• Is there a way to add static aircraft to the native airports in afs2? I posted this question a while ago on the companion Flight-Sim website with regards to using objects from the Generic Objects library.

Man...I love Aerofly FS2!

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

• I think so. Please clarify “native airports”. Are you referring to those included in the various DLCs?

Before I go into detail with a couple of methods to add static aircraft, I need to know if you are using fsCloudBase and are you comfortable editing tsc files. Also are theairports in the U.S. or Switzerland DLCs.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Jet,

Thanks so much for responding. I would like to add the aircraft to the airports that came in the dvd version, as well as the additional dlc, such as Colorado.

I feel comfortable editing the tsc files, as I tried to do so based upon the instructions that came with the Generic Objects Library. I tried adding a 737 to an apron area of KSBA (Santa Barbara, Ca), but it didn’t work. I paid attention to the conventions of the tsc file, swapped coordinates for placement just to be sure, but no joy. I used the height and coordinates that appear when enabling the FPS display as it shows coordinates and elevation.

I think my seeing the tsc entry for an additional static aircraft for an existing airport would clear things up for me.

I’m really interested in adding the aircraft, and appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

Thanks so much!

xray

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

• Xray3,

I am confident this can be done. I am away from my pc for a few more days, but when I get home I will run some tests.

My first recommendation would be to use Google Maps to find (right click, select what’s here) the Lat Lon for your static plane location, then copy an existing object line from any tsc file and change the tmb file name and lat Lon and elevation to your choice, save, the reload AFS2 and see the orientation.

An easy method is to use the free fsCloudBase program to create an airport nearby and add several static planes. Download, unzip, and start AFS2. Edit the fsCP generated tsc file as you like to place your static aircraft on the KSBA airport ramp. Use Google Maps to find the exact lat Lon of the spot you want. An orientation line can be added to the tsc file to get them pointed in the correct direction.

Once you are happy with the location you can substitute the tmb file to use different static objects. I use this method to add cars, fuel tanks, fuel trucks, fuel stations, etc. to those smaller airports that don’t have them. (fsCP has a nice selection of static planes but no cars, fuel trucks, etc)

You can’t change anything in the DLC KSBA file but you can ADD more objects for the area as long as they don’t interfere with the DLC airport. More planes should be easily added.

Let us know if you need some help.

Regards,

Ray

• Thank you so much! I too am away from my pc on vacation on the central coast of California.

I’ll give it a go when I return in a week.

Thanks again, Jet!

Xray

• xray3,

Adding more static aircraft to an existing DLC airport is an absolute piece of cake. I used cloud based fsCloudBase to create a small airport a few miles NE of KSBA. Lampoc KLPC is the shadow of Vandenberg AFB. I added a runway and one small building. I then added several 737 static aircraft but I placed them at KSBA instead of the expected KLPC. You have to make a couple of tries to avoid sitting on top of existing DLC static aircraft. Google and IPACS do not agree on the aircraft in the images so just move them around to avoid conflicts. Also the elevation could be off a foot or so and can be corrected easy enough.

I do not have time today to fine tune it but, as a proof of concept it couldn't be much easier. Take a look at the image below and check out the newly added 737s.

I will open a conversation with you and walk you through the details.

You can review the tsc file attached. Rename the txt to tsc for a valid file

Regards,

Ray

• Hello Jet,

Wow...look at all the aircraft at Santa Barbara!

I can’t thank you enough for all the time that you spent in helping me with this. Your including the TSC file really helps too.

I have a few initial questions, as I am not at home with my pc to experiment or another week.

Are the aircraft that you placed from the Generic Objects Library download from Flight-sim.org.? Where do I obtain these object names to place in the tsc?

I don’t quite understand what “parking positions” are in the tsc file. On the surface one might think that the parking position defines where an object is parked/placed, but I have a sense that I am wrong based upon my examination of various existing tsc files.I’ve looked in the wiki, but can’t seem to find an explanation.

What do parking position actually mean?

You’ve been very kind to me in my struggle to go deeper into this breathtakingly beautiful sim.

Thanks so much!

xraythree

• xray3,

Once you are back at your pc next week we can start a conversation here on the forum so we don't tie up a public thread.

The parking positions are the white airplanes and are "start" positions only. Not for display of static aircraft. The 737s and 757 are static aircraft from fsCloudBase. A nice selection of static aircraft can be found there. It is totally free, easy to use, and built specifically for AFS2 users by Spit40.

The object names come from the fsCloudBase program. I just click and choose then twist and turn and place into a position, then press save. Download, unzip and run AFS2. You have to reload AFS2, of course, between changes and updates.

