Major Update Approaching Gate!

• This is magnificent, thank you all for the biggest grin on my face for a long time.

The 737 ADF works and it is brilliant !

I have tried the ADF panel's ANT, BFO and gain together with the audio panel, they do move but is audio ident working? It is superb the way it is, just being sure of the precise frequency is a bit tricky, for 268 KHz RT at New York 270 looks best from the right seat, I must try it from the left seat, the 2 KHz difference from 268 might be simulated parallax?

My 2GB GTX 950 didn't go well with Vulkan, I got an enormous permanent diamond shaped cloud shadow like patch on the ground flying east of JFK together with some panel frame flicker, changing the antialiasing setting did not affect this.

Has anyone got the manual ILS working on the 747?, I get the left side ILS entry come up with the VOR selector but of course don't get a glideslope. The ILS selector shows a random setting irrespective of the left frequency and course set, is it perhaps reserved for the copilot route function?

I must read the changes list! Thanks again. The ADF alone is an amazing achievement.

• This is magnificent, thank you all for the biggest grin on my face for a long time.

The 737 ADF works and it is brilliant !

I have tried the ADF panel's ANT, BFO and gain together with the audio panel, they do move but is audio ident working? It is superb the way it is, just being sure of the precise frequency is a bit tricky, for 268 KHz RT at New York 270 looks best from the right seat, I must try it from the left seat, the 2 KHz difference from 268 might be simulated parallax?

:)

Nav station ident is not implemented yet.

For the ADF tuning just use the needle on the top right, it should deflect if you receive a signal ;)

I think I "calibrated" the device looking straight down, so any shift is caused by parallax, yes.

I'll check out the ILS in the 747, see if I can reproduce this.

• but when I turned on vsync (which I only turned off for testing purposes) fps stayed high and I still got tearing.

I'm experiencing exactly this since day one of using Aerofly. And that's with OpenGL, mind you. I've never got Aerofly's vsync to work on my GPU (Radeon RX 580). And I don't have this issue with other software.

• I am using a gtx 1080 ti card - and using default setting 120fps. When I switch to vsync, I see no difference (graphics).

I have never used vsync before - so I may not know what to look for..... :)

You have to look at the current frames-per-second (fps) while playing. When vsync is enabled, fps should be the same as the refresh rate of your display, e. g. 60 fps on a 60 Hz monitor.

• Thank you for the great update! I am very excited about the many new features in the A320! The sound is good too. Unfortunately, the reverse thrust does not work anymore. Maybe you can check that again please.

How do you get away from the gate? is there a pushback?

Best regards

• Official Post

Thank you for the great update! I am very excited about the many new features in the A320! The sound is good too. Unfortunately, the reverse thrust does not work anymore. Maybe you can check that again please.

How do you get away from the gate? is there a pushback?

Best regards

Sorry but no pushback just yet. Just go full rudder and pump the throttle :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Guys playing around with the update might want to take a look at night lighting........... :)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Have just done a test with Vulkan and high AA. With a 1070 8GB, it definitely pushes the GPU. The new AA makes the environment look even more real, and yet the performance is still so stable and smooth. Also the night lights now look less fuzzy, more clear and defined. It all looks superb. Amazing work guys, keep it up! :) I hope with the new engine some more graphics improvements are on the way.

All the improvements to the planes are really cool too. I like how you are particularly pushing for more realism with the Q400 and A320. I'll have to give the A320 a good test to see all the improvements. The HUD in the Q400 is looking real nice. I'm looking really forward to when the FMS/CDUs are full-fledged for flight plans, but I am aware you've stated this will come after ATC arrives, which is a fair decision.

Also I really appreciate the improvements to the VR hands. :)I have been hoping you'd improve the accuracy and hit boxes. Will give it a good test later. I wish to express once again though - please consider allowing for assignments on the Oculus controllers, especially with those two main buttons. What's also still annoying me with VR hands is how difficult it is to set trim. In another sim with VR there's a feature where you can tweak knobs and stuff from a distance with your controller so you don't have to go right up to it. Otherwise buttons on the controllers assignable to it would help.

With Vsync on (as I need it on), I am noticing with it on there's still a little bit of screen tearing. In the old version there is absolutely none.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Official Post

please consider allowing for assignments on the Oculus controllers, especially with those two main buttons

Noted. This is something that we may look at down the road a bit, but the reason why no buttons are assignable is that the Vive controllers have less functionality than Touch and we wanted a common function set amongst all VR motion controllers. This makes it much easier to maintain and manage.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• All this sounds very exciting. When will DVD Aeroflyers get a chance?

Great job, IPACS! ✈️

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

• Official Post

All this sounds very exciting. When will DVD Aeroflyers get a chance?

Great job, IPACS! ✈️

This update is currently in Steam public beta. Once it leaves beta and is confirmed as a solid build we will make it available to DVD owners.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks so much for the response Dr.! At my age of 61, I’ve waited a long time for Aerofly FS2.

I know many others have waited as well. Thanks so much for making the wait more than worthwhile.

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

• The A320 seems to have received the most attention which is somewhat understandable. Too bad the B737 didn't at least get power to the cdu, but I see the a/s bug is now moveable and a few more switches and buttons can be clicked and turned, even it the action has no affect. At least it is starting to look alive with some of the o/h panel indicators lighting up.

The HUD for the Q400 appears to be an outstanding addition - very sharp and easy to read. I think I will start flying it.

Little by little all these small additions add to the immersion. Cabin doors and window movements are welcomed. Just having the fuel quantity slowly decrease in the Learjet 45 is nice and I am really glad to see the throttle position is showing on the EICAS. Every new Crew Warning is also appreciated.

I didn't have time to check it out, but it looks like the general tuneup failed to address the poor high altitude performance of the Learjet.

I was expecting the R-22 to be included in this big update. Oh well, one day.

Thanks to the team for the update.

Regards.

Ray

• I never spent time in the Corsair before, but looking through everything tonight, are there two new colour schemes for this aircraft in the new release, or did I just miss these in the past?

I also like the look of the HUD in the Dash8

- Kenneth