AeroScenery Beta - Help With Testing Required

• I downloaded the beta .06 files and i don't know how to get them installed. There are no installation instructions and i don't see any .exe files at all. The readme file doesn't even open as it is readme.md. How does one install this software and where are the operating instructions for use? If install isn't auto then where do these files go? I keep finding anything to do with scenery design to be a major pain, looking for the easiest way to generate higher resolution overlays for already existing scenery and default airports like the one out at area51. should be a beautiful place to fly but it is too low resolution out of the box. thanks for any help.

• I downloaded the beta .06 files and i don't know how to get them installed. There are no installation instructions and i don't see any .exe files at all. The readme file doesn't even open as it is readme.md. How does one install this software and where are the operating instructions for use? If install isn't auto then where do these files go? I keep finding anything to do with scenery design to be a major pain, looking for the easiest way to generate higher resolution overlays for already existing scenery and default airports like the one out at area51. should be a beautiful place to fly but it is too low resolution out of the box. thanks for any help.

Hi,

You need to download the MSI file below. Download, double click, it should install. You'll then be able to start AeroScenery from the Start Menu.

https://github.com/nickhod/aerosc…AeroScenery.msi

Downloading your first tile is really simple. Just follow the instructions here

https://github.com/nickhod/aeroscenery

After I get version 0.7 out, I will be doing full documentation and a few video tutorials.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Thank you so much! I am currently downloading photo content for area51. Will the files automatically go into fs aerofly 2 or do i need to put them into place? Where are they located after your converter program does the work and where do they need to go if it doesn't automatically put them there? what do you think will happen to the scenery area for nevada area51 since an airport is already there? Will the scenery i downloaded prioritize over existing fs aerofly 2 scenery and do you think the airport will showup after i overwright the scenery with your program? Sorry so many questions but i am excited to have something finally go right with my day now. Cannot wait to play around somemore with this awesome tool/program. Thank you so much!!!

• Thank you so much! I am currently downloading photo content for area51. Will the files automatically go into fs aerofly 2 or do i need to put them into place? Where are they located after your converter program does the work and where do they need to go if it doesn't automatically put them there? what do you think will happen to the scenery area for nevada area51 since an airport is already there? Will the scenery i downloaded prioritize over existing fs aerofly 2 scenery and do you think the airport will showup after i overwright the scenery with your program? Sorry so many questions but i am excited to have something finally go right with my day now. Cannot wait to play around somemore with this awesome tool/program. Thank you so much!!!

Glad you found it useful. :)

In version 0.6, one of the missing features automated install of the generated tiles. That's coming in 0.7.

To install:

1) Select the grid square you just downloaded

2) Click the folder icon in the toolbar above the map

3) Navigate through those folders until you see the "-ttc" folder. The ttc files are the final ones to install

4) In your Windows Documents folder, you should have an "Aerofly FS2" folder

5) In your Documents\Aerofly FS2\scenery\images folder, add a new folder called area51 (or whatever) and put your new ttc files in there

There will take precedence over the default install ones, so you should see those without having to remove anything.

The airport will be unaffected.

• Thank you much, i have gone back and started reading earlier post to help me understand things a little better but i still have questions. If i want to increase the resolution of the existing scenery area around area 51 in Nevada, which is currently low resolution to 1 meter resolution for 10 miles in all directions, what AFS levels should be checked and what grid square selection size should be used? I am also wondering what the Max tiles per stitched image should be at, when it should be changed, and how that number works? Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your replies, i am learning alot now.

Anyone know what to do if geoconvert stopped at 28 out of 30 tiles? there was some sort of memory problem so two were not completed now i don't know what to do or how to rerun. thx

• Anyone know what to do if geoconvert stopped at 28 out of 30 tiles? there was some sort of memory problem so two were not completed now i don't know what to do or how to rerun. thx

GeoConvert is flaky, sad to say. It crashes, freezes and refuses to work sometimes for me also.

You don't need to redownload and stitch everything. In the left sidebar there's the "Actions" area. The select "Choose Actions To Run" from the top drop down.

Now you can select which actions to run for each selected square.

Just select the square that didn't work and run GeoConvert again.

