My first try to start Aerofly with Vulkan beta enabled crashed Windows

• Official Post

Make sure you have the latest video card drivers installed.

You might have a GPU that isn't supported just yet with our beta vulkan renderer.

Confirm the drivers and try again. Also, before running Aerofly again delete your main.mcf file located in your documents\aerofly FS 2 folder.

You will have to reconfigure your graphical settings.

Also make sure that you have your video card control panel settings set to default values.

We didn't test AMD cards yet so you might have to just use OpenGL for now.

If it's still crashing after you try my suggestions, please post your tm log on here for us (the link you originally had was broken)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Make sure you have the latest video card drivers installed.

Like I said in my initial post, I'm using the latest driver. I've just updated it yesterday and even checked if a new one got released today.

Also, before running Aerofly again delete your main.mcf file located in your documents\aerofly FS 2 folder.

You will have to reconfigure your graphical settings.

Done. Stil the same result.

Also make sure that you have your video card control panel settings set to default values.

I've never changed them.

If it's still crashing after you try my suggestions, please post your tm log on here for us (the link you originally had was broken)

The link is working just fine. Just checked again. You just have to use the password I mentioned in my initial post when asked for it. If you need the link again (I've noticed you've deleted it from my initial post), I'll repost it.

• Try to post your tm log without sending us to a 3rd party site.

We will have to look it over to see why you are crashing. For now you can use opengl mode.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• We tried to get in contact with AMD but haven't heard back yet. As of now, we do not recommend Aerofly FS on AMD based GPUs ( even though some of them seem to work ).

FYI, here's AMD's developer community forum for graphics programming (OpenGL & Vulkan). From the existing posts, it looks like AMD engineers are participating on a regular basis. They will also report potential driver bugs to the corresponding driver programmer.

"Use this forum for questions or issues about OpenGL and Vulkan (aka OpenGL Next). Note that this is a "general" programming forum about an industry standard. As such, we expect the community to answer questions. AMD engineers will participate, because we are members of the community as well."

[Edit:]

For what it's worth, I've also noticed the following statement in the Radeon driver's release notes:

"This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form."

URL of the "AMD Issue Reporting Form": http://www.amd.com/report

Edited 4 times, last by RiseT (August 6, 2018 at 5:56 PM).