Big update coming soon!

• To me that would be the most interesting aspect of this update.

A 5% to 10% improvement in performance seems not to be the key feature of this update.

Could it be possible to have a list of the functionalities that will be improved?.

Cheers, Ed

We will release the entire list of changes once we release the update.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I believe if there was a way we could use Ortho4XP with Aerofly FS2, it would not only help attrack many more simmers but perhaps reduce the cost of working on developing unnecessary sceneries and focus on what should matter most which is ATC functionality and improved weather engine.

• Official Post

I believe if there was a way we could use Ortho4XP with Aerofly FS2, it would not only help attrack many more simmers but perhaps reduce the cost of working on developing unnecessary sceneries and focus on what should matter most which is ATC functionality and improved weather engine.

Hi and welcome to our forum. We do have SDK tools that are like ortho4xp available, it's called geoconvert. You can make any area that you want with it in incredible detail. You can also add cultivation (trees, houses, buildings, lights) to your scenery as well.

We have posted a bunch of tutorials on our wiki that would walk you through it. You can find them HERE under scenery development.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I agree wiyh Mikced : no ATC announcement....this feature could improve totally the realism of AFS2 in IFR flights....even in VFR...

I'm guessing IPACS needs some performance headroom first before they can add things like ATC & weather.

• Great news! Not hearing about any forthcoming updates to Aerofly FS2 in a while, suggested to me that we will be pleasantly surprised when the update arrives. And so, like many others have said, I too am looking forward to the latest IPACS team's efforts in make this simulation even more enjoyable. And I hope the update will entice many other flight sim fanciers to purchase Aerofly FS2.

Computer system: Win 10 64bit Pro; Case, Cooler Master 690; PSU Antec 900Watts; Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX; CPU AMD FX 8350 4.2Ghz; 16GB G Skill DDR3 1600; VideoCard EVGA Geforce GTX 1050Ti, 4GB; Latest display driver; Harddrive 2TB Hybrid; SoundCard ASUS XonarDX; Logitech Speakers G51, 5.1; Headset, Logitech G35 7.1; Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Stick & Xbox 360 Controller; TrackIR-5; Monitor 24" Widescreen Samsung.

• To me that would be the most interesting aspect of this update.

Same here. Performance is great already although it's always nice if it can be made even better (with future developments in mind) but for now I am mainly interested in more system depth so... bring it on! Remember what Jet-Pack posted last week in a topic about 747 navaids: "Yes right now they are always auto tuned but just wait for the next update..." I can't wait to get more busy during my flights! ;)

• Then gosh, that helicopter sure must have a lot of bugs to work out!

The R22 will be released when we finish it, as we have mentioned before.

Regards,

Jeff

• Probably a lone voice of dissent and this post will probably not last long enough for most of you to read but .... Complete lack of excitement regarding the "big update coming soon" announcement. The graphics in the current version are already way ahead of other sims. The planes are fine as they are. A meaningful update to me is where we get significant new sceneries, helicopters, and cloud/water management. This update is care factor zero for me and this whole sim is going the same way the longer it takes for REAL improvements to appear.

• But this is the thing AOB - this update will give them a massive performance headroom for all the many features they are yet to implement. Performance is a constant top priority for this sim. Cloud/water management, which includes better graphics, won't have such a performance impact because of this update. Water graphics especially lack compared to other sims. Also terrain and cloud shadows are missing, yet other flight sims have this. The planes might be "fine" for simple up-and-go but for proper flying they lack GPS/FMCs and more actual aircraft simulation. The Vulkan update will give the dev team headroom for this.

As for sceneries, a dev mentioned in another thread that this performance update has resolved issues they were having with Orbx's upcoming Netherlands region. Take a look at this response - Orbx Scenery in Aerofly FS2

This update will prevent this sim from eventually being another flight sim slideshow once it has the amount of features other sims do. Care factor should be 100%.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• The planes are fine as they are. A meaningful update to me is where we get significant new sceneries, helicopters, and cloud/water management. This update is care factor zero for me and this whole sim is going the same way the longer it takes for REAL improvements to appear.

In my opinion, the planes are actually far from “fine”. And I think an upgrade of the fleet, which if provide more depth of manipulation of the aircrafts is much more important than simply adding some new sceneries or a heli(although I look forward to them very much too).

An improvememt of depth in aircraft is something really makes this sim competitive with P3D or X-Plane. Many flight-sim lovers are not interested in AFS2 because of the lack of functionality. And if IPACS make some improvement in that, Surely more players will come because beside a complete and professional experience of flight, we have the advantage in graphics.

And this can lead the development of Aerofly into a positive circle, more players means larger market. Larger market means more third-party developers will get on board. By the time the problems for players will be “which scenery or which aircraft should I choose to buy” instead of “when shall the next scenery arrive”. And AFS2 will truly become a leader of flight simulators.

So an upgrade of the fleet is absolutely a great choice and that might be a milestone of Aerofly. Nice work IPACS teams, you are amazing.:)

• Thank you W.B. I couldn't say it better.

Welcome to this fleet overhaul and let's see if basic systems at least become featured in our existing aircraft - including the Robin.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I don't think the planes are 'fine' either.

I absolutely know that Aero is a brilliant sim but the cockpits are not near perfection just yet, unfortunately we can't operate essential pilot control functions such as functional, working magnetos, mixture controls and cowl flap operations with coughing engines and responsive exhaust gas, oil and cylinder head temperatures?

The promised manual control of navaids in the ultra glass cockpit jets is exceptionally welcome, it would be glorious if it meant a nod towards working CDUs and less reliance on the mobile app mode navigation set up. As mobile development appears to be in geological-time deep freeze, there is less need to retain the tiny phone screen friendly functionality in controlling sim' navigation. There is a risk that such a limited system could develop more and more convolution in an attempt to mimic real world capability in full size computers. GPS and FMC/CDU controls cover it all in real life and offer almost unlimited simulation potential, how about goodies such as leg altitude and speed inserts, range arcs and definable radial dme fixes?

The performance improvement of FS2 is a wonderful development. With better graphics output I hope the view out of the windows will soon show more realism with more uneven fog, convincing stratus cloud (99% of real bad weather) layers and some sort of lighting responsive water, even an interim FS (actually very nice) copy.

I have just bought Monterey, Miegs and Innsbruck sceneries, nice as they are they did not give me 1/10th the enjoyment that I got from the Dash 8 aeroplane. The view of the ground is now 'fine' to me!, remember we are simulating flights in aeroplanes. The vehicle we are virtually in is as much the experience as the passage over the ground.

• So here we see the amount of flightsim enthousiasts AFS2 needs to cater. I don't really care flying passenger planes at 20 tot 30.000 feet. I want VFR at anywhere between 300 to 3000 feet over ground, so to me performance and detailed scenery is paramount.

Ofcourse I also still want more realistic gliding experiences, thermas etc. And when I fly GA aircraft mixture and the various temperatues would be great as well. BUT - a development team can only do so much in limited time. So for now, gliding happens in Condor2 where even VR is coming up soon. Let the developers choose there own path, and I'm sire we will get everything in the end at top notch quality. If they'd listen to all our begging and whining, all that would be made is a half-half mixture of nothing.