• Thanks Mick.

That did not fix the display or button lights. The codelegend program states that the multi panel is fixed but the text discusses some other problem than the display not working and the buttons not lighting up. The multi panel seems to work as far as features are concerned just no lights (other than HDG being displayed anytime the sim is running.

Still looking for a win 7 64 fix.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi

I would like to ask, have enyone of you any experience in using Saitek panel with FS 2 on Mac?

Sorry, not me.

Regards,

Ray

Do we have any AFS2 users that have the Saitek/Logitech Multi Panel working correctly with lights and displays when using win7 /64? Obviously the Logitech Support tech that I was assigned is totally clueless and keeps recommended really off the wall things to try.

My best guess is the problem lies in the way Microsoft handles the usb power and on / off of the usb ports. Win10 works perfectly and win7 / 64 sends the signals but is basically a dark unit.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, sadly I cannot help here, I have win 10.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Ray did you say neither the screen or buttons light? I have never seen that only a dead screen, also I'm not certain but I think I first used the codelegend program with win 7.

If you try that program again where it says "Power down the PC and all USB deices" at that point i have found it best to remove the power supply and unplug the usb device for a minute or so.

Mick

• Ray did you say neither the screen or buttons light? I have never seen that only a dead screen, also I'm not certain but I think I first used the codelegend program with win 7.

If you try that program again where it says "Power down the PC and all USB deices" at that point i have found it best to remove the power supply and unplug the usb device for a minute or so.

Mick

I will do some more testing. I’m thinking about ug the win7 to win10 but I have put that off for such a long time. It will take a year to get all the drivers ug. Ugh.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray did you say neither the screen or buttons light? I have never seen that only a dead screen, also I'm not certain but I think I first used the codelegend program with win 7.

Mick

I followed your advice and had dark buttons and dark display box except for the dim background light at the edge of the display box indicating power was on. I then reran the codelegend and used a Belkin powered usb hub and ALT and VS came up in the display but still dark buttons and no changes - just static ALT and VS.

I am using usb 2.0. Do you think usb 3.0 would make any difference? Opinion on using a powered usb hub?

I don't know if the problem is the lack of enough power for the usb or just a dorked up Microsoft usb power management.

Regards,

Ray

Well, I gave up on the win 7. I checked and the free upgrade to win 10 pro is still active at Microsoft. I am downloading the upgrade now. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

Regards,

Ray

• I had been following this thread and became excited to see the success you all were having with getting the Saitek stack to work.
    I had been contemplating getting the Multi-panel and Switch-panel over the years with FSX but never pulled the trigger.
    I decided the other day to order via Amazon the Logitech versions of the two devices. They arrived today so I sat down with this thread ready to pull up Regedit.
    Well I downloaded 'Flight_Panels_x64_Software_8.0.150.0.exe' from the Logitech support site. Install and ran the test programs...
    Presto, everything worked. The Multi-panel lit up just fine. No registry hack needed with the Logitech versions and Win 10.
    I have only tried the Baron and Dash-8 so far. I didn't even open controller setup in FS 2. Everything 'just worked' and thankfully plays nice with my Warthog HOTAS.

Just relating my experience today should others be interested in the post Logitech acquisition hardware.

- Rich

• Good News Rich. I think it is Win10 that solves the age old problems. I'm not sure how to get this news to IPACS so they can pass it along and actually feel good about supporting these panels.

AFAIK there are still a few features on the switch panel that do not work or are iffy and only works on some of the planes and not others. This would be the magnetos and some of the light switches.

Regards,

Ray

• AFAIK there are still a few features on the switch panel that do not work or are iffy and only works on some of the planes and not others. This would be the magnetos and some of the light switches.

Ray I agree, the Switch-panel needs some work. I noticed that the 'magnetos/start' switch is treated as an axis in the 'Controller' setup section. Rotating the 'switch' shows only three possible states rather than five. The 'Master' switches seem to be flaky in the Cessna as well. I'll be honest in saying I probably was more interested in having a physical gear switch and indicators with the purchase of the Switch-panel. That section seems to work as hoped. The Autopilot Multi-panel seems to work very well.

- Rich