AeroScenery Beta - Help With Testing Required

• I have successfully done this in P3D using ScenProc but unable to get any scripts from this forum and other web links to work.

Did you try the latest pkaser script under

Generic Skyscrapers

(contrib #7). This one works for me with the most recent version of Scenproc and straight downloads of OSM scenery out of the box. Many older scripts indeed have issues.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Normally I use shape files downloaded from this web link https://extract.bbbike.org

I will try OSM but never had much luck downloading.

Thank you for your help.

Kindest regards, Michael.

Hi again Michael,

Some success with ScenProc with no errors. I used OSM Map and downloaded a very small area around an airfield and ScenProc made a fs2.toc folder.

Next question what do I do with the fs2.toc folder please?

Thank you in advance, regards Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Some success with ScenProc with no errors. I used OSM Map and downloaded a very small area around an airfield and ScenProc made a fs2.toc folder.

I don't get this folder. I only rename the downloaded OSM chunk to map.osm and, of course, adapt the ImportOGR line at the beginning and the exportTOC line an the end to my file system, and that's it. This provides me a file "map" in the named directory which I rename to map.toc (but you can also choose london.toc...).

This file can be included into an airport .tsc file like, e.g.

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][cultivation_files][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][element][0]

<[string8][filename][map]>

<[bool][auto_height][true]>

Airport files downloaded from FSCloudport should already have a blank cultivation entry.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Thank you Michael for your fast reply. I'm learning something new every day thanks to forum members like your good self.

I had never heard of FSCloudport and have downloaded Cardiff International EGFF. I have un zipped the folder and placed the contents into a GB folder as per the recommended path from the download link.

Having done that I see no buildings or runways at the airport?

This learning curve.............................thanks Michael.

• Just tried EGFF and yes it's runway and tower only. FSCloudPort airports are of varying detail, there are real masterpieces and very simple ones.

If you're really interesed in Cardiff you can ask Spit40, the author of FSCloudPort, for a login to start editing yourself. The procedure is under "Help" in FSCloudPort. In this case there is already an airport so you have to ask the original author for permission to enhance it. In this case it's Nickhod the initiator of this thread - take care he's on holiday right now.

FSCloudPort is an all-graphical tool so anyone can handle it, even me, and I contributed a hand full of airports myself.

Perhaps this is a bit off-topic in this thread, but cou can mail me a PM message for details.

Kind regards, Michael

• Now I have had more time to read this thread I realise my "BIG BLUNDER" in putting the FSET tutorial here in the first place.

Apologise to Nick in Cardiff for mucking up your topic on "AeroScenery" which I have now downloaded and learning to use instead of the old FSET.

If need be I can remove this FSET tutorial which I'm more than happy to do and apologise again for any inconvenience caused to forum members.

Kindest regards from the new boy (well 62 years old) on the block, Michael.

Hi Nick,

Firstly thank you for all your hard work in making "AeroScenery" and making it available to all users of FS2. Is it possible in the near future to have the "water mask" made automatically within a new software package please?

Kindest Regards,

Michael.

• I would like to know if the USGS panel is already working ? I can't press start or enable any checkbox on that panel :(

Is there a tuto somewhere for this software ?

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Sorry for not replying to your PM, I was on holiday, just catching up with messages now.

USGS download isn't done yet, I'll hide it in the next release until it is done (hopefully soon).

In the next week I'm going to do a video walk-through and written tutorial for AeroScenery.

Firstly thank you for all your hard work in making "AeroScenery" and making it available to all users of FS2. Is it possible in the near future to have the "water mask" made automatically within a new software package please?

Hi Michael,

When you create scenery for an area that includes large areas of water, you'll automatically get transparency in the stitched images that are generated.

In the GeoConvert tab of settings, "Write Images With Masks" needs to be on, which is the default.

The only downside to this is that you'll get a jagged edge of transparency where the Google or Bing tiles were missing. To get a smooth edge it'll require manual editing.

I'm not sure how FSET handles this as I've never used it. If it does anything better, please let me know.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

I'm not sure how FSET handles this as I've never used it. If it does anything better, please let me know.

FSET manages perfectly the smooth transition between land & sea, gracefully thanks to the use of "path" coast-lines draw in google earth and saved in a kml file

look at the link below, it's translated from french:

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=f…t-text=&act=url

• FSET manages perfectly the smooth transition between land & sea, gracefully thanks to the use of "path" coast-lines draw in google earth and saved in a kml file

look at the link below, it's translated from french:

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=f…t-text=&act=url

Thanks, I see. Drawing it by hand seems time consuming, there maybe something that can be done with OSM coastline data

http://openstreetmapdata.com/data/coastlines

• Hi,

I still have problems with misaligned photos when using Bing as the image source. When using Google the photos are aligned correctly. Am I doing something wrong or is that still a problem in the AeroScenery version 0.6 beta?

Best regards

Jürgen

Viele Grüße
    Jürgen

• I still have problems with misaligned photos when using Bing as the image source. When using Google the photos are aligned correctly. Am I doing something wrong or is that still a problem in the AeroScenery version 0.6 beta?

There's no alignment issue confirmed with 0.6, but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

If you could let me know what grid square(s) you're working on, the zoom / image detail level and whether you're changed the number of tiles stitched together I can look into it. A screenshot of the alignment problem would help too,

• I found the error on all tiles I created in the area of Munich and for the Greek island Kos. The screenshots are from the tiles map_09_8800_a800 (Erding near Munich) and map_09_9300_9c80 (LGKO Kos).

For all sceneries I work with grid square selection size 9 and AFS levels 9, 11, 12, and 13. I didn't change anything on the tiles I created.

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/10513/

• I found the error on all tiles I created in the area of Munich and for the Greek island Kos

Did you change the default "max tile per stitched image" value in the AeroScenery setup? I found changing this from the default 32 to 64 gave larger image files suitable for editing, but caused an alignment problem.

Thanks, Chris

Win 10 64-bit, 24GB RAM, i5-9400F @ 3.9, 6GB Nvidia RTX-2060

• I found the error on all tiles I created in the area of Munich and for the Greek island Kos. The screenshots are from the tiles map_09_8800_a800 (Erding near Munich) and map_09_9300_9c80 (LGKO Kos).

Thanks for the bug report. Let me know what setting you're using for "Max Tiles Per Stitched Image" and also the zoom / image detail level youre using. I'll take a look at it this week

• I don't change the value "Max tiles per stiched image". The value is 32. The GeoConvert value of "Shrink TMC grid squares" is 0 degrees - is this ok?

Yep, just need to know the zoom level you're using (slider on the top left of the main window). Probably 16 or 17 but I'd like to do everything exactly the same as you.

Also, could you confirm that this is definitely v0.6 (top right of the main window)

Thanks.