Lets show our home Cockpits

• Hey guys

Seeing this thread I can't help it but share my latest "midlife crisis solution" :D

Just bought this on eBay, going across the country to collect it this weekend. I really hope AFS will eventually be accompanied with something similar to FSUIPC so I can "hook it up" to the sim.

Well this project is gonna take me the next decade anyway so my hopes are high 8)

but you already have the external dll sending data to and from aerofly

Regards,

Jan

• Hi Jay

Don'y you just love a midlife crisis=O,

You got yourself some work there, very rewarding when it works and very frustrating when they don't, which happens quite a lot with home built sims.

Unless FS2 supports something similar to AirManager your gonna be out of luck as there is no way to drive the gauges, which I assume will be on separate monitors. The choice of using servo gauges would seem even more remote. Eternal visuals will also need some thinking about.

Welcome to the home build world where :/ is quite normal

Steve

• Love seeing these! I would totally build a home cockpit if I had (a) the space (b) a wife willing to put up with any more of my unfinished projects.

My "home cockpit" is an Ikea fold up chair, cushion, a foldable stand for my yoke and the Oculus Rift. I'll not bother with pictures :)

Maybe when the kids move out I can have a VR room. 14 years to go. We might have real weather in AFS by then ;)

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• but you already have the external dll sending data to and from aerofly

I know, but it's a whole new world compared to the other two.

Things like arduino or open cockpits IO cards won't work straight away.

Anyway as I said, I'm sure this will be much farther by the time I'm ready to implement these;)

Over and Out

Jay

• you're right, I love it:D

I'm actually planing to save the original gauges and convert them with stepper motors or servos.

I'm sure by the time I'll get there, lots of things will be sorted by others.

Will start with the mechanical portion though.

Over and Out

Jay

• This will take a miracle. I tried to play matchmaker more than a year ago and put the CEO of Air Manager in touch with IPACS with a recommendation. He was snubbed so bad that I doubt He has any interest at all. This is most unfortunate for the cockpit builders.

Regards,

Ray

• Tomorrow, the seat will arrive, finally.

still a lot to do.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Final landing. ^^ now I can do the finishing. Elektric, fitting and screwing all together.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• it is just great. And I am getting 50. If you are in, you never want to get out again. :D

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• You guys need to convert to VR believe me. Home make cockpits will soon be a thing of the past.

My one IS a VR Cockpit. What do you think?

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• slipstream :

my also ... a (my) VR cockpit dont need real cockpit-gauges, a big screen ( or 5 of this ) no displays in overhead and so on ...

But i will have the feeling , like sitting in a real cockpit, and have (and feel) sticks and rudder, throttle and so on like in real ...

best in motion with shakers, and in belts.

See also in my sig...

What do you think is the differencee between a VR and a non-VR ... Sim-Cockpit ?

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• That looks great but not for older pilots I am thinking☺

It would be too hard to get in and out of.

First i thought the same ...but then i realise I have one of this here without use :)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/312105314570

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• I like it. I have similar although I also have 2 DOF Motion. Makes all the difference. It connects everything up.

720 degree? Cool. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4: