All of you public beta testers out there - POST YOUR BUGS HERE

• Odd…

Pulling back the throttle lever concurrently extends the air brake.

This occurs only in the Aermacchi MB339 as far as I have seen, at least not in the Learjet nor the F/A 18.

Pls have a look.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GH o/c @3.7GHz; 10,0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 482MHz; ASUS SABERTOOTH X58; GeForce GTX 1060 6GB; 232GB Samsung Portable SSD T3.

• Official Post

The current public beta build is version 2.01.05.15.

Please first make sure that you are on this version before you post here.

anyone that may post a bug report with this latest version before you post anything, make sure you have tested this with the latest graphics card drivers. Also before posting, if you experience problems first try to delete your 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 root folder; this will reset your graphics settings and clear any possible processes that should have been cleared.

Another note, if you are experiencing crashing make sure that your system is using the proper dedicated drivers for your graphics card as sometimes Windows update tends to overwrite these with their own driver set.

When posting a bug report, make sure you mention which GPU driver you have and your actual GPU model.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• AF 2.01.05.17

GPU RX 580

CPU i7-6700K

Not sure if this thread is for Vulkan-only bugs or OpenGL bugs that are not present using Vulkan.

Like I posted in another thread, with Vulkan enabled AF2 crashes (and sometimes takes Windows with it) as soon as I leave it's menu/settings view, i. e. when starting an actual flight. With the latest version mentioned above, this is still the case.

Now the interesting thing is that while I've never been able to make VSync work when using OpenGL (in both the start/settings view and the flight view FPS doesn't decrease much), using Vulkan VSync *does* work in the menu/settings view (I obviously can't judge VSync in the flight view as it crashes with Vulkan).

So there still seems to lurk some bug in the current OpenGL implementation of VSync (at least when using the GPU mentioned above).

• Official Post

Have you made sure that you are using the latest video drivers. Also, make sure that you have your GPU control panel set to default values and delete your 'main.mcf' file located in your documents/Aerofly FS 2 root folder.

I have tested the latest update with an i7-6700 laptop with an R7 GPU and it passed every test I threw at it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Have you made sure that you are using the latest video drivers. Also, make sure that you have your GPU control panel set to default values and delete your 'main.mcf' file located in your documents/Aerofly FS 2 root folder.

Done all of that (although this post is primarily about VSync).

Regarding the crashes with Vulkan, I've already posted a crash log last time. But I've attached a new one below, resulting from AF 2.01.05.17.

I have tested the latest update with an i7-6700 laptop with an R7 GPU and it passed every test I threw at it.

There's another guy here with a RX 580 (which is btw one of AMD's most frequently sold gaming GPUs), so he might be able to confirm this chrisdkramer

Edit: I should have expressed myself a litte bit clearer: That other RX 580 user mentioned above has already confirmed here that Vulkan doesn't work for him, but he has only done so for the very first AF2 version implementing Vulkan (cannot remember which version that is), not for the current version.

• Official Post

@RiseT: Are you sure you have installed the latest AMD driver from http://www.amd.com? According to the tm.log you sent there are two issues that indicate the wrong driver or a missing feature. We have tested a Radeon RX 560 Series and that one works fine. Please reduce quality settings as a test and choose a location with only few airports around.

• Are you sure you have installed the latest AMD driver from http://www.amd.com?

Absolutely. Always do.

Currently, the Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 is installed.

Edit: I'm always using the "AMD Minimal Setup" (which only means the setup downloads the necessary files from the web, it's not a different driver), and opt out of "Radeon ReLive" (which really shouldn't be necessary - never has been).

Edited once, last by RiseT (July 6, 2018 at 8:16 PM).

• We have tested with 18.5.1 and a RX 560 and it runs fine. Any chance you try that driver?

I've posted some additonal info above regarding the quality settings. If you still have no idea what the reason could be, I'd be willing to downgrade the driver for testing purposes. Let me now if you still want me to do that.

• Well, we tested with all on Ultra, thats why its a little strange. You are right the 560 is quite a bit slower.

Ok. I've done the full tour, uninstalled 18.6.1, additionally wiped any potentially remaining AMD graphics driver leftovers with Display Driver Uninstaller from the system and installed 18.5.1 (instead of 18.6.1), rebooting after each step.

Funnily enough, now even "Low" and "Middle" settings crash with Vulkan enabled (OpenGL still fine).

Update:

Due to (known) problems of 18.5.1 with Subnautica, I've updated back to 18.6.1 (with Subnautica working again).

Now, AF2's "Low" and "Middle" settings with Vulkan again don't crash AF2, but the moment I move the view (holding the right mouse button) within the cockpit, AF2 crashes. I didn't try moving the view the first time, so it probably would have happened there as well.

Summary:

• 18.5.1: AF2/Vulkan crashes on all quality settings
    • 18.6.1: AF2/Vulkan crashes immediately on "high" and "ultra", and as soon as moving the view (or potentially doing other things) on "low" and "middle" settings

Rather strange behavior.

Edited 5 times, last by RiseT (July 7, 2018 at 12:16 AM).

• Ok, thanks for trying all this. We might have to try this card ourself to see where this issue comes from.

Thanks for your efforts. May another solution would be making the log (temporarily?) more verbose in the Vulkan API area. But I don't know - you have to decide what's the best way for you.

Btw: Any chance to find out via a log why VSync refuses to work (never got it working) with OpenGL on the RX 580?

Edited once, last by RiseT (July 7, 2018 at 12:19 PM).