Orbx just announced the first Global Airport for AFS2. Ready for this? Freeware by our very own Sylvain.

• https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/15…y-fs2-freeware/

The airport is - Saanen - to a very high level and a second download for Full Cultivation - custom buildings and a gazillion new trees for the entire Switzerland DLC.

The detail and dense cultivation will blow your socks off.

Switzerland cultivation buildings (autogen buildings).

Note: this product does not overwrite IPACS default tree placement.

Full country building coverage plus over one hundred thousand of individual trees, mainly in towns and some villages.

Use the link above to see the first screenshots.

Regards,

Ray

• Excellent, buildings in Switzerland have been quite sparse indeed, but this is a > 100% enhancement. And as always, the shots look so natural, it's a pleasure to see them.

Thanks for the headup, Ray, and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Thanks Michael,

Wouldn’t it be great if we could suggest airports for improvement as Orbx Global Airports for freeware as we have been doing for FSX and P3D for years now.

I’m sure you have a few in mind.

Switzerland flying will be like having a full new DLC. Maybe we can add a few new airports with fsCloudPort.

Regards,

Ray

• From the fsElite site comes the following details.

Orbx have today announced that Saanen Airport (LSGK) is in development and will be completely free. Coming from developer Sylvain Delepierre, the Swiss airport will see you soaring above the Alps in style. Sat between Geneva and Innsbruck, the coverage will allow you to see the villages of Saanen, Gstaad and Rougemont – all photoreal. There’s around 70 sqaure kilometers of scenery to view and will immerse your experience even further.

• An ORBX global freeware airport package sounds like a good idea, indeed.

On the other hand, we certainly could look into FSC addon airports for Switzerland. There's definitely room for more. I would love to contribute if I can locate a bit of spare time. And it would be a good opportunity to popularize FSC.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• My first suggestion is an easy one. Samedan LSZS. Sylvain has already built this one for Orbx so it could actually become an AFS2 airport some day.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Sylva…=APIPA1&PC=APPD

Regards,

Ray

• From the fsElite site comes the following details.

Orbx have today announced that Saanen Airport (LSGK) is in development and will be completely free. Coming from developer Sylvain Delepierre, the Swiss airport will see you soaring above the Alps in style. Sat between Geneva and Innsbruck, the coverage will allow you to see the villages of Saanen, Gstaad and Rougemont – all photoreal. There’s around 70 sqaure kilometers of scenery to view and will immerse your experience even further.

Hello Ray,

This announcement is for the FSX/P3D version that was delivered one year ago

Best, Sylvain

• The pictures look very promising and all for free, astonishing.

I am cultivating Switzerland for weeks now using osm data but also setting single trees and forests with josm near airports. When I see what will come from Sylvain I think I can stop my efforts. Berne looks amazing. The only question mark I have is the remark that the ipacs trees are not removed or corrected. I wish that this will be improved also one day. These trees cover everything, streets, rivers, houses and destroy the immersion. That's why I have removed the folder 'vegetation' from the scenery folder. Like this only the osm trees appear. Forests in the switzerland dlc are embossed in a way and therefore do not look so bad, even without trees when flying on about 4000 feet or above.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• This is a terrific announcement.

However, at the risk of upsetting someone, I'm still confused about the situation with the Mac.

This bit of the forum apparently applies to both Windows and Mac, yet this terrific looking DLC seems to need the Swiss DLC which appears, from what I can gather, to be Windows only.

Unless my assumption is wrong, this is an example of why I think it'd be useful to have a separate Mac section of the forum.

Here's an announcement of a fantastic add-on, so I go to the dev page, get all excited about a new toy, go through all the awesome looking screenshots, only to find I can't use it.

Very frustrating, to say the least.

I accept the sim seems to be the same base product, but the add-ons don't appear to be.

Happy to be corrected if I'm reading this wrong.

Regards,

Mark