Major Update Approaching Gate!

• Hi Ray,

no, right now "my version" is your version.

The tutorials need a little bit of updating, since we can now drag levers with the mouse or VR hands but one thing at a time, lets first iron out the few bugs you found and then we will see what comes after that.

Fair enough.

Priority wise, I suggest a basic flight tutorial for the 737 before spending time on enhancements to the existing flight tutorials. In the real world, there are a lot more 737 pilots and retired pilots than the A320, for sure.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi guys, do I have to bring my rig to my shop for the update? Slow and expensive internet connection at home.

I mean how big is the update?

Thanks

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• I cannot enable Vulcan. Each time I go back to the settings it is off. Does this mean my system is not compatible?

Win7 Home premium with 16 GB ram. Ge force GTX 780 TI with 3GB ram

BTW, thank you for adding 6 decimals in the coordinates display. This is very helpful for us developers.

Best, Sylvain

• Official Post

sylvain: The GTX should be Vulkan compatible. Maybe send us the tm.log file right after you tried enabling Vulkan.

For developers we also have the developer camera enabled without hacks in the main.mcf. Press CONTROL+F8 to enable this camera. Hold left mouse button and move mouse to look around. Use 'W' and 'S' keys to move around. Press 'R' to go close to the airplane again.

• sylvain: The GTX should be Vulkan compatible. Maybe send us the tm.log file right after you tried enabling Vulkan.

For developers we also have the developer camera enabled without hacks in the main.mcf. Press CONTROL+F8 to enable this camera. Hold left mouse button and move mouse to look around. Use 'W' and 'S' keys to move around. Press 'R' to go close to the airplane again.

Here is what I see in the tm.log file

Code
    0.38-tmmodule:          could not connect with a Vulkan Runtime library.
    0.38-tmcollision:       ERROR:  (unable to load vulkan library)

tm.txt

Best, Sylvain

• sylvain: The GTX should be Vulkan compatible. Maybe send us the tm.log file right after you tried enabling Vulkan.

Hello Admin,

I am on vacation and brought an old pc I had in the closet with me just in case the R-22 was released. It wasn't as you know, but, I downloaded the "big update" to see what was added. I also can't seem to use the Vulkan at all. I select it but it is unselected when I check back. But, the OpenGL seems to run just fine and looks good on the screen with the 3+ year old system.

Here are the pc specs.

Regards,

Ray

• Maybe you need to download the Vulkan drivers? https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Or not. I have no idea.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Jan,

I am flying the Learjet 45 and checking the gauges for any Easter eggs and I am puzzled by the term KPH for Fuel Flow. I understand the Kgs for Fuel Quantity but I am at a loss for the FF measurement. We have not moved to metric in the deep woods of Mississippi, yet. Google failed me on this one.

An option to use Pounds would be well received in this area.

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

Found KPH in the examples provided in the Learjet 45 operating manuals plus that is what we saw when we were on board the real aircraft.

That KPH is "kilograms per hour" (kg/h) which is not a SI unit, "kilograms per second" would be. And kg/s is a very command unit when you talk about mass flow. E.g. it comes up when you want to calculate the thrust of an engine or a propeller or a rotor for that matter. More mass flow of air means more thrust while more mass flow of fuel means shorter flight time...

So generally speaking: if you have kilograms of fuel on board and divide that by kilograms fuel flow per hour that gives you remaining flight time in hours.

Same would be true for fuel quantity in pounds and fuel flow in pounds per hour (PPH), that would give you the exact same flight time.

All you're doing is scaling the values on the display, e.g. in pounds the fuel on board would have roughly a figure twice as high while at the same time the fuel flow would be twice as high as well.

• In precise numbers the amount in Lbs/hr is 2.205 times the amount in KPH (Kgs/hr). There are very good conversion utilities on the net, look for Madison’s Convert, a very nice app that converts everything you could think of.

Cheers, Ed

• I noticed that the shadow quality 'niedrig' und 'mittel' produce flickering and squares in Vulkan (tested inside Cessna cockpit). From 'hoch' upwards it is fine. No problem with OpenGL.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Nice update!

I really like the Q400 early HUD implementation! It looks great! Hoping for more HGS love down the road. (HGS Control Panel functionality IMC, AIII etc.)

F/A-18 E-bracket with on speed AOA @8.1 nice!

Opening canopies, sweet.

This sim just keeps getting better and better!! :)

• I just had a flight with a320 from zurich to Innsbruck in Vulkan. Wonderful! Very excelent! great sound!

It's just minor things that I noticed, as previously reported, the thrust reverse does not work for me and the sound for no smoking can be a little louder.

Thanks for the update!