Major Update Approaching Gate!

• Official Post

What kind of devices do you use for the reverser?

And can you confirm that it is only the A320 or are the 747 and 737 also affected? How about the Learjet?

I've tested different configurations for joystick axes in the past and they all worked, I'm using a button for the reverse and that works and also creates sound!

• ok so Vulkan is terrific with G-sync. I see only occasional glitching (sudden terrain and texture flashes in the blink of an eye) and no tearing. In fact - this flight sim is the smoothest I have yet seen.

I am running on an Intel 7 series at 3.6 ghz Win 7/64 with a GTX1050ti and 16gigs Ram on an SSD

Aircraft improvements are welcome. The ability to shut down after taxiing to parking is kind of a big deal here.

I would also like the option to cold start the airplane rather than spawn with the motor running. Maybe if that were the default state when selecting a parking spot as spawn point? No point in selecting approach or the takeoff position with the engine(s) off is there? ..but if I want to start from the apron or ramp let's have the engine off please and let the pilot (user) fire them up.

Still looking forward to AI traffic, Comms, ATC, and any other signs of life in the sim you care to provide - in any order you like.

But I will say that when I want to fly a plane without pop-up auto gen, micro stutters, and with what appears to be more than 60 fps as a baseline no one can touch you guys. Well Done.

The beta installed just fine - I also added the Utah, Colorado, and enhanced Southwest textures along with your Q400..all looking very nice. Thank You

"We'll use the Hornet, strip the planes down as light as we can, and use the best pilots we can find" - Jimmy Doolittle

Edited once, last by heywooood (July 1, 2018 at 1:10 AM).

• oh it would also be nice to have a 'dynamic' spot view - or 'floating' spot view - as opposed to the rigid and non realistic 'airplane on a stick' view currently available. The flyby view is nice - however - is it just me or are these planes too quiet in external view?

To be fair I have only flown the Corsair, C172, and the Jungmeister, so far since I updated to the beta

"We'll use the Hornet, strip the planes down as light as we can, and use the best pilots we can find" - Jimmy Doolittle

• I have a small question, some wile ago I updated my GPU driver and after doing so I lost all glass instrument-cockpit, I was told here to reverse to the working one and I did, glass cockpit came back. I have never tried again to update my GPU driver (GTX 1060 6G)

I think that in this thread we where told to update our GPU driver to the latest? Is that a must for Vulcan? (or this update?)

Many thanks

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• Official Post

I have a small question, some wile ago I updated my GPU driver and after doing so I lost all glass instrument-cockpit, I was told here to reverse to the working one and I did, glass cockpit came back. I have never tried again to update my GPU driver (GTX 1060 6G)

I think that in this thread we where told to update our GPU driver to the latest? Is that a must for Vulcan? (or this update?)

Many thanks

Ben

Just try it and if it doesn't work you'll need to update if you absolutely want to use Vulcan. Vulcan is also optional, you don't have to use it.

• What kind of devices do you use for the reverser?

And can you confirm that it is only the A320 or are the 747 and 737 also affected? How about the Learjet?

I've tested different configurations for joystick axes in the past and they all worked, I'm using a button for the reverse and that works and also creates sound!

Jan,

Learjet 45 and B737 reversers work just fine. Didn't try the other two.

Regards,

Ray

• What do we need to do to try Vulcan?

I selected it and immediately I got black screen in my oculus rift. Still had sound in the rift and the visuals were still fine on my monitor but nothing but black screen in the rift.

Intel core i5 3570K @3.40ghz

16GB ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX970

ForceWare 388.71

• I've tested different configurations for joystick axes in the past and they all worked, I'm using a button for the reverse and that works and also creates sound!

I have the F2 key assigned and it worked fine after landing.

oh it would also be nice to have a 'dynamic' spot view - or 'floating' spot view - as opposed to the rigid and non realistic 'airplane on a stick' view currently available.

Did you try the developer view? Control-F8

Use mouse (left-click and drag to look around, S and W keys to move forward or backward (in the direction you are looking, R to reset view to plane). You can go anywhere with this view.

I've tested different configurations for joystick axes in the past and they all worked, I'm using a button for the reverse and that works and also creates sound! It also does not work with a keyboard and not with the mouse. before the update, the reverse functioned, the sound was also available

I use saitek / Thrustmaster 1600m and TW3 throttle. The reverse works perfectly in the lerjet. it does not work in a320, 737, 747.also over keyboard or with mouse no function of the reverser is present

Edited once, last by Mr.Mg (June 30, 2018 at 11:50 PM).

• Maybe it is a sign of the climate change: my cultivated Berne aerea shows a lot of palm trees since the update. Also I cannot see any houses with gable roofs anymore, just flat. What has changed with the last update in relation with cultivation?

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Official Post

Ehhh.. what about pc dvd users ?

No update ?

This update was released as a beta in Steam. Once it moves out of beta we will work on updating the DVD and stand alone versions.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• To the whole IPACS team, well done and thank you :)

This is a great update and should please just about everyone.

Keep it up, AFS2 No1 in my books :thumbup:

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

After the update something happened regarding to the thrust reversers. I have my thrust reversers mapped to the Thrustmaster T.16000M Slider that's in front of the Joystick, and also to the F2 on the keyboard:

1. Learjet: both F2 and the Slider work.

2. B737, B747, A320: only F2 works. The Slider doesn't work.

Hope this information will help you to find a solution that would put the T.16000M slider to work (it's more realistic) in all the cases.

Cheers, Ed

• For developers we also have the developer camera enabled without hacks in the main.mcf. Press CONTROL+F8 to enable this camera. Hold left mouse button and move mouse to look around. Use 'W' and 'S' keys to move around. Press 'R' to go close to the airplane again.

Nice feature, very useful to develop scenery.

I have a question. Once you are in developers camera mode pressing Ctrl+F8, what's the best and easier way to leave from this mode and return to normal flying (I know the "R" key is used to reset the view, but you're still within the mode). So far, to leave to normal flying again, I have to restart the simulator, go to the cabin view and press ESC, which looks complicated.

Cheers, Ed

• Official Post

Has anyone else noticed that the Controller Setup (Settings/controls menu) now has a section for HELICOPTER controls? Maybe this is a good sign for that R22.

Very observant :) It's indeed coming but please give us some time to get it finished up.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

Nice feature, very useful to develop scenery.

I have a question. Once you are in developers camera mode pressing Ctrl+F8, what's the best and easier way to leave from this mode and return to normal flying (I know the "R" key is used to reset the view, but you're still within the mode). So far, to leave to normal flying again, I have to restart the simulator, go to the cabin view and press ESC, which looks complicated.

Cheers, Ed

Thank you for confirming this, now I don't need to search for a but in the A320, it has to do with the reverse axis on my new type of control input.

Just wondering if you can give me even more specific details on how you mapped your throttle and reverse?
    - do you have several throttle axes for throttle 1 though 4 or for nr 1 and ( 2, 3, 4 )?

- do you have only one reverse axis or do you have multiple?

• I have a question. Once you are in developers camera mode pressing Ctrl+F8, what's the best and easier way to leave from this mode and return to normal flying (I know the "R" key is used to reset the view, but you're still within the mode). So far, to leave to normal flying again, I have to restart the simulator, go to the cabin view and press ESC, which looks complicated.

Simply press 1 to go back to the cockpit view...? Doesn't that work? You should be able to use any of the view keys (1 to 6) to go to those views. Control-F8 also pauses the sim so after getting back to the cockpit press P to unpause.