Major Update Approaching Gate!

• Great update guys! Not only because of the great performance, but also because of the improvements in the planes.

We finally have some decent sounds in the A320 and the MCDU working. (well, I still have to make a flight plan to check it out, but seems to be working :P)

I also like the fact that we can open the windows, and interact with a lot of new knobs! Well done!!

Now I just have to dream that the next update will include some sort of ATC system too. :D

Congratulation to all IPACS team.

• I think I found a little sound bug in the C172, but first I have to say how great it is to open the doors and windows and to hear the sound changes when the outside sound comes in...

I think the bug is related to the doors and windows:

If you are inside the Cessna and go to full throttle the outside sound will come to the inside as if the windows/doors are open. If you are at full throttle the sound does not change anymore if you open or close the windows. You will always hear the outside sound.

If you are with less power all is working as expected: The plane sounds different from the outside than from the inside and if you open the windows/doors you are able to hear some outside sound while being inside of the plane.

• With Vsync on (as I need it on), I am noticing with it on there's still a little bit of screen tearing. In the old version there is absolutely none.

That's because it seems vsync doesn't work with Vulkan: I also get tearing with Vulkan and fps stays high (above 60). What is your fps with Vulkan? If it is above 60 then vsync isn't working on your computer also. Hence the tearing. With OpenGL vsync works fine.

EDIT

Just gave it another try: no vsync with Vulkan so I am back to OpenGL: the tearing is too terrible with TrackIR. Pity, because I really like the new AA! Hopefully IPACS will be able to enable vsync for Vulkan soon.

Edited once, last by J van E (June 30, 2018 at 11:00 AM).

• We finally have some decent sounds in the A320 and the MCDU working. (well, I still have to make a flight plan to check it out, but seems to be working :P)

You can look at things but not edit them all, so for instance you won't be able to enter a flightplan in the MCDU. The performance pages work almost completely though. It's nice though that we now have something to look at and to click on anyway! ;) The same goes for most of the buttons and switches: almost all move and click but most don't have an effect. Check the Wiki to see what DOES work with this new update!

• Nice windshield wipers, now we need some rain :D

I forgot to mention those hahaha...
    There are even more easter eggs in the sim now, try to make a rough landing with the 737...

The A320 seems to have received the most attention which is somewhat understandable.

Well a lot of that was already in "my version" of the A320 but just hadn't been enabled yet.

• I think I found a little sound bug in the C172, but first I have to say how great it is to open the doors and windows and to hear the sound changes when the outside sound comes in...

I think the bug is related to the doors and windows:

If you are inside the Cessna and go to full throttle the outside sound will come to the inside as if the windows/doors are open. If you are at full throttle the sound does not change anymore if you open or close the windows. You will always hear the outside sound.

If you are with less power all is working as expected: The plane sounds different from the outside than from the inside and if you open the windows/doors you are able to hear some outside sound while being inside of the plane.

Yes, I added that last minute, should have been more careful with my copy pasting :)

Sometimes when you scroll through text the mouse wheel jumps one click too far, that's when I missed a line where the volume should have been quieter but now its just too loud... I'll try to fix that first thing on Monday :)

• Great update guys! Not only because of the great performance, but also because of the improvements in the planes.

We finally have some decent sounds in the A320 and the MCDU working. (well, I still have to make a flight plan to check it out, but seems to be working :P)

I also like the fact that we can open the windows, and interact with a lot of new knobs! Well done!!

Now I just have to dream that the next update will include some sort of ATC system too. :D

Congratulation to all IPACS team.

Please check out the change log to see more information about what was actually added and what wasn't:

https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…rsion_changelog

Right now you can't edit the flight plan from within the MCDU just yet.

• I'll try to fix that first thing on Monday

Thanks for your great work!

BTW i love the new Vulcan implementation. I did never had any fps issues (running on a 1080 and a i7-6700k with 32GB Ram) and was always monitor limited (60 Hz) but i did have some stutter when displaying clouds and turning view. These stutters where only noticeable with V-Sync enabled. Without V-Sync the sim was always smooth as hell but with frames between 130-300 fps my GPU was producing some noice (german: "spulenfiepen" i don't know how to say in English). But with the new Vulcan it runs without any stutter great at 60 fps!

That's because it seems vsync doesn't work with Vulkan: I also get tearing with Vulkan and fps stays high (above 60). What is your fps with Vulkan? If it is above 60 then vsync isn't working on your computer also. Hence the tearing. With OpenGL vsync works fine.

EDIT

Just gave it another try: no vsync with Vulkan so I am back to OpenGL: the tearing is too terrible with TrackIR. Pity, because I really like the new AA! Hopefully IPACS will be able to enable vsync for Vulkan soon.

Did you try to leave the V-Sync to off inside the Aerofly FS2 setup but to enable it globaly in your GPU settings? This works great for me....

Regards

Philip

• I seem to have no issues with screen tearing. Could be because I have a Vsync monitor.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Did you try to leave the V-Sync to off inside the Aerofly FS2 setup but to enable it globaly in your GPU settings? This works great for me....

LOL I just came back here to say that forcing vsync in the nVidia panels works and then I read your post, haha! So yes, that works indeed! Great!!! The new AA is really awesome so I am happy I can use that now! I remember posting about the AA a few times during the last months and I am very happy IPACS listened! ;)

BTW I still have vsync on in AFS2 and it works anyway but I will turn it off in AFS2 to maybe prevent two systems working against each other (I have no clue LOL). And also, I simply use ON and not Adaptive. Don't really know what the difference is... (I'll Google it) but well, it works and that's important!;)

EDIT

Googled it: Adaptive also prevents tearing that is cause by fps dropping below the cap of 60. This doesn't happen in AFS2 so the setting of On works just as well but I read that quite a few people have better performance anyway with Adaptive so I will use that too!

Edited once, last by J van E (June 30, 2018 at 11:16 AM).

• I am flying the Airbus now, my old favorite (before the Dash came) and it's great! I noticed the handling during take off has been improved: I always had to struggle and pull the joystick back a few times to get going but now it takes off smoothly! I also notice different, fuller sounds, like when I passed 10.000 ft and speed went up. It's also awesome being able to check various MCDU pages like the flightplan: that was a 'dead' page before, wasn't it? Anyway, it shows the current flightplan now. Checking PERF is nice too. I also see the fuel change: is that new too? Can't remember. (Is the amount of loaded fuel based on the flightplan...? I'll check that later on.)

Anyway, what a MAJOR improvement! This is one of the best updates so far, also with the new Vulkan AA setting! :) IPACS clearly has been working hard while I was mainly moaning... 8)8o

EDIT

The PROG page also shows the VDEV: is that new too? What I do notice is how well the plane stays near the green dot on the altitude tape! I posted about problems with this just some two weeks ago, that I suddenly had to use the speed brake a lot, but now the plane stays in THR IDLE and maintains a good descent!

And wow, this seems new too: I forgot to check the altitude of my destination and so I set my approach altitude way too low (3000ft) but then I saw the flightplan had constraints added to it (6470) and the plane kept it perfectly! Nice!

Unfortunately I thought I selected an runway with an ILS (according to the planner) but there wasn't an ILS (this really happens too often) so I came in too low but the autothrottle did a PERFECT job when I turned off the AP and flew the plane myself. That felt really good btw: nice and heavy but smooth. The landing was perfect (no sound when I touched the runway though?!). And the reverse thrust did work fine here (I read it didn't work for others?)

Great sounds all the way too! As I said, great update!

Edited 2 times, last by J van E (June 30, 2018 at 11:46 AM).

• I am flying the Airbus now, my old favorite (before the Dash came) and it's great! I noticed the handling during take off has been improved: I always had to struggle and pull the joystick back a few times to get going but now it takes off smoothly! I also notice different, fuller sounds, like when I passed 10.000 ft and speed went up. It's also awesome being able to check various MCDU pages like the flightplan: that was a 'dead' page before, wasn't it? Anyway, it shows the current flightplan now. Checking PERF is nice too. I also see the fuel change: is that new too? Can't remember.

Anyway, what a MAJOR improvement! This is one of the best updates so far, also with the new Vulkan AA setting! :) IPACS clearly has been working hard while I was mainly moaning... 8)8o

The flight plan page is new, you couldn't open it before.

In fact more than 20 pages are new and have not been in the A320 before, the fuel page is one of them but so are the performance pages after the takeoff!

And the good news is: the concept behind those pages works for all aircraft, not specific to the A320 but it can be used for the 747, Learjet, Q400 and C90 as well.

• The flight plan page is new, you couldn't open it before.

I edited my post a few times in the meantime and as you can see I am very happy with all the new stuff! I did read the release notes and saw the long list of changes but seeing and hearing everything in the sim itself still surprised me! Loving it! So great being able to monitor a lot of things! I will be flying the Airbus more often again now! (I only fly the Dash, Airbus and Cessna.)

EDIT
    Just checked and noticed the fuel on the Airbus always is something like 3120 when you start a flight, no matter how long the flight is. What happens when it reaches zero on a very long flight? I like that I can see the fuel flow and how the numbers are changing but I suppose I can keep on flying when it reaches zero...? (Don't have the time to test that LOL)

• I edited my post a few times in the meantime and as you can see I am very happy with all the new stuff! I did read the release notes and saw the long list of changes but seeing and hearing everything in the sim itself still surprised me! Loving it! So great being able to monitor a lot of things! I will be flying the Airbus more often again now! (I only fly the Dash, Airbus and Cessna.)

EDIT
    Just checked and noticed the fuel on the Airbus always is something like 3120 when you start a flight, no matter how long the flight is. What happens when it reaches zero on a very long flight? I like that I can see the fuel flow and how the numbers are changing but I suppose I can keep on flying when it reaches zero...? (Don't have the time to test that LOL)

Right now the engines will continue to run, even when fuel drops to 0.

• Right now the engines will continue to run, even when fuel drops to 0.

Good to know! I am only flying short hops anyway (max 400 nm) so I'm good! It's nice to see those number changing anyway! :)

• Trying to choose the Dr-400 does crash the sim for me, though. LOL, updates never fail to kill the poor little plane. :P^^

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I have noticed an obvious improvement in performance in OpenGL on my system. Sadly Vulkan seems to perform worse for me with my computer than OpenGL does. Oh well, maybe when it is tweeked Vulkan will get better for my rig.

A most welcome and appreciated update!

• I never spent time in the Corsair before, but looking through everything tonight, are there two new colour schemes for this aircraft in the new release, or did I just miss these in the past?

I also like the look of the HUD in the Dash8

- Kenneth

I forgot to mention those hahaha...
    There are even more easter eggs in the sim now, try to make a rough landing with the 737...

Well a lot of that was already in "my version" of the A320 but just hadn't been enabled yet.

Two new paints. I really like both of them, especially the new Navy one.l

I also like the q400 hud.

Regards,

Ray

• I forgot to mention those hahaha...

Jan,

Do you also have an improved “my version” of the B737-500, maybe with working CDUs? and fuel gauges with decreasing values like the Lear?

Is there an upgrade in works for the A320 flight tutorial that uses some of these upgrades?

Anyone working on the first version of a tutorial for the B737-500? How about the 737 paintkit?

Regards,

Ray