Major Update Approaching Gate!

• The Vulcan / Oculus rift blank screen might be linked to the NVIDIA drivers that are installed as part of the Windows Update procedure. We recommend to download a dedicated NVIDIA driver from http://www.nvidia.com and install it. This should fix the issue.

That worked. If you're having the same problem, please note that I needed to follow the above advice exactly. If you are using the Nvidea experience to keep up to date with your drivers, it didn't work for me. I needed to download the exact drive for my GTX 1060 6gb card. That did the trick, and I'm now exploring the features of the new upgrade. Thanks for the help everyone!

• That worked. If you're having the same problem, please note that I needed to follow the above advice exactly. If you are using the Nvidea experience to keep up to date with your drivers, it didn't work for me. I needed to download the exact drive for my GTX 1060 6gb card. That did the trick, and I'm now exploring the features of the new upgrade. Thanks for the help everyone!

Good to hear. Thanks for reporting back.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi, nice work on this update. I am very happy that the boeing 737 lands really good now. But, during take off, specifically on rotation, the attitude still stuck so you can not reach a 15 degree attitude smoothly. Please take note of that. The take off on the A320 is OK. Thank You!!

Mario

First Officer LATAM Boeing 787

• Official Post

Hi, nice work on this update. I am very happy that the boeing 737 lands really good now. But, during take off, specifically on rotation, the attitude still stuck so you can not reach a 15 degree attitude smoothly. Please take note of that. The take off on the A320 is OK. Thank You!!

Mario

That's already noted

• Hi, nice work on this update. I am very happy that the boeing 737 lands really good now. But, during take off, specifically on rotation, the attitude still stuck so you can not reach a 15 degree attitude smoothly. Please take note of that. The take off on the A320 is OK. Thank You!!

Mario

Haven’t had a chance to play much with Aerofly since the big update as I’ve been out on trips, but if what you describe in that you have troubles reaching 15 degree attitude for take-off “smoothly”, that sounds like they’ve NAILED it;-) Been a long time since I flew the 737 on the line, but that’s exactly how I remember it. You reach stagnation in rotation at around 8-10 degrees with an even backpressure, and it requires an extra “haul back” on the yoke to get it through to where you need it for rotation. I transitioned to A330 about a year ago, but spent the last 8 years before that on the 777 and it also exhibits some of the same characteristics in rotation - it would happily waffle along with the nose 10 degrees up during rotation, unless you made a concerted (that got turned into sub-conscious with “experience in type”) effort to bring the nose through stagnation in rotation.

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Also want to chime in and sing the praises of the Aerofly team for this big update. I am absolutely gob-smacked at how smooth it now runs in VR on the Oculus using Open GL. Got the black screen trying out Vulcan but haven’t had the time to try out different drivers etc. Having said that - currently no need or inclination to waste time on it. This is Perfection in VR you guys!! Love it, love it, love,it!!!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Haven’t had a chance to play much with Aerofly since the big update as I’ve been out on trips, but if what you describe in that you have troubles reaching 15 degree attitude for take-off “smoothly”, that sounds like they’ve NAILED it;-) Been a long time since I flew the 737 on the line, but that’s exactly how I remember it. You reach stagnation in rotation at around 8-10 degrees with an even backpressure, and it requires an extra “haul back” on the yoke to get it through to where you need it for rotation. I transitioned to A330 about a year ago, but spent the last 8 years before that on the 777 and it also exhibits some of the same characteristics in rotation - it would happily waffle along with the nose 10 degrees up during rotation, unless you made a concerted (that got turned into sub-conscious with “experience in type”) effort to bring the nose through stagnation in rotation.

totally agree! I have never flown the boeing 737, but I know that happens. The problem here is different. Try to take off this aircraft, and just when you feel you need to apply more back pressure, pull it full back!! Nothing happens, the attitude does not change, and thats not real!!!

Thank you for your reply :)

Mario

• totally agree! I have never flown the boeing 737, but I know that happens. The problem here is different. Try to take off this aircraft, and just when you feel you need to apply more back pressure, pull it full back!! Nothing happens, the attitude does not change, and thats not real!!!

Thank you for your reply :)

Mario

Hi Mario,

Just given the 737-500 a whirl, and I see exactly what you mean! It's not right, but sounds like the good folks at Aerofly is onto it!.

