AeroScenery Beta - Help With Testing Required

• How to I import the converted scenery into AF2? I've downloaded Aeroscenery and it's converting from google using the instructions on the first page of this thread but when I fly in the new areas it's not the new updated imagery. I feel as if I might have something setup incorrectly.

• I also have files here: ...\g\14-geoconvert-ttc

Are these correct? If so...what should I do with them?

• pkaser,

Put them where your documents/scenery files are located. You need on subfolder named /images. This image folder is where you place the completed GeoConverted files. The folder for these files that you have created can have any descriptive name. I usually identify mine with something like

North Meridian scenery Google 1m 18ar 3.14 GB or

Hattiesburg-Laurel scenery VE 1m 20 ar 4.20 GB

I want to know from the folder name whether it is Google or Virtual Earth, the quality of the scenery, how large the area is and the overall size.

aerofly fs 2/mydocuments/scenery/images/ << your new files here >>

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

Will FS2 automatically generated buildings and trees or is there another process for that?

Please see the response to this question in the other thread where you asked the same thing.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• In response to the other few posts that are on the same theme ( @pkaser  Sauracy) and anyone else reading this later:

I'm very much hoping that IPACS will implement a tweak to GeoConvert so that I know when it's finished and I can ask what the user wants to do with the generated files.

Until then, click the grid square you downloaded in the map, click "Open Image Folder" in the toolbar, browse into the folder structure and find a folder ending in "-ttc". These files then need to go into your Aerofly scenery folder or user folder (as others have detailed above).

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Thank you nickhod. I had figured that out looking at the file structure in the main Aerofly folder. This software is great so far and I’m looking forward to it having increased functionality.

I have read some of the geoconvert tutorials on the ipacs wiki but I still don’t quite understand the relationship between the levels and zoom settings. Is there a better zoom setting to use with certain levels that you choose in AeroScenery?

• I have read some of the geoconvert tutorials on the ipacs wiki but I still don’t quite understand the relationship between the levels and zoom settings. Is there a better zoom setting to use with certain levels that you choose in AeroScenery?

The next version (0.5, coming soon) has a "Choose For Me" button next to the levels. This implements my understanding of IPACS recommendations based on several factors.

If in doubt for now, run 9, 11, 12, 13 & 14 for zoom levels up to and including 17, plus 15 for zoom levels 18+.

As Trespassers mentioned, running say level 11 or 12 first and checking you're happy with the output can be a good idea, then spend the time doing the rest.

• Okay thank so for the suggestion.

That leads to another question. If I convert say levels 11 and 12 and put them in the images folder to try, can I then run geoconvert again to convert 13 and 14 and then put the .ttc files in the images folder and have everything’s work alright?

• Okay thank so for the suggestion.

That leads to another question. If I convert say levels 11 and 12 and put them in the images folder to try, can I then run geoconvert again to convert 13 and 14 and then put the .ttc files in the images folder and have everything’s work alright?

Yes, separate ttc files will be made for each level.

• The next version (0.5, coming soon) has a "Choose For Me" button next to the levels. This implements my understanding of IPACS recommendations based on several factors.

If in doubt for now, run 9, 11, 12, 13 & 14 for zoom levels up to and including 17, plus 15 for zoom levels 18+.

As Trespassers mentioned, running say level 11 or 12 first and checking you're happy with the output can be a good idea, then spend the time doing the rest.

That sounds great! The easier the tool, the more the people will use it.

• You're missing that this is if the user has selected to download a square that is only level 14 in size (possible in the next version). Scaling this up to level 9 would give terrible results.

Not sure to follow you on this : it is the very same downloaded raw material that will be used for geoconverting all levels of your scenery, for instance 9, 11, 12, 13 and 14.

Geoconverting a high res picture as level 9 simply results in a level 9 scenery, nothing more, nothing less.

First geoconverting levels 9 and 11 is a fast process enabling you to quickly check your scenery consistency on the AFS2 map or in-flight before to launch the complete geoconverting up to level 14 over the night...

It makes troubleshooting much quicker and more efficient, while saving a lot of time waiting for nothing on the windmilling geoconvert tool ;)

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Not sure to follow you on this : it is the very same downloaded raw material that will be used for geoconverting all levels of your scenery, for instance 9, 11, 12, 13 and 14.

Current version (0.4) only lets the user download level 9 sized map images. Next version (0.5) will let them download level 9, 13 & 14 sized map images. This means you can download an airport at level 20 in a sensible amount of time.

If you try to run level 9 with only level 13 size raw images, you'll end up with a mask. (I was wrong that it scales it up).

For that reason the minimum GeoConvert level allowed will correspond to the size of map images downloaded.

• nickhod,

IPACS recommends using scenery levels 9 - 14, with very limited use of small areas of level 15. Nothing greater or higher resolution than level 15. Performance issues are the stated reasons.

It might avoid confusion of the users if you could limit the terms used to those that match the IPACS scenery levels.

Regards,

Ray

• I gotta say Nick this software is working very well for me. I've done most of northern Ohio without a real hitch! Great job!

• Fyi, it runs really well multiples at the same time. I have 6 going right now all downloading level 17, then stitching. Once they are all done I will run 3 geoconverting 3 tiles each 9-14.