Thank you much, i have gone back and started reading earlier post to help me understand things a little better but i still have questions. If i want to increase the resolution of the existing scenery area around area 51 in Nevada, which is currently low resolution to 1 meter resolution for 10 miles in all directions, what AFS levels should be checked and what grid square selection size should be used? I am also wondering what the Max tiles per stitched image should be at, when it should be changed, and how that number works? Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your replies, i am learning alot now.

A forum user here crispy136, wrote a really detailed visual guide for AeroScenery which will probably answer those questions better than I can here.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?download/144/

• Bonjour à tous,

je viens de passer plusieurs jours à tenter de solutionner un problème avec AeroScenery ... j'ai échoué !

Je veux traiter l'île de Corse (où je réside), le gros problème est que les images issues de Google sont inutilisables pour les tuiles en bord de mer.

- grands masques de couleur loin de la couleur du fond AFS.

- grandes zones remplacées par une hideuse trame pour masquer des défauts soit de nuages, soit de reflets du soleil ...

- le fameux logo Google en mer qu'il convient de supprimer (gros travail).

- les hauts-fonds mordent sur la tracé côtier ! (très inesthétique).

J'ai tout essayé, ou presque, à savoir :

- depuis un répertoire personnel de travail ...

- retouché toutes les tuiles bord de mer depuis les fichiers 17-geoconvert-raw (et sauvegardés !)

- modifié les zones impropres en zones transparentes (couche alpha) avec PhotoFiltre Studio X.

1- Dans le répertoire working, copier/coller de ces fichiers modifiés sur le répertoire.17-geoconvert-raw

2- vidé le répertoire geoconvert-ttc

-3 vidé le répertoire stitched

Relancé AeroScenery comme suit : (dito premier lancement pour l'importation des images)

- Grid Square Selection Size : Level 9 - Large

- Image Detail : 17

- Generate AFS Levels : 9.11.12.13.14

- Actions :

Download Image Tiles : NON coché

Stitch Image Tiles : coché

Generate AID/TMC Files : coché

Rune GeoConvert : coché

... les 2 autres non cochés !

J'espérais qu'avec les images modifiées AeroScenery allait recréer les fichiers TTC à déplacer vers AFS2.

Puisque il n'avait à disposition QUE les images modifiées, je ne comprends pas qu'il me sort les TTC avec les images

google sans retouches !

J'avais déjà essayé d'autres paramétrages mais ... à chaque fois le même résultat. Le bord de mer est totalement

inacceptable, je ne vois pas quoi essayer à nouveau.

SVP si quelqu'un avait une solution, je suis en attente faute d'idée.

Dommage car le rendu intérieur de l'île est magnifique en Level 9.11.12.13.14.

AeroScenery est génial de facilité, rend possible la création de grands espaces ... mais mieux vaut être situé à l'intérieur des terres !

Je reste attentifs à vos réponses, et merci par avance !

Cordialement.

et bien évidemment, un grand merci à Mr Nickhod.

CPU Intel Core I7 6700 K @4.00 Ghz + BiQuiet Pure Rock - CM Asusteck MAXIMUS VIII RANGER - RAM GSkill Ripjaws4 DDR4 3000 16 GB - NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB - 2x SSD Samsung 500 GB 850 EVO - DD WD 2 TO.

• Salut,

Une solution serait d'utiliser la base d'orthophoto IGN disponible en licence ouverte. De plus, tu peux ensuite partager librement ton travail.

http://professionnels.ign.fr/bdortho-50cm-p…artements#tab-3

A+

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hello everyone,

You need to edit the files in the *-stitched folder rather than *-geoconvert-raw.

Sorry, this makes me realise that this isn't all that obvious, documentation will happen one day!

The raw file are mainly to check that the output of GeoConvert is what you expect without having to run the sim. After that they can be deleted.

--------------------

Vous devez modifier les fichiers du dossier * -stitched plutôt que * -geoconvert-raw.

Désolé, cela me fait comprendre que ce n'est pas si évident, la documentation arrivera un jour!

Les fichiers bruts servent principalement à vérifier que la sortie de GeoConvert correspond à ce que vous attendez sans avoir à exécuter le simulateur. Après cela, ils peuvent être supprimés.

