Fantastic job with Beta Vulkan update

• I'll post some video later, but I was VERY impressed with the Vulkan update even in it's Beta state ... a few oddities here and there but overall very very very smooth at 4K res ... it's the ONLY simulator I have where I can really say "I Maxed out all the settings" and FPS locks to 60Hz without a single long frame.

Very impressive, by far the best "visual" simulator currently on the market and very price friendly.

If you can bring in a weather engine (heck leave ATC, AI, and ground traffic for another day or make it available thru SDK and have payware vendors do the work), more global scenery coverage (payware or otherwise), and some minor adjustments I feel you'll capture a much bigger flight simulator audience.

Cheers, Rob.

• Official Post

Rob welcome to our forum.

Yes, this update was very welcomed by the community. Thank you for the kind words nonetheless on behalf of the entire team. There are still a couple of issues yet for us to work out but not too many.

Look out for more good stuff coming soon.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hear hear! I just want to add that I am seriously impressed with the new anti-aliasing. I find in other flight sims it can be either too minimal or too smooth, but you guys have absolutely nailed it to my eyes. And of course there's everything else with the new update. Also I agree 100% with what Rob said, though of course I always look forward to what IPACS bring to the simulator and I'm sure the ATC will be excellent. (Fantasy scenario - imagine if TrueSky came to AFS2? It was stunning in FSW, and I don't think there's any way it'll ever come to P3D or XP due to the third party engines)

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Love the Vulkan update too. Steady 120FPS with all on max. Gladly sacrifice 60 FPS for more scenery (UK, SE Asia) AI traffic, Real Weather etc.

Thanks IPACS

Mike

P3D 3.4/XP 10,11/AFS2/DCS/Flyinside FS - Win 10 Home 64 - ASRock Z270 Extreme 4, Intel i7 7700k 4.5GHz, 32Gb 3,200 G.Skill Trident RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti Extreme 11Gb, Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2 NVMe + 2Tb WD Gold, NZXT Kraken X62 Oculus Rift.

• If you can bring in a weather engine (heck leave ATC, AI, and ground traffic for another day or make it available thru SDK and have payware vendors do the work)

Agreed. I’ve been asking for weather since day one so it’s great to have you on the AFS2 NEEDS WEATHER team! ;)

• Regarding graphics, unlike X-plane and P3D, AFS2 does not allow for bezel compensation. I have two 16:10 monitors side by side and need to set a resolution of 3950x1200, but Aerofly only offers me the standard double of 3840x1200. Is there a way to set a custom resolution?

P3D 3.4/XP 10,11/AFS2/DCS/Flyinside FS - Win 10 Home 64 - ASRock Z270 Extreme 4, Intel i7 7700k 4.5GHz, 32Gb 3,200 G.Skill Trident RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti Extreme 11Gb, Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2 NVMe + 2Tb WD Gold, NZXT Kraken X62 Oculus Rift.

• Surprise, and joy of joys, after today's restart of the PC, my custom resolution is recognised in the graphics settings and the bezel compensation is perfect. No need to stretch in windowed mode. Excellent.

Mike

• Regarding graphics, unlike X-plane and P3D, AFS2 does not allow for bezel compensation. I have two 16:10 monitors side by side and need to set a resolution of 3950x1200, but Aerofly only offers me the standard double of 3840x1200. Is there a way to set a custom resolution?

Hello,

Yes you have to edit the main.mcf file in the AFS2 installation directory and at the very beginning of the file you can set a default resolution.

There is also a specific post on the steam community to configure a triple monitor installation:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=738066887

You could probably do the same exercise for 2 monitors... simply adjust the values according to the fact you have 2 monitors and not 3 :)

HP Spectre X360 15bl100xx

i7-8550U / 16 GB SDRAM DDR4-2400 / SSD PCIe NVMe M.2 512 GB

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB

Samsung LC32H711QEUXEN 32" Curved Monitor

TrackIR PRO

• Another happy customer who is highly impressed with the Vulkan beta!

Flying over NYC in VR in the GA airplanes, is very smooth and fluid (without cumulus clouds). Remarkably close to the real thing! Nothing else has come this close to the real deal for me, except the real deal.

ATC, AI traffic and weather will indeed turn this into the most realistic experience available in a PC flight simulator.

There's only one other GA sim on my PC at the moment, that's XP11. I no longer waste time with FSX/P3D. Looking forward to the day that I'll have only one:)

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited once, last by Redtail (July 15, 2018 at 8:00 AM).

• Official Post

Hey...where do we (lowly) DVD users get the update? :)

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Please give us some time. The DVD version will be updated soon.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff