Developping cultivation objects

• Hi everybody,

What are the rules to create 3Dobjects to be used for cultivation ?

I have in mind for instance to draw a few models of pylons . There's no such category yet in cultivation, but as workaround they could be defined as an additional vegetation category.

Afterwards, it would be easy to add them to a scenery by filtering OSM data with scenproc.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I bring back up my question, hoping to get a reply.

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• 're, I bring this question up.

BTW for pylons my idea is flawed since there's no orientation parameter in the vegetation cultivation, but it might be added in the future. In the meantime, point Cultivation could be used for other kind of repetitive things.

Cheers

Antoine

Edited 2 times, last by Trespassers (July 4, 2018 at 10:28 AM).

• up

• What you want to achieve is not possible right now. We will enhance the cultivation file in the future however to reference you own custom made geometries.

Ok, thank you for that reply.

And what about adding own tree textures for regional variety? Can we do the same as for buildings, i.e. paint our own tree textures and provide folder path info in the tsc file ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Antoine

• Ok, thank you for that reply.

And what about adding own tree textures for regional variety? Can we do the same as for buildings, i.e. paint our own tree textures and provide folder path info in the tsc file ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Antoine

Yes you can. Take a look at the design package for how to edit your textures for cultivated objects. aeroflyFS2_airportdesign_ac3d_package\cultivation

That package will give you a good idea on how to make and change textures.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes you can. Take a look at the design package for how to edit your textures for cultivated objects. aeroflyFS2_airportdesign_ac3d_package\cultivation

That package will give you a good idea on how to make and change textures.

Thank you Jeff,

AFAIK this design package only gives hints of buildings source textures, being 1024x1024 24 bit BMPs.

Am I right assuming tree textures are also 1024x1024 textures?

What about alpha channel? Do we need to set 2x 24bit BMPs per tree : 1 colour and 1 mask?

Or should we use 32 bit BMPs with alpha layer?

Thanks in advance for your support

Cheers

Antoine

• Antoine,

you will need alpha layer for trees. You can use the same size textures as building source textures (1024x1024) but you will need to save them as TIFFs with alpha colors preserved.

Let me see if I can dig up an example for you to use.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hello,

Thanks for the infos Jeff. I would be very interested in a file example too, because despite all my tiffs 1024x1024 with alpha channel are well converted with the contentconverter tool (type = "place") but nothing is displayed in the simulator :(

So unfortunately I still can not find the right .ttx format for custom plants ;(

Are there any tricks or magic formula to make it work?

Here's my way of doing:

As an example test file, I use a 1024x1024 (RGB, 8bits / layer) image file with transparency exported in .tiff format. Example picture is just there to illustrate my ask, knowing that we do not yet know the plant UV placement ;)

About alpha layer:

Should we use a particular method to create transparency?

1- simple (only one layer with alpha in) ?

or

2- add an alpha layer in channels ?

or

3- ???

About Tiff export:

here is my setup

About .ttx Texture compilation with ContentConverter:

no problem here, .ttx file is generated with no error, but texture is not displayed in simulator... May be a wrong. ttx file format in my TMC file ?

- should we use another "texture_base_type" (ttx_pvr2, ttx_etc1, ttx_etc2 ...) or keep the 'ttx_dxt' by default?

- should we set another option in a particular way, like "type" (place, default, xref) or other ?

here is my "tmc" test file:

About custom plants's texture use in my AFS2 setup:

! I am concient that any modification of IPACS files & folder are disadvised. It's just for my tests, I'm careful to restore the original configuration at the end !

I've named arbitrarily my custom plant's texture: "plant_pine_20_1850_color.ttx" and copied it into AFS2 path: "...steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\plants".

I call the same custom object several times in my .toc file:

Code
          <[plant][element][0]
            <[vector3_float64][position][-61.003884 14.593791 0]>
            <[vector2_float32][height_range][10.000000 10.000000]>
            <[string8][group][pine]>
            <[string8][species][20_1850]>
          >

unfortunately my custom texture does not appear at all in the simulator during my test :( I specify that if I replace my custom texture with one from IPACS "plants" folder (just copied and renamed) it works fine without any problem...

Any idea what’s wrong ?

thanks by advance Jeff or to any other IPACS member who could help me here:saint:

Edited 6 times, last by vogel69 (August 10, 2018 at 11:54 AM).

• Kevin, did you get any sample file? I haven't seen anything such I'm my mailbox so far...

Cheers

Antoine

• Thank you Jeff

• Also, if you look in the folder; Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\xref

You will see the files needed to add it to the xref system of Aerofly.

Regards,

Jeff