Cheers

• Official Post

Haven’t had a chance to play much with Aerofly since the big update as I’ve been out on trips, but if what you describe in that you have troubles reaching 15 degree attitude for take-off “smoothly”, that sounds like they’ve NAILED it;-) Been a long time since I flew the 737 on the line, but that’s exactly how I remember it. You reach stagnation in rotation at around 8-10 degrees with an even backpressure, and it requires an extra “haul back” on the yoke to get it through to where you need it for rotation. I transitioned to A330 about a year ago, but spent the last 8 years before that on the 777 and it also exhibits some of the same characteristics in rotation - it would happily waffle along with the nose 10 degrees up during rotation, unless you made a concerted (that got turned into sub-conscious with “experience in type”) effort to bring the nose through stagnation in rotation.

First time I have heard someone actually confirming that this is a real world effect as well, thanks a lot!

I was already wondering how you would get rid of the ground effect of the tail surface on takeoff but keep it on landing. Such a distinction doesnt exist in physics.

• Just did my first proper flight in the Q400 and I'm very happy with the rightclick-and-drag PROP operation, very convenient, and RECIRC being on, as well as WINDOW HEAT. Little things but nice. The HUD looks cool but I have no clue what everything means though... (Never used the HUD in the Majestic Q400 either because the airliner I flew, in Norway, didn't have a HUD in real life.) Maybe in the future the few texts that aren't placed (aligned) properly will also be corrected? Nothing big but as I said, little things can be nice too. ;)

All in all I am still extremely happy with the update! O, wait, yes, I also can't WAIT to see the FMS of the Q400 come to live like the Airbus MCDU!!! :) Bring it on!

Which made me think... Isn't it an idea to open a 'constant' beta channel so those who don't mind testing things will have a sort of constant flow of little updates and changes? So we won't have to wait half a year or more before all littles changes have been put together as one big update? For instance, Jan said the tech behind the Airbus MCDU also works for the other planes so I can imagine the Q400 FMS being able to show more screens pretty soon: would be great to have that one update as a beta! This way we might also get an insight on how things are developing. And we won't have to wait half a year to get improvements that are already done and finished! Imho small beta updates would be better than once-in-a-year-mega-updates. Just thinking out loud... ;)

• Which made me think... Isn't it an idea to open a 'constant' beta channel so those who don't mind testing things will have a sort of constant flow of little updates and changes? So we won't have to wait half a year or more before all littles changes have been put together as one big update? For instance, Jan said the tech behind the Airbus MCDU also works for the other planes so I can imagine the Q400 FMS being able to show more screens pretty soon: would be great to have that one update as a beta! This way we might also get an insight on how things are developing. And we won't have to wait half a year to get improvements that are already done and finished! Imho small beta updates would be better than once-in-a-year-mega-updates. Just thinking out loud... ;)

That is absolutely a great idea. It would keep us "complainers" too busy to complain!

• Official Post

Just did my first proper flight in the Q400 and I'm very happy with the rightclick-and-drag PROP operation, very convenient, and RECIRC being on, as well as WINDOW HEAT. Little things but nice. The HUD looks cool but I have no clue what everything means though... (Never used the HUD in the Majestic Q400 either because the airliner I flew, in Norway, didn't have a HUD in real life.) Maybe in the future the few texts that aren't placed (aligned) properly will also be corrected? Nothing big but as I said, little things can be nice too. ;)

All in all I am still extremely happy with the update! O, wait, yes, I also can't WAIT to see the FMS of the Q400 come to live like the Airbus MCDU!!! :) Bring it on!

Which made me think... Isn't it an idea to open a 'constant' beta channel so those who don't mind testing things will have a sort of constant flow of little updates and changes? So we won't have to wait half a year or more before all littles changes have been put together as one big update? For instance, Jan said the tech behind the Airbus MCDU also works for the other planes so I can imagine the Q400 FMS being able to show more screens pretty soon: would be great to have that one update as a beta! This way we might also get an insight on how things are developing. And we won't have to wait half a year to get improvements that are already done and finished! Imho small beta updates would be better than once-in-a-year-mega-updates. Just thinking out loud... ;)

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough... The fms code is reusable for other aircraft which doesn't mean they are already added in the other aircraft.

At the moment the beta updates are used to test releases on different hard ware configurations before we release it as a public update. After the public update is out I think we are currently just merging the beta into the official release, which means there temporarily is just no beta available. So you can't have it selected anymore I think...

• Official Post

I didn't have time to download the update, so I can't anymore?

No, the current release version (non beta) will most likely be updated to the state of the current beta, rendering the beta obsolete cause the contents are equivalent then.

Once a beta is tested we can update the non-beta, did that make sense?

• I didn't have time to download the update, so I can't anymore?

As long as the beta is beta it will be available in Steam (check the Properties > Beta tab and select it if it's there). By the time it isn't there anymore, the beta will have become an official update and everyone's sim will be updated regardless of their beta settings. As it is right NOW you can still opt in to the beta.