Big update coming soon!

• Official Post

Greetings fellow flight simmers,

Yes I know it's been a while between our last update and now but we had a lot of work to do internally to prepare for this upcoming update. I'm talking a complete overhaul of the OpenGL graphics rendering engine as well as the beta introduction of an all new Vulkan rendering engine which has shown in our tests that it greatly improves the performance of Aerofly. Just when you thought that we couldn't get even more performance, we managed to improve!

What would be an update without improvements to our aircraft fleet as well. This update packs a big punch in this respect with improved aircraft functionality. The change log for this update has never been this big before so look out for major improvements to all of the aircraft.

We have all been working very hard and this update will clearly show that. With the changes that had to be done, it took quite a long time to get right, so we hope that you enjoy this upcoming update.

This update is looking good and is approaching final, but give us just a little bit more time to run some final tests on it and we will get it into your hands soon!

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Wow, that sounds totally awesome...! Vulkan for even better performance...?!? How is that even possible!!! I am also looking forward to the update of the planes!

Hopefully I can test the update in my upcoming holiday (July) but that will probably be a bit too much to ask. ;)

Edited once, last by J van E (June 26, 2018 at 7:16 PM).

• Excellent! Looking forward to the details of the update.

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64

• Wow, that sounds totally awesome...! Vulkan for even better performance...?!? How is that even possible!!!

Vulkan hands over total control (rendering process construction) and responsibility (error checking and resource management) to the application, making lower CPU overhead possible as well as multi-threaded rendering.

I'm looking forward to the frame rate improvement as currently I'm playing on an i7+860m laptop where I'm CPU bound.

Btw can we get a change log at some point ? :)

Great effort so far! :thumbup:

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf

• Vulkan hands over total control (rendering process construction) and responsibility (error checking and resource management) to the application, making lower CPU overhead possible as well as multi-threaded rendering.

Sounds cool! Didn't know all that.

I just created a testflight and noted current (unlimited) fps so I can compare it with the overhauled OpenGL and new Vulkan rendering engine whenever the update has been released. (I tested it now already because the update probably will be forced on Steam.)

• Hate to complain but I see no reference to any ATC or AI updated in this ”big update” announcement. How long will we have to wait for this.

Mike

No one knows but looking at how things are going I wouldn't expect ATC this year. IPACS certainly won't say anything about it: they never give ETA's so there is no real use in asking this.

• Great news indeed!

Since there's an update of most aircraft, should we expect the DR400 will be broken again ? Or is it unaffected by these changes ?

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Dog gone it!!! I just spent $700+ to upgrade to a Asus Prime Z270-A motherboard, with an i7-7700k, and a new GTX 1080 so I could run one of the other sims at higher detail in VR, when if I waited my previous parts would have been fine with Vulkan. Oh well, future proofed for hopefully a lot of good things to come in AFS2.

Anyone in need of a good mb, processor and video card? LOL