<[string8][extra_user_folder][]> has disappeared from main.mcf

• Hi Jeff,

I am running the BETA version of AFS2 and noticed my scenery has disappeared and I am unable to locate the entry: <[string8][extra_user_folder][]>

I proceeded to add it manually to main.cmf but as soon as I run AFS2 my entry is not in the main.cmf anymore, any ideas why this might happen?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Official Post

Hi Paul, I can't reproduce it on my standard Steam installation of the Aerofly FS 2. The line is default empty and I can add a new folder and then the scenery shows up as it should.

Are you running Aerofly in normal desktop mode or in VR?

Could you maybe add your line again manually, start aerofly and then close it again and then attach your main.mcf (with the line added) and your tm.log (each as text files *.txt), maybe we can spot a mistake.

• Hi Paul, I can't reproduce it on my standard Steam installation of the Aerofly FS 2. The line is default empty and I can add a new folder and then the scenery shows up as it should.

Are you running Aerofly in normal desktop mode or in VR?

Could you maybe add your line again manually, start aerofly and then close it again and then attach your main.mcf (with the line added) and your tm.log (each as text files *.txt), maybe we can spot a mistake.

Hi Jan,

I am running on desktop mode in BETA.

I change the line in main.mcf from <[string8][extra_user_folder][]> to my own <[string8][H:\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery][]> and save it.

Then I run AFS2 and my scenery does not show.

I then exit AFS2, open the main.mcf and it has reverted back to <[string8][extra_user_folder][]> .

Very strange.

Thanks for your assistance :)

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Try editing it in Administrator mode. Sometimes W10 is preventing such modifications without warning.

Good luck

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Try editing it in Administrator mode. Sometimes W10 is preventing such modifications without warning.

Good luck

Antoine

I tried that Antoine, no luck :( - I have also reverted back to normal edition rather than BETA, same issue :(

Handy cultivation tools

• hard luck, but then it doesn't seem to be related to the upgrade itself.

Did you double check the syntax, especially the slashes?

I also had quite a lot of troubles to make it initially work. For some reason I couldn't explain, it first worked when I named my user folder 'user_folder'.

Before that, the line wasn't erased from main.cfg but sceneries placed inside my external folder were never being loaded by AFS2.

Good luck with your issue.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Your folder path is not correct, it should end in the main directory of the user folder, not in the subfolder scenery!

Delete the last bit with "\scenery" and try again

Jan, I did as you suggested, it made no difference. No matter what I put in as folder path, AFS2 just reverts back to the default: <[string8][extra_user_folder][]>

Handy cultivation tools

• If someone could delete their main.cmf, start AFS2, get out of AFS2, add the folder path to main.cmf, start AFS2 and see if scenery turns up/re-check main.cmf and see if it reverted back to its original state.

Handy cultivation tools

• Hi Paul,

extra_user_folder is the name of the string. Add your path into the brackets behind this name.

Wrong: <[string8][H:\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery][]>

Better: <[string8][extra_user_folder][H:\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery]>

Cheers

• Hi Paul,

extra_user_folder is the name of the string. Add your path into the brackets behind this name.

Wrong: <[string8][H:\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery][]>

Better: <[string8][extra_user_folder][H:\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery]>

Cheers

Hi Rodeo,

Thank you for your help, now it is working again: <[string8][extra_user_folder][H:\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\]>

I am smiling once again :):)

Cheers,

Paul

Handy cultivation tools

Edited once, last by Kloot (July 2, 2018 at 9:01 PM).