You might want to go there if you have a laptop and get familiar with the program. Phil has a video to watch for instructions. I can give you hints on how I use the program.

Yes, KSBA is a little crowded at that corner this morning.

Regards,

Ray

• Thank you so much, Jet!

xraythree

Jet...what am I doing wrong? I downloaded your KPLC file from fscloudport and installed. KPLC shows in the sim with static aircraft, and the additional static aircraft show in Santa Barbara as well. Thanks for that!

Now, I opened up the KPLC tsc file. I copied the last entry in the KPLC tsc file shown below...

Code
     <[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][17]
    	    <[string8][type][object]>
    	    <[string8][geometry][b757_coe_virtual_340_obj]>
    	    <[tmvector3d][position][-119.83715124 34.42479127 0]>

...and pasted it just below the the last entry above.

I changed the element number to 18. I changed the coordinates to place the additional 757 in element 18 at KBUR, but it doesn’t appear.

I’ve noticed that all the coordinates in your tsc extend to 8 decimal places, yet the coordinates I get from mygeoposition.com don’t go to 8 decimal places. Either way I can’t get the aircraft to show.

What am I doing wrong and/ or maybe not understanding? I really want to populate some airports.

Thanks a million.

• I guess in order to see whata going wrong the whole section or even file is needed. I see a missing > at the end to close the whole section.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Yes, attach the full tsc file here so we can see if we can find the glitch. The element number will not stop an entry from working. The 8 places are not important and should not be the problem. It is likely the coordinates are not in the proper format or as Tom says it could be a floating > or ] or a character out of place. Format is paramount in the tsc file.

You may have to change the file type to upload, can't remember for sure.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Tom,

Here is the tsc from the KPLC file created by Jet, and downloaded from fscloudport.

The last entry in Objects for element 18 is my addition.

I certainly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Sam

• When I add a section to a tsc file, I don't add it at the end, I add it in the middle so I can see if something looks out of place. Like a blank line, or > or ]>. Make sure the -119.xxx 34.xxx looks correct and make sure the obj file is exactly the same as the one you copied. The order of the elements is not important as long as it is in the correct area.

Regards,

Ray

Line 119 needs to be moved 3 or 4 spaces to the left. Look at the previous section and make sure your spacing is the same. This will stop it from working.

Regards,

Ray

Also check the end of the file. see attachment.

Regards,

Ray

• Wow...I can’t thank both of you enough. Away from the computer now, but I’ll follow your instructions and post with results.

Until then, thank you again!

Success...sort of.

I tried, and tried, but could not place an additional static aircraft at a location at Burbank. I tried entering coordinates for different areas at the Burbank airport, but none displayed. I paid attention to spacing, conventions etc.

After many frustrating attempts, I decided to place an aircraft immediately adjacent to one of the aircraft that Jet already placed at Santa Barbara in his Lompoc tsc file.

I placed the coordinates for the location adjacent to Jet’s aircraft in the very same tsc entry I had been using (added to the existing Lompoc tsc) without success, and this time the aircraft showed in the sim. Nothing else was changed, except for the coordinates placing my additional aircraft next to Jet’s aircraft.

Except for placing a static aircraft at the exact spot as an existing static aircraft or other object, are there any restrictions on where an aircraft can be placed?

Why did none of the aircraft I entered into the tsc display in the sim, except when I placed it immediately adjacent to the one that Jet placed, having changed nothing else but the coordinates?

Conceptually, this should be very easy. Simply add another “statement” to Jet’s existing Lompoc tsc with an object name already present in his Lompoc tsc, but with new coordinates...right?

I’m hoping that perhaps someone can add to Jet’s Lompoc tsc so that an aircraft appears at the following coordinates at Burbank, and post it here for me to study.

The coordinates are long. -118.35558011 lat. 34.19725561

Please don’t give up on me guys. I’m going to keep trying too!

Thanks so much!

Sam

• xraythree,

Did you make the two adjustments to the KPLC tsc file that I attached above? If these two did not cure the problem, how about opening a conversation and I will walk you thru the process.

Format of the tsc is just as important as the specific information.

Regards,

Ray

• The start of the file looks pretty odd in your code paste. Your editor might be getting confused with newlines. Are you using Notepad++?

This is the live TSC

http://www.fscloudport.com/fsc/9060C0802C…t&tsc=1&model=1

What you are doing seems quite correct.

The other thing to do is try a different aircraft type instead of "b757_coe_virtual_340_obj"

Note that the number before _obj is the direction the aircraft is pointing (ish.. from memory, it might be 90 degrees out from north). You can't just change that number though as the zip only includes the pregenerated models at the directions defined in the editor.

Good luck

Phil