Problems with Level16 Tiles

• Dear developers,

can you please help?

I have a high resolution picture which I converted to level 16. It genrates 9 tiles with

Code
     [write_images_with_mask][false]

(or 23 with mask=true).

I erased levels 12-15 tiles to see the boarder of the highres tiles more clearly.

Unluckily only a very small part of these tiles is visible as Lev16:

When I continue to fly, no other tile is loaded.

Much more tiles in level 16 were generated:

This should have been the highres area:

As defined in the gch.tsc as also the corresponding .aid and tfw file.

gch.tsc

.tfw file

Code

Can you please say what I miss?

Cheers,

Thomas

Cheers, Thomas

• Official Post

The geoconvert tool only allows for up to level 15 to process. Even with level 15 performance can be affected for those with less powerful PC's so adding a level 16 would certainly be overkill.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Well, my KMRY airport from ORBX runs very well. They used the level 16 (see below from their manual and my file system)

IPACS always states that ORBX uses the same tools as you published to us free developers.

Please help me to produce a level 16 airport too.

Cheers, Thomas

• Official Post

Like I said, with the public tools level 16 is not available and will not work at this time.

Internally we have different techniques to achieve different results.

To be honest, we don't even recommend using level 15 as it could cause performance issues if you don't know how to optimize the result. But level 15 is available to you and should be all that you need to achieve very nice scenery.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Okay....

I have made the grid 16 with AFS2GridGeneratorv1.

then i have made the BMP files.

Then i have new colored the bmp files, and outtake the mistakes.

After this i have made the tiles at Level 15 high area, and made at -2 resolution.

Generated with geoconvert....

At the aitport Scenery folder have i cut out the decals and ramp... files.

The result show this.

This Airports are flyable only when ground are relatively flat.

For airports with ground at more up and downs, we must have a Tool that makes the Ground cpmplete Flat.

Regards ULI

• Hi ULI,

can you confirm that I understood you correctly:

You downloaded with FSET (maybe Google) with -2 and geoconverted it to level 15?

And the you supressed the runway/decal by editing the airport TSC file from fscloudport?

Why did you choose grid 16 with AFS2GridGeneratorv1?

Cheers,

Thomas

Cheers, Thomas

• Official Post

-2 in FSET is complete overkill. If you use -1 you will get 0.50m scenery, that can be used with level 15 while converting and it comes out very nice.

I have no idea what 3rd party tools that you are trying to use here, we can only tell you what works directly from our own tools; in this case using only the geoconvert tool alone.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hello, everybody.

this has been a test, and it works with the tools I've listed. I can't follow an overkill.

Selected with FS Grid Level 16, displayed in Google, and generated the six individual tiles with FSET at -2 resolution.

The result are 6 BMP files with 22 MB each.

I have revised these BMP files to make the presentation of the runway and taxiways clearer. The whole thing was created with Level 15 High Detail in Geoconvert.

Then I removed the files rap546m26m_decal.ttx and other decal files in my FScloud Scenery.

The result is what you see here.

And there's no problem whatsover with the approach. Even with the files of the main scenery Germany in level 9-12 not.

9-12 is enough for VFR flight, for the airports I use level 15.

For crossed Runways i make the same things, see Picture from EDXW....

No bleeding effect or what ever....

Important: this only works with airports with a relatively smooth surface. EDDK even works because the runways lie at a different height than the taxiways.

The Aircraft crash when you drive outside from Runway.

This is not a must with Grid 16, it also works with 15, because Google or who else does not give a better resolution.

It reaches level 15 and resolution max. -1 in FSET.

However, the BMP files will then have more MB

Regards

ULI