• Dear IPACS team,

With the upcoming of "cultivated" products it's time to bring back the topic of scenery prioritization and exclude polygons.

If I understand properly, there's already some "exclude" concept in AFS2, that is apparently triggered by vertex weight during airport design, and effects on "cultivated" trees only (or does it also involve buildings?) :

Assigning vertex-weight (vertex-color alpha component) of 100% will use only the assigned material, smooth out the terrain elevation data and remove all auto-places trees. 0% will result in a usage of only areal images. This means a vertex-color or vertex weight has to be assigned in order to see any custom textures.

Is there a way to define exclusion perimeters for a compiled cultivation without altering ground elevation and aerial image display?

Or is there a way to define display priorities, with higher priority for specific 3D objects over cultivation ?

Otherwise we'll always have building duplicates when adding new airports or landmarks over a place covered by cultivation, if special care was not taken prior to compilation.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Official Post

The airport 'groundpoly' is used only for basic smoothing of the area covered and also to define which parts of the ortho is to be seen (or not seen).

In order to remove cultivation in defined areas you will need a polygon with an 'exclude' parameter. The easiest way to do this is to use Google Earth Pro. Make a folder and name it 'exclude' then add as many polygons to the folder that define the area you wish to block cultivation from spawning.

The exclude folder that contains your polygons will need to be exported as a KML file then placed into your cultivation application of choice (ex. scenproc)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• (...) In order to remove cultivation in defined areas you will need a polygon with an 'exclude' parameter. (...)

Thank you Jeff, you're mentioning the subtract step we already use in scenproc during cultivation compilation.

What I'm talking about is the need for an exclude concept AFTER cultivation compilation.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Official Post

There is no automated way to remove cultivation after it's converted over to a TOC file unless you know the coordinates of the area you wish to remove and manually delete those lines in the TOC directly.

It's much easier to just rerun your process with additional excludes in scenproc.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I have a tool on my agenda to remove objects from cultivation files because of objects defined in tsc files (plus checking for duplicates in the toc files themselves. But I have no schedule for it yet.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• There is no automated way to remove cultivation after it's converted over to a TOC file unless you know the coordinates of the area you wish to remove and manually delete those lines in the TOC directly.

It's much easier to just rerun your process with additional excludes in scenproc.

This is only possible when the toc file is still in text format, which isn't the case after compilation : binary toc files cannot be edited, hence the need for an exclusion or prioritization system to allow for cohabitation of sceneries from various editors, as it is gently getting the case for instance on Swiss DLC and soon in Netherlands...

Cheers

Antoine

• You are correct, binary TOC files can't be edited so there isn't much that you can do there.

There you are !

So please, IPACS, consider adding an exclude polygon concept to enable scenery cohabitation without duplicates.

Thanks

Cheers

Antoine

• Official Post

What we released in terms of SDK tools to the public will not likely be changed for some time if I were to be honest with you, so it's best to make due with the tools provided as they currently are.

Regards,

Jeff