Is it worth me buying? (Mac)

• Hello everyone,

Sorry if there is a thread for this somewhere, I did try a search but couldn't find anything. Anyway I've looked for a demo of this game however realise now that there isn't one, so I am wondering if its worth me buying the game with the specs of my macbook pro. If anyone could have a look and let me know if the game would be runnable I'd be very grateful!

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)

MacOS: High Sierra 10.13.4

Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

SSD 558GB free space.

Thanks!

• Not sure your GPU is enough for Aerofly. Minimum specs graphics for Aerofly FS2 are openGL 3.0 (ok for you) and 1 GB ram at least (you have only 512 MB on your GPU). But an admin or a Mac user should have a better answer than mine.

• i have similar question. I am playing FS2 on my old low-end PC and it works smooth (with graphic details set to medium) but I am considering to buy iMac with Intel i5 3,0 GHz processor, 8 GB of RAM and Radeon Pro 555 graphic card (2 GB of VRAM). Will Mac version of FS 2 works smoothly on this computer? Thank you in advance for any advices.

• i have similar question. I am playing FS2 on my old low-end PC and it works smooth (with graphic details set to medium) but I am considering to buy iMac with Intel i5 3,0 GHz processor, 8 GB of RAM and Radeon Pro 555 graphic card (2 GB of VRAM). Will Mac version of FS 2 works smoothly on this computer? Thank you in advance for any advices.

Should run okay on medium settings but that 2gb of ram on your graphics card will limit your experience when flying over highly populated areas.

• Should run okay on medium settings but that 2gb of ram on your graphics card will limit your experience when flying over highly populated areas.

I have GTX 650 with 2GB of RAM on my PC (with Windows 7) and the game runs smooth even over most of cities-only over Monterey DLC framerate is a bit lower (about 55 FPS), but still fully playable. But I have not got big experience with Mac and in case of tat I am not sure what will be performance in comparission with PC.

• There's also the problem of some DLC wich are not available on MAC. If you need a MAC buy a MAC but for AFS2 I think a PC is always better not only about performance (but MAC is great for a lot of other things). For example i don't think you can use the Monterey DLC on AFS2 MAC version.

• Will the Mac allow you to adjust the graphics card settings?

I needed to adjust my 2GB GTX950's settings to get Monterey running well. It crashed my setup on a night 'flight' unless all my Aerofly graphics settings were on low everything.

After selecting lower frame rates in the graphics card menu I could smoothly run night Monterey up to Ultra on most FS2 graphics, at between 40 and 60 fps depending on how many items were on ultra.

Using vsync to limit frame rates seemed to cause hesitations more than selecting the chosen frames rate in the graphics card menu. The vsync choices are also less flexible allowing 60+, 60 or 30 fps. My CPU is a humble 2core running at 4.2 GHz.

I only have experience of Apple from iPads and have the impression that they give less user control than average. Can I suggest that you look up just what adjustment your Mac choice would give.

It does not sound like the Macs will be be getting add on options for a while.

• I'm running on an iMac and it looks beautiful. I've a 2Gb video card and that's just barely enough so your 0.5Gb may struggle.

If 0.5 is okay, keep in mind there's no DLC (that I know of) for the Mac version (and no indication when there may be) and it's not been updated the entire time I've had it (I got it in March - not sure exactly when it was released). If you're happy with it out of the box (which of course you won't know until you get it), you may be okay. If you're looking to be able to get new stuff for it, or even updates, might be better to hold off. Or maybe try the Windows version under Bootcamp? Not sure if that's viable, but you'd at least have access to DLC.

• I'm running on an iMac and it looks beautiful. I've a 2Gb video card and that's just barely enough so your 0.5Gb may struggle.

If 0.5 is okay, keep in mind there's no DLC (that I know of) for the Mac version (and no indication when there may be) and it's not been updated the entire time I've had it (I got it in March - not sure exactly when it was released). If you're happy with it out of the box (which of course you won't know until you get it), you may be okay. If you're looking to be able to get new stuff for it, or even updates, might be better to hold off. Or maybe try the Windows version under Bootcamp? Not sure if that's viable, but you'd at least have access to DLC.

Could you describe technical specification of your computer? I am planning to buy iMac, so your informations will be very helpful for me.

• Could you describe technical specification of your computer? I am planning to buy iMac, so your informations will be very helpful for me.

Hi KP164 - mine’s a late 2015 27" with 24Gb RAM and a 2Gb AMD Radeon R9 M390 Video card. AF2 performance is good with settings at Fullscreen, Vsync on, medium graphics quality and 75% pixel density.

If you’re going for an iMac Pro I’d guess it’d be even better. I’m hoping to get one at some point but probably not until early next year.

You probably know already, but get the best video card you can when you get it as you can’t upgrade them.

• Hi KP164 - mine’s a late 2015 27" with 24Gb RAM and a 2Gb AMD Radeon R9 M390 Video card. AF2 performance is good with settings at Fullscreen, Vsync on, medium graphics quality and 75% pixel density.

If you’re going for an iMac Pro I’d guess it’d be even better. I’m hoping to get one at some point but probably not until early next year.

You probably know already, but get the best video card you can when you get it as you can’t upgrade them.

Thank you for informations. I am planning to buy iMac with similar specification, so I think it should work too.