the sim instead.

But the problem right now is limited support for us 0,5% users... :(

IPACS , please please reconsider, this decision? Just continue with making the sim for now, but please revistit it later ?

I have bought everything you and your parners(ORBX) have made till now,(except Aerosoft Helgoland, but Lukla I will probably buy)

We are a minority perhaps, but this might make other hardcore simmers take interest in this sim, and this sim needs every simmer it can find in the community.

I will continue to enjoy the sim, but my dreams of the possible next gen sim for a cockpit project is now shattered! :(

I don't want this thread locked, so I will not nag anymore, but please do reconsider to make avaliable the inputs/outputs for comands of this sim, later on..

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

• I think VR killed the need for exporting gauges...

I would differ on that...alot of pit builders are still in the sim market...i think more than vr...i play both and cant help but to go back to the pit being what vr just doesnt have at this stage...mostly the clarity...

Looking on the xplane forums shows me there more pit guys that vr...and alot that are reverting back to thier sim pits because the novalty has worn off

Now dont get me wrong, when vr gets to that stage of clarity where everything in the distance is as clear as a monitor screen than yes pits will be a thing of the past

• well, one year with VR now. I will not go back. But I startet to collect my parts for my vr cockpit. I got my hands on something original. ^^

It is still a long way to go, but I get professional help for the seat.

After the seat got his cushioning and the five point hooker got installed there will be the stick in place an the throttle fixed. In this first phase there is nothing more for my vr cockpit.

Second phase is to construct the instrument panel with the hardware i already have. Hardware... And, so is the plan, in software. That will mean, I build the addon aircraft in line to my hardware. The goal is, to have the same instruments at the same place in the sim and my cockpit. I don't know how far I will get with this approach, but this is my vision. ;)

(The seat is not the one I get, but similar.)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Hey guys

Seeing this thread I can't help it but share my latest "midlife crisis solution" :D

Just bought this on eBay, going across the country to collect it this weekend. I really hope AFS will eventually be accompanied with something similar to FSUIPC so I can "hook it up" to the sim.

Well this project is gonna take me the next decade anyway so my hopes are high 8)

Over and Out

Jay