Big update coming soon!

• I’m excited too, and hope any aircraft updates don’t require too much systems complexity.

Thanks to IPACS for the joy that FS2 brings all of us!

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

• Microsoft FS1 released in 1982, ATC has been added in version FS2002 (FS8) in 2001. So it takes some time to develope such a feature.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Thanx for the update, keep up the good work, seeing forward to get this new big update in the coming weeks :) :) :)

Sincely Jesper

PC Hardware Specs
    -MSI Tomahawk MAX II
    -AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    -32 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
    -AMD RX6600XT 8 GB
    -1xSSD 250 GB Boot
    -1x3 TB Data 7200 RPM
    -1X3 TB Games 7200 RPM
    -1x3 TB X-Plane 7200 RPM
    -31.5" 165 Hz 1080P Gaming Monitor
    -Logitech Stereo Speaker

• This is great, GREAT news! Can't tell you how excited this makes me. I wont be able to wipe the smile off my face!

• Official Post

SORRY Any chance of seeing some preview screenshots of Vulcan at work how much better is it going to look !!

Its not going to 'look' any better than before, however, the performance will be better.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Its not going to 'look' any better than before, however, the performance will be better.

Well, if donut185's machine doesn't max out all visual settings currently, there might be an opportunity to trade in the fps improvement to a higher level of detail (assuming the GPU is not yet fully fed). :):thumbup:

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf

• Ich wusste schon warum ich mir Aerofly FS 2 gekauft habe,weil es Performancemäßig den anderen zweien deutlich überlegen ist!!!:)

Und darum ist,und bleibt für mich die Nummer eins Aerofly FS 2.:love:

Ich freue mich auch schon auf das neue Update,und das andere viele neue was noch kommen wird.

einen Daumen :thumbup:nach oben für die Entwickler.

Danke Enrico

• I have a really hi spec pc running 4k with a Titan 12gb so don't have any performance issues running 59.95 fps in any orbx scenery in AFS2 with all maxed out , so I did not really have any issues unlike xp11 which I totally love but never get past 25 fps. So Vulcan I am guessing will just push up the fps even more?.

• don't have any performance issues running 59.95 fps in any orbx scenery in AFS2 with all maxed out

I suppose that's with vsync on...? With vsync on Vulkan will also show that same fps, of course. To really test the difference (or overhead you have) you should test without an fps limit. I usually fly with vsync on (can't stand the tearing!) but I tested performance with umlimited fps so I can check the difference between what we've got now and what we will get later.

• I have a really hi spec pc running 4k with a Titan 12gb so don't have any performance issues running 59.95 fps in any orbx scenery in AFS2 with all maxed out , so I did not really have any issues unlike xp11 which I totally love but never get past 25 fps. So Vulcan I am guessing will just push up the fps even more?.

Using Vulkan will improve your fps only if your have a CPU bottleneck while running OpenGL (the core running AFS2 maxes out at 100% while your GPU load is less than 100%. If the GPU already runs at 100% load, you might see no improvement in fps, maybe more consistent frame pacing and less CPU load. But it can really help out mid-class machines that have high-core low clock configurations (e.g. AMD processors, laptops or mobile devices), where TDP budgets, turbo clock or battery consumption is limited.

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf

• What would be an update without improvements to our aircraft fleet as well. This update packs a big punch in this respect with improved aircraft functionality. The change log for this update has never been this big before so look out for major improvements to all of the aircraft.

To me that would be the most interesting aspect of this update.

A 5% to 10% improvement in performance seems not to be the key feature of this update.

Could it be possible to have a list of the functionalities that will be improved?.

Cheers, Ed