B737 Minor FPS issue

• Hey AF community! I have a fairly high end CyberPower PC, and all of the aircrafts fly with a fantastic frame rate.

When I fly the B737, the framerates tend to drop.

I'm not very sure as to why this happens but it just does.

Is there a solution to this?

• Perhaps it is down to how sophistiated the 737 sim is, it can have different nav set ups in each seat, with armed spoilers and variable autobrakes and with a multi mode flight director and autopilot, all the while displaying many glorious analog flight instruments. There is an awful lot going on. Fallere do you see any similar effect with the Dash 8?

Later, thanks for your following post Jan.

My lead boot Windows 10 cache seems to have been causing my freezes. It is remarkable how well FS2 worked, more or less with Windows on ram alone for a month.

I did find that removing all of the Geforce Experience background processes gave a very big increase in frame rates.

Edited once, last by Overloaded: Frame rates Geforce Experience (June 3, 2018 at 9:08 AM).

• Official Post

Fallere can you please write what graphics card you are using and what drivers you have installed? Please update your graphics card drivers if you can.

Perhaps it is down to how sophistiated the 737 sim is, it can have different nav set ups in each seat, with armed spoilers and variable autobrakes and with a multi mode flight director and autopilot, all the while displaying many glorious analog flight instruments. There is an awful lot going on. Fallere do you see any similar effect with the Dash 8?

No that is not it. You underestimate your computer... Couple thousand switches are not going to increase the CPU or GPU load.

All physics objects of the 737 are computed in roughly 0.9 milliseconds on my aged i5 processor, that includes the autobrake and spoilers, the autopilot in all it's glory and flight director, it also contains the full aerodynamics computation, the full rigidbody computation with all landing gears the wheel simulation with all tires, collision detection of the ground mesh and aircraft mesh and so on.... You're CPU brute forces through that in less than a millisecond, just think about that.

We could probably simulate the physics of at least twenty 737s at the same, so as I said many times before: there is a lot of headroom for more and more systems, please don't worry about that!

And even the computation of the switch/button rotations and translations is not taking longer than for other aircraft.

And on top of that... this was all CPU related but he is talking about bad frame rates, so that has nothing todo with how many systems are simulated. Or not in the Aerofly world at least. We decouple the CPU physics engine and the GPU graphics engine as much as possible, that means if the graphics card is not up to the task and doesn't render fast enough the physics simulation is not really affected by this. And if the physics engine is taking too long then the graphics card won't reduce the frame rate either (up to a certain point where the processor is overloaded and the gpu doesn't get any commands).