Major Update Approaching Gate!

• Thank you for confirming this, now I don't need to search for a but in the A320, it has to do with the reverse axis on my new type of control input.

Just wondering if you can give me even more specific details on how you mapped your throttle and reverse?
    - do you have several throttle axes for throttle 1 though 4 or for nr 1 and ( 2, 3, 4 )?

- do you have only one reverse axis or do you have multiple?

Hello Jan, info to the reverse a320.

I only programmed thrust on the trustmaster twcs throttle. Reverse thrust I have only the button 1 on trustmaster TM1600 (fire button) still without function, before the update flawlessly

• I have good news:

Reverser is back in function, by a 320,737 and 747

thanks for everything, good job!

Best regards

For clarification, the reversers are working in these aircraft even after the update. The issue is that *some* joystick assignments are not working with them and this issue is known by IPACS. They should release an update to correct it, something that just hasn't happened yet.

• Is it just me or do the C90 and the Baron seem to require full power to get up to any sort of speed in the air, now.......?

I've had a few incidents where I'v just fallen right out of the air unless I keep the peddle to the metal.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Official Post

The C90 has had a custom engine model added a few updates back... its power lever has flight idle power at 40%, so anything below that lever input is not adding power... So 70% input is roughly only 50% power. The torque on the engines is still accurate, so total thrust should be pretty accurate as well but I'll double check that.

Baron was not really changed in this update I think, it might be that it has more drag with the little bit of extra flap deflection now, but that would only noticable with full flap...

So question back: at which altitude are you currently flying? Cause power reduces with altitude...

• The C90 has had a custom engine model added a few updates back... its power lever has flight idle power at 40%, so anything below that lever input is not adding power... So 70% input is roughly only 50% power. The torque on the engines is still accurate, so total thrust should be pretty accurate as well but I'll double check that.

Baron was not really changed in this update I think, it might be that it has more drag with the little bit of extra flap deflection now, but that would only noticable with full flap...

So question back: at which altitude are you currently flying? Cause power reduces with altitude...

Maybe 100/200 feet? Beta testing requires me to fly low to look for scenery faults....... At which point the C90 becomes unstable, quietly tilts sideways and falls out of the sky, unless you push it to the stops and pray. BOOM!

I've switched to the Cessna. :P

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I just did some testing with OGL vs. Vulkan. This is single monitor, non VR test.

Test flight took place over Manhattan heading east. Details on Ultra. Quite a few buildings in front of me, but no sky scrapers. Went back and forth several times to make sure of the results. FPS is rounded, as they did jump by 10 or so FPS.

OGL: Solid 240 FPS (super fantastic for the level of detail!)

Vulkan with advanced AA off: 275-280 FPS

Vulkan with advanced AA on: Solid 265 FPS

On my PC I am seeing close to 40FPS difference between OGL and Vulkan! Unbelievable. Even with the advanced AA on, I get higher FPS than OGL.

PC specs: Asus Prime Z270-A, i7 7700k (slightly overclocked), 16gb, and GTX 1080 (non TI)

• Thanks for the update! I'm running on a gtx1060 6gb and an oculus rift. When I turn on Vulcan, I get a fine picture on the display, but the rift is black. Switching back to OpenGL fixes it, but I was just wondering if there were other settings I should make.

Thanks -

Ray

• Official Post

Anybody else think the engine sound on the Cessna 172 is a lot louder than the other aircraft.

It is for me. If I get it right for the others then go to the cessna, it blows my ears off.

Has already been reported and the fix will probably be there for you shortly

• Thanks for the update! I'm running on a gtx1060 6gb and an oculus rift. When I turn on Vulcan, I get a fine picture on the display, but the rift is black. Switching back to OpenGL fixes it, but I was just wondering if there were other settings I should make.

Thanks -

Ray

I had exactly the same issue last night when I gave it a quick test. I'm guessing a driver update will fix it, but could the devs confirm which driver version is recommended to get Vulkan working right? Or is it on the Oculus side maybe?

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• The Vulcan / Oculus rift blank screen might be linked to the NVIDIA drivers that are installed as part of the Windows Update procedure. We recommend to download a dedicated NVIDIA driver from http://www.nvidia.com and install it. This should fix the issue.

Same config/problem for me - I'm using Nvidia's auto-update and accept/download their latest drivers

• The Vulcan / Oculus rift blank screen might be linked to the NVIDIA drivers that are installed as part of the Windows Update procedure. We recommend to download a dedicated NVIDIA driver from http://www.nvidia.com and install it. This should fix the issue.

That's probably it, I've tended just to let windows update things recently, so long as stuff works there's no point wasting time faffing like we did in the old days, but once something isn't working it's time to step in and do it manually. It's not that long ago that installing any game took hours of patching, updating and generally wasting time, things are much better these days.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Just tried the update and it is fantastic in OpenGL. Thanks for your hard work.

Vulkan gives me the SteamVR message "Aerofly FS2 unresponsive". I can see Aerofly FS2 properly on my desktop but not in my VR headset (it just loads a SteamVR menu screen that shows the 3 little bars working to try and load the application).

I have downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers myself and installed (just did that a few hours ago).

Vive Headset, GTX 1080, i7 6770, Windows 10, 16GB RAM. All software up to date.