Graphics Comparison Video

• Being a bit disappointed with the lack of weather, ATC, and aerotow, I decided to try out a couple of competitors products. I spent hundreds of dollars on new hardware to make it run as smooth as possible. Purchased updates to make the graphics look better. Struggled for hours and hours to get rid of stutter, and make it look as good as possible in VR.

In the end, I think I am just going to scrap it and come back to AFS2. Even after all that, well.... You can see in the video. Watch the whole thing full screen, and compare the ground details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=583qU4u0Qc8

• Nice comparison although I can't see much of the purchased updates for P3D: looks quite default to me. AFS2 wins easily when compared to default P3D. Anyway, I am also only flying in AFS2 at this moment: can't be bothered with all the performance problems that other sims have for now.

• Nice comparison although I can't see much of the purchased updates for P3D: looks quite default to me. AFS2 wins easily when compared to default P3D. Anyway, I am also only flying in AFS2 at this moment: can't be bothered with all the performance problems that other sims have for now.

It is running A2A Cessna 172 ($$), REX SKY Force (awesome clouds and weather but $$, just used clear skies in this video though) REX 4 (for water textures, and airport textures $$), REX world wide airports ($), ORBX Trees HD ($), and I think I had ORBX Global on as well.

In all, probably 3x the money over AFS2, but still does not look or preform as good. It probably would look better with photoreal scenery, even so the city would have about 1/3 of the buildings that AFS2 has.

• If I wanted to fly without ATC, AI traffic, or any other signs of life on the planet then I would only fly FS2. Unfortunately I like those other things just as much as I like smooth frame rates. So far the two are mutually exclusive. You can have one or t'other. This is why I own 5 flight simulations and have no disposable cash left to my name

"We'll use the Hornet, strip the planes down as light as we can, and use the best pilots we can find" - Jimmy Doolittle

• when I can approach KSAN from Gillespie Field in a Stearman, hear traffic contacting the tower and see other planes in the pattern, landing, taxiing and so on with some vehicles cruising on the highway and a flock of birds being flushed from the brush as I drop down to the strip (like I can in FSX) and still have these FS2 FPS I will die happy. And if on top of that I could take off from NAS North Island and fly out to a moving carrier for traps and cats (like I can in FSX) or fly to a remote lake in a seaplane and land on dynamic and reflective WATER (like I can in FSX)... and on and on we go.

Those things aside - I DO respect what IPACS has made and is continuing to develop - This is a nice change of pace for when I only need to see fluid frame rates, pretty planes, and nice lighting...

"We'll use the Hornet, strip the planes down as light as we can, and use the best pilots we can find" - Jimmy Doolittle

• It is running A2A Cessna 172 ($$), REX SKY Force (awesome clouds and weather but $$, just used clear skies in this video though) REX 4 (for water textures, and airport textures $$), REX world wide airports ($), ORBX Trees HD ($), and I think I had ORBX Global on as well.

In all, probably 3x the money over AFS2, but still does not look or preform as good. It probably would look better with photoreal scenery, even so the city would have about 1/3 of the buildings that AFS2 has.

Ah, LOL, okay. Well, Orbx Global definitely wasn't 'on': those textures are clearly default. The REX addons don't offer enough to be seen in a video like this (the only one that makes a clear difference is SkyForce but that one wasn't used either). The only addon that would make an obvious difference here would have been Global. But then you'd still be using default New York versus AFS2 New York DLC.

But anyway, I am also only flying AFS2 now: don't even have P3D installed right now. And when I read all those topics on AVSIM about performance problems I don't feel like installing it... although I probably will whenever I feel the need to experience some weather or interact with ATC.

• P3D seems to suffer from it's own updates - they break most of the third party add-ons and users have to wait for all of those people to patch and fix them. That would drive me nuts. Maybe I'll buy it in another year or so..when LM calms down finally now that they have the 64bit platform up.

• P3D seems to suffer from it's own updates - they break most of the third party add-ons and users have to wait for all of those people to patch and fix them. That would drive me nuts. Maybe I'll buy it in another year or so..when LM calms down finally now that they have the 64bit platform up.

I so agree, P3D is a big failure for me... I have an old 2600K OC at 4.4ghz and my friend as a 7700, he also struggle and that is stopping me for now to upgrade my CPU

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4