• Bonjour, merci pour votre aide.

Je crée un autre répertoire de travail avec seulement une petite tuile en level 9 seul et fais des essais.

Cordialement

Michel

une+

à intrus ...

Merci, effectivement IGN (pour qui j'ai travaillé il y a longtemps, j'étais au SHOM), moins de problèmes avec les hauts-fonds, mais comment importer leurs images dans AeroScenery ?

une+

Michel

CPU Intel Core I7 6700 K @4.00 Ghz + BiQuiet Pure Rock - CM Asusteck MAXIMUS VIII RANGER - RAM GSkill Ripjaws4 DDR4 3000 16 GB - NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB - 2x SSD Samsung 500 GB 850 EVO - DD WD 2 TO.

• Thank you, actually IGN (for whom I worked a long time ago, I was at SHOM), less problems with the shoals, but how to import their images into AeroScenery?

You'd have to do things manually without AeroScenery unfortunately. This tutorial covers the process (if you ignore sourcing the images from USGS as you'd get them from IGN instead)

https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…enery_creation2

• Eh oui, mais je crois que USGS c'est seulement les États-Unis, et ayant goûté au charme d' AeroScenery je ne veux plus galérer avec FSEarth et autres utilitaires.

C'est tellement plus agréable avec votre soft, je suis "fan"

Les tuiles intérieure des terres ne posent aucun problème sur la Corse, mais Google en mer ... difficile.

Si je vous comprends, l'import d'images depuis IGN France n'est pas possible, dommage.

Merci

à+

Michel

• AeroScenery is only Google or Bing for now. If an orthophoto provider has an interactive map (like Google Maps) it'll be fairly easy to support to AeroScenery. It seems like IGN doesn't, which is a shame.

The tutorial I posted shows how you would take any image that you have coordinates for and get it in to Aerofly. They're doing that with USGS images, but you could do it with IGN images.

• Nickhod,

pour un essai, qu'elle procédure suivre ? :

Aeroscenery : Level 9 ... Zoom 17 ... Level 9 seul en AFS Levels...

coché Download

coché Stitch

coché Generate AID/TMC

non coché Geoconvert

en Settings : GeoConvert Write Raw Files : No ... Write Images Mask : No

... je modifie les fichiers 17-stitched ...

et ensuite, pour créer les fichiers TTC ?

Merci.

• Yes, that will work.

You may want to generate Raw files so that you can see if the output is as you want rather than having to run AFS each time.

If you're editing shoreline with transparency you'll want to have masks on or you'll get black areas.

• je retouche tous les fonds marins, les logo Google etc ... et je sélectionne le reste zone maritime en transparent (avec couche alpha) et Ctrl+x cela fonctionne. ... gros travail, je veux faire disparaître toutes les traces de masks Google.

Nockhod

donc si je veux avoir les images en Raw il me faudrait cocher GeoConvert aussi pour vérifier?

Problème: je viens d'essayer de modifier un fichier cousu g_17_stitch_4_8.png ...

je reçois l'erreur "Impossible d'enregistrer l'image dans le fichier "D:\Mes documents\Jeux\ ..." c'est un dossier de travail recopié depuis le répertoire Working créé par AeroScenery !

Question : mon fichier en cours de modifications est une copie depuis le répertoire "Working" ... ayant un lien avec son fichier "frère" aero c'est peut-être la raison de l'erreur pour le réenregistrer ?

Je refais un essai sans déplacer ce fichier .png

une+

• Yes, the GeoConvert step will create the raw files, which are just to check the output.

I'm confused about the error you received. It can't be from AeroScenery or it would be in English. It must be from your image editor? I'd recommend closing down AeroScenery and editing the *-stitched files in their original place, without moving them. They need to be kept the same dimensions / resolution for the GeoConvert stage to work.

• Merci, je pense aussi que l'erreur ne concerne pas AeroScenery.

Je viens de consulter les propriétés de chaque fichier stitch et raw et elles sont absoluments identiques.

Je pense aussi qu'il faudrait modifier le fichier stitch depuis sont répertoire d'origine et non copié/déplacé, puisqu'il semble lié avec son fichier aero. ...(?)

Je fais l'essai de suite